MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

93JC

ThatGirl

Proof this isn't the first or last time.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Fair enough.

I heard that 92jc guy is sorry for being a douche to you earlier, tg.

As for me, the much better 93JC, I think I'm going to take a break. See you later, maybe.
    I have been dealing with this passive aggressive shit on and off ever since. I am seriously sick of it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    So is everyone just going to shut up and not say anything! Until the next time they can take a shot at me? Is that again what we are going to be doing?
    Okay, since you want respect by direct communication and having something to push against:

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. I had no idea you and someone else had some issue until I logged in here and see you going off and raising a big self-focused ruckus about how we should just ban you if we don't want you here, blah blah blah. I mean, I'm sitting here like, "WTF has gotten into her THIS time?" And since only mods can ban, are you talking to mods? or members who can't ban you? Or what exactly?

This seems to happen a lot. The last time I saw you do this, you started some thread about how shitty the mods were because we were letting Marm be on Vent despite her six-month ban... although with barely any real investigation it was clear that it wasn't Marm and the mods hadn't done anything inconsistent. I mean, all you had to do that time was write a mod, say, "Someone is claiming to be Marm on Vent, she's banned, can you guys check it out?" and the problem would have been quietly resolved and you would have saved face... yet you made a big stink about it without thinking through it first.

For being a thinker type, there is always a cloud of drama surrounding you, that you create purposefully because I guess you function best when there are forces stirred up that you can push back against and feel like you're having some control over your life and environment.

Personally, I feel that this approach is counter-productive unless you are seeking negative attention. Because I have trouble taking you seriously when there's some drama of the week that is tossed like a live hand grenade into the middle of the forum. Typically I just ignore you -- not because I don't like you, but I don't like being in the middle of a needless mess and it usually seems like something that will resolve itself. It sounds like you see being ignored as disrespect. You've said before that you respect and admire me, so maybe if I tell you how your behavior impacts me and how I perceive you, it will help you decide how to respond to the next private issue that comes along.

it's probably the introverted thinker part of me talking here, but I just don't understand why you can't either deal with the person directly and be done with it, without dragging the rest of the forum into what sounds like a private conflict, or ignore the person if you think they're full of shit, or contact a mod if they are in actual violation of FAQ (although maybe this is happening on Vent? Hell, I wouldn't know, all I ever see posted is some half-incomprehensible rant that I can't make any sense of, even if I'd like to help).You really DO seem more like you enjoy just spewing some frustration across the forum, rather than thinking your way through to a solution, that's me being as objective as I possibly can be.

I mean, come on. I know you're a tough, strong woman. The way you seem to deal lately with things don't seem to be the actions of a tough, strong woman, they're the responses of a woman who feels out of control of her life and making a lot of noise without actually fixing things. And I don't even know how to help you, even if it could. I wish I could. I'd like you to be more centered within yourself, not feeling so out of control, and being able to focus all of this random explosion of energy on your problem and resolve it efficiently. You'd probably feel better, too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Okay, since you want respect by direct communication and having something to push against:

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. I had no idea you and someone else had some issue until I logged in here and see you going off and raising a big self-focused ruckus about how we should just ban you if we don't want you here, blah blah blah. I mean, I'm sitting here like, "WTF has gotten into her THIS time?"

Because this seems to happen a lot. The last time I saw you do this, you started some thread about how shitty the mods were because we were letting Marm be on Vent despite her six-month ban... although with barely any real investigation it was clear that it wasn't Marm and the mods hadn't done anything inconsistent. I mean, all you had to do that time was write a mod, say, "Someone is claiming to be Marm on Vent, she's banned, can you guys check it out?" and the problem would have been quietly resolved and you would have saved face... yet you made a big stink about it without thinking through it first.

For being a thinker type, there is always a cloud of drama surrounding you, that you create purposefully because I guess you function best when there are forces stirred up that you can push back against and feel like you're having some control over your life and environment.

Personally, I feel that this approach is counter-productive unless you are seeking negative attention. Because I have trouble taking you seriously when there's some drama of the week that is tossed like a live hand grenade into the middle of the forum. Typically I just ignore you. It sounds like you see that as disrespect. You've said before that you respect and admire me, so maybe if I tell you how your behavior impacts me and how I perceive you, it will help you decide how to respond to the next private issue that comes along.

it's probably the introverted thinker part of me talking here, but I just don't understand why you can't either deal with the person directly and be done with it, without dragging the rest of the forum into what sounds like a private conflict, or ignore the person if you think they're full of shit, or contact a mod if they are in actual violation of FAQ (although maybe this is happening on Vent? Hell, I wouldn't know, all I ever see posted is some half-incomprehensible rant that I can't make any sense of, even if I'd like to help).

I mean, come on. I know you're a tough, strong woman. The way you seem to deal lately with things don't seem to be the actions of a tough, strong woman, they're the responses of a woman who feels out of control of her life and making a lot of noise without actually fixing things. And I don't even know how to help you, even if it could.
    I didn't report the incident in vent directly with Dave because, and I stated in the thread, I acknowledged it may have not been truth. My frustration came from the idea it is even questionable, and how everyone creates duplicate accounts. Even in the OP I stated their had to be a better system to not cause that confusion since apparently, bans didn't really mean the person went away or not.

The entire thread was turned specifically into my issue with Dave, and yes I was wrong. But in the OP I stated he was "claiming" to be Marm, and I was pissed by the lack of ability to control these things. That was the solution, can we find a better system. It was supposed to spark discussion, which it did not.

