User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    yupp

actually it is partially your fault.I wasn't there but there's no such thing as a blameless party
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Its the principle. Vent used to be a place to go where anyone, regardless of their opinion, could speak in an intellectual manner. Theorize those opinions and gain insight. Now its been over run by a group of bullies, and is the equivalent of a high school sleep over.

It bothers me that people continuously ruin things that were nice before, and again simply walking away and allowing it to happen, just enforces the trend, and is no real solution at all.

If that is the mentality of the members of this forum, the forum loses what made it great to begin with. If it is already a lost cause so be it. I just like to know exactly where everything stands.
    Except that it isn't the principle. If it was the "principle" I can think of a dozen other ways you could have gone about it. For one small example, starting a thread where the subject is on the changed attitude in vent. Instead you created a thread where the subject and focus is you.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yes to this.

Also yes to @Jennifer's really really excellent post.

Usually I don't interact in your threads like this, @ThatGirl, because I know that you'll ignore my posts, just like you ignored SilkRoad's, but here I am again. Although I won't deny that people have been jerks, I will also say that the arguments/conflicts would not escalate if you ignored the people trying to provoke you.
    Just trying to help.
    I didn't ignore Silk's post, I know the answer has been provided several times in the thread, at least from my end. I cannot speak for other people.

As I stated before I have tried to ignore those people. I never speak to them directly, never try to start conversations with them, or butt into theirs. But after a while, when ever time you try to write someone, you get one of five people telling you to stop, shut up, that you are so full of bullshit, or you're an attention whore, and THAT becomes the conversation, its crap.

Basically people are calling me out to confront them on things if I react to make them right. I try to speak about a subject someone calls me a conversation whore, that becomes the conversation, and if I react back, "Oh look TG is in another argument."

My back is up against a wall there and I think that is bullshit. Specially when it happens over and over, and inhibits your ability to actually have a decent conversation.

I am shocked that everyone believes I should change my behavior.

figsfiggyfigs

Tg what intellectual discussions are you referring to specifically? ( one that you apparently got bullied during)

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Except that it isn't the principle. If it was the "principle" I can think of a dozen other ways you could have gone about it. For one small example, starting a thread where the subject is on the changed attitude in vent. Instead you created a thread where the subject and focus is you.
    Again if you're being told EVERYONE feels this way, what can you do if you have no confirmation of that?

Start a thread that no one cares about since they pretty much all feel that way?

Or start a thread to both confirm the facts, and address the issue?

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Tg what intellectual discussions are you referring to specifically? ( one that you apparently got bullied during)
    The ones where people can speak about ideas and theories on whatever subject in a mature manner, without defaulting into criticism, and flame wars.

You're shocked every time you see me speak with Dave. Why? Because we just discuss things. Why? Because he is capable of it.

Of course every one has to chime in about how we should be sleeping together, and when are we going to fuck already. I am sure if I respond to that too, I am being an attention whore.

Anew Leaf

Again if you're being told EVERYONE feels this way, what can you do if you have no confirmation of that?

Start a thread that no one cares about since they pretty much all feel that way?

Or start a thread to both confirm the facts, and address the issue?
    Or start a less dramatic thread like:

Subject: Changed Attitude in Vent?

Post: In my personal experience, I have noticed a changed attitude in vent. Months ago I would log in and be able to chat with 5-7 people on Typology related subjects. I learned a lot and it has given me an impetus to return to both this site and vent. However, the last couple weeks I haven't been able to have those conversations. Instead the vent conversations seem to be focused on what's going on with each other's lives.

I am wondering if others have noticed this change, and if they have noticed it, would they be willing to create a channel/group where the focus is on X, Y, and Z kinds of topics?

Note the difference between that and your first post?

MBTI
    STUF

Whoops.

Ginkgo

MBTI
    STUF

To the people telling me to quit vent. That is like telling someone to move out of their house, because there is a badger in the attic, or to close off the second floor to avoid running into it.

Multiple people in this thread had in fact confirmed this is not MY issue, there is no reason for someone to confront me on behalf of everyone, and it is in fact trolling. That I get more trolling than anyone else for whatever reason.

I don't even care about vent, but I refuse to leave because a group of pests told me too. I cant even believe other people would stand aside and let them take over in harassing people. Whats going to happen when I am gone? Who will it be then?
    Usually, when intellectualizing, I avoid entering badger dens and calling them my home.
    Whoops.