User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: The Ventvine

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Because, by giving people the impression that Vent consists of nothing but the shit that gets spewed in threads like this, you ostracize people who would otherwise be fantastic to converse with in Vent.

I just don't understand why this thread is necessary. It serves NO constructive purpose other than to further marginalize "The vent people".
    I understand what you're saying, but I can't help but not care about those who marginalize. If they want to marginalize people based on an obviously silly thread, there is little that encourages "taking effort".
    This thread does not, by any means, suggest that nothing of interest goes on in vent. Like I mentioned before, it is mainly for "capturing" the absurd. If users want to marginalize vent users and view it as consisting of nothing other than shit, they are gaining that impression based on little fact and incorrectly on their own. If they want to jump to conclusion, that is no one's responsibility, but theirs. Users inability to see past a silly thread and what is said on here does not justify having to "take effort" as a collective and stay away from playfully mocking random occurrences on vent, especially in a thread specified for it. A lot of threads on here serve no constructive purpose, I don't see how this specific one should be crucified because the readers might jump to conclusions, assume that vent is nothing but shit, and not join.
    Yes, there is random trolling from time to time, but there is a lot of constructive and interesting conversation that goes on as well.
    I've seen it happen multiple times, people making snide remarks about Vent/Users, but I can only roll my eyes; speaking with convictions without first hand experience isn't exactly what would drive me to take someone seriously, let alone go out of my way to give them an impression that will tempt them into joining vent. I've stated it before, and I'll state it again. Vent has inspired plenty of constructive and thoughtful threads, Users keep coming back on for a reason, even if at times it is not providing any insightful information, they come back for the friends they've made; if someone wants to take this thread seriously, and make false accusation based on an incredibly silly thread, then they're incredibly silly themselves and can not be taken seriously.

I pretty much agree with @erm.

Wow, that's and insightful post D.

Jk; TL;DR.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Wow, that's and insightful post D.

Jk; TL;DR.
    Itz ok , i 4giv u bro.
    kthnxbi

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Yesterday I logged on and casually mentioned to the regular members of the "Ventrilo Crew" that it was my birthday, yet their only response was to tell me that they didn't give a fuck that it was my birthday and that my existence was, as they so eloquently put it, "20 bucks away from becoming an abortion statistic."

I just wish they'd like me, I try so hard to win their consideration.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Yesterday I logged on and casually mentioned to the regular members of the "Ventrilo Crew" that it was my birthday, yet their only response was to tell me that they didn't give a fuck that it was my birthday and that my existence was, as they so eloquently put it, "20 bucks away from becoming an abortion statistic."

I just wish they'd like me, I try so hard to win their consideration.
    OH please, liar, we all know you're the mother hen.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

There is a little women gossip group that happens every once in a while making up rumours here and there based on farfetched cliche-like patterns.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

@YWIR and @Patches, the more you bring this up and argue about it, the more it comes to others' attention, and the more it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Then again, historically speaking, waiting for someone to take the high road anywhere on TypoC has failed miserably more often than not.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    There is a little women gossip group that happens every once in a while making up rumours here and there based on farfetched cliche-like patterns.
    This is actually true.

DavidM is so predictable, I bet the first post he's going to have in this thread is going to go something like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM
    VENT IS SO BORING OMG IM GONNA STOP GOING

MBTI
    ENTJ

VENT IS SO BORING OMG IM GONNA STOP GOING

P.S.

Swivel is now officially the biggest troll on vent!
    Last edited by Xann; 11-24-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: swivel rude