This is the same thing. The insult tonight was not ban worthy in my opinion so what good would it have been to report it to the Mods. Frankly, I have tried everything to deal with these people. I have tried ignoring, spitting it back, and asking directly for them to ignore me.

What is happening is that a clique has formed in there where they decide what is or is not acceptable conversation. To be honest, my way of participating in vent is that I make comments about whatever is on my mind, and when someone becomes receptive or interested in those comments, a discussion begins. I never tell other people to stop their conversations. Demand any attention from any other member on there. Or purposely interrupt someone's train of thought.

I understand there is not much that can be done as far as raising the maturity levels of the users. But tonight, I became fed up with passive aggression. Someone calling you an attention whore, when you aren't even speaking to them, is in my opinion unacceptable. The only way to deal with passive aggression is bring it out into the open. Otherwise the person just keeps spinning and spinning.

Every time this happens in vent everyone either supports the antagonist or shuts up completely. Well I need to know, if this is warranted or not. If this is even acceptable. If I am truly in the wrong, I want people to fucking just confront it already. And if I am not, then I want acknowledgment that this will stop, so I don't have to be on guard for every time someone wants to pick a fight with me because its funny.

I am honestly confused as to why everyone allows this to happen.

ThatGirl

IT should also be noted that when confronted, the man took it upon himself to speak for the group in this matter, which I could not get a clear answer from the group either. But apparently everyone loves that he calls me out on my bullshit. I want to know again, is this true?

MBTI
    N
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I didn't report the incident in vent directly with Dave because, and I stated in the thread, I acknowledged it may have not been truth. My frustration came from the idea it is even questionable, and how everyone creates duplicate accounts. Even in the OP I stated their had to be a better system to not cause that confusion since apparently, bans didn't really mean the person went away or not.

The entire thread was turned specifically into my issue with Dave, and yes I was wrong. But in the OP I stated he was "claiming" to be Marm, and I was pissed by the lack of ability to control these things. That was the solution, can we find a better system. It was supposed to spark discussion, which it did not.

This is the same thing. The insult tonight was not ban worthy in my opinion so what good would it have been to report it to the Mods. Frankly, I have tried everything to deal with these people. I have tried ignoring, spitting it back, and asking directly for them to ignore me.

What is happening is that a clique has formed in there where they decide what is or is not acceptable conversation. To be honest, my way of participating in vent is that I make comments about whatever is on my mind, and when someone becomes receptive or interested in those comments, a discussion begins. I never tell other people to stop their conversations. Demand any attention from any other member on there. Or purposely interrupt someone's train of thought.

I understand there is not much that can be done as far as raising the maturity levels of the users. But tonight, I became fed up with passive aggression. Someone calling you an attention whore, when you aren't even speaking to them, is in my opinion unacceptable. The only way to deal with passive aggression is bring it out into the open. Otherwise the person just keeps spinning and spinning.

Every time this happens in vent everyone either supports the antagonist or shuts up completely. Well I need to know, if this is warranted or not. If this is even acceptable. If I am truly in the wrong, I want people to fucking just confront it already. And if I am not, then I want acknowledgment that this will stop, so I don't have to be on guard for every time someone wants to pick a fight with me because its funny.

I am honestly confused as to why everyone allows this to happen.

First off, let's take note of the fact that you make yourself an easy target. It is practically the same excitement one gets from poking a dying squirrel and watching the puss leak out. I, for one, enjoy the reaction. WHY NOT NOT REACT.

Second off, your responses to this thread, if I am interpretting them correctly, are a bit over the top. If you would take a moment to look more carefully on Ventrillo conversations it isn't all against one. Quite a few people there have no interest in even being involved in our poking at you. They simply don't care to instigate.

Third, you clearly seek Type C, as many seek personality forums, for emotionaly support. And there's nothing wrong with that. But it may be a good idea to find alternative outlets for your frustration. Because everything you're reacting to really isn't that huge in the grand scheme of things -THE WORLD.-

Anyways, please continue. I enjoy

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchitasi View Post
    First off, let's take note of the fact that you make yourself an easy target. It is practically the same excitement one gets from poking a dying squirrel and watching the puss leak out. I, for one, enjoy the reaction. WHY NOT NOT REACT.

Second off, your responses to this thread, if I am interpretting them correctly, are a bit over the top. If you would take a moment to look more carefully on Ventrillo conversations it isn't all against one. Quite a few people there have no interest in even being involved in our poking at you. They simply don't care to instigate.

Third, you clearly seek Type C, as many seek personality forums, for emotionaly support. And there's nothing wrong with that. But it may be a good idea to find alternative outlets for your frustration. Because everything you're reacting to really isn't that huge in the grand scheme of things -THE WORLD.-

Anyways, please continue. I enjoy
    That is completely unacceptable. So I have to change my behavior to keep you guys from acting stupid, and immaturely. Do you see how fucked up that is?

And your one of them, so I can only assume the rest of your post is just more trolling, which is what I believe you just defined in the first paragraph.

ThatGirl

Seriously, I am really fucking appalled at this point.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

When a random person gets anger thrown at them for something that someone is attributing to them (see: your repeated use of "you guys") they're more likely to get all prickly and be pissed at you because most people know they didn't do anything. When people are misidentified they feel mistreated and are likely to fire back. You're rolling a snowball down a snowy hill when you speak to groups that way. Of the thousands of people on this forum, most have no idea what you're talking about or why you frequently have the hostile tone you have.

(I don't dislike you I just often times feel like you understand the world as "ThatGirl," and "EveryoneElse," sort of like a boyfriend who blames you for the sins of all his previous exes. It's uncool and people feel misidentified and mistreated.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis