User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    It's the TypoC underworld, we deal in dark things, like conflict diamonds and insulting TG.
    'Tis a risky business. Quit while you're ahead.

Ginkgo

TG, how do I get rid of my dandruff?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Can we just avoid that, by getting to the bottom of the issue. For people to confront what the fuck is really going on, because right now I am confused.
    Central is not controlled by any individual, so no individual knows what is going on.

The best we can do is make forays and see what happens. And what happens is what is going on.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Central is not controlled by any individual, so no individual knows what is going on.

The best we can do is make forays and see what happens. And what happens is what is going on.
    By the time I finished reading this post I knew less than I did before reading it. Lol.

As for TG - I sense that maybe you are experiencing some issues in real life. Maybe take a break from the forum? -shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    By the time I finished reading this post I knew less than I did before reading it. Lol.
    As an individual we usually know what is going on, and as a member of an authoritarian group, we are told what is going on. But in a free, transparent and open group, no one knows what is going on.

This can leave literate individuals disorientated, as we are used to knowing what is going on.

However in an open group we don't orientate ourselves lineally, we orientate ourselves emotionally. We listen to the emotional vibe of the group from moment to moment.

Naturally it is a big jump from being a literate individual to being a member of an electronic group, so we can expect to move back and forth in our minds as we learn the distinction between literacy and the electric net.

We can expect to be confused - knowing that confusion is a sign of learning.

Ginkgo

As an individual we usually know what is going on, and as a member of an authoritarian group, we are told what is going on. But in a free, transparent and open group, no one knows what is going on.

This can leave literate individuals disorientated, as we are used to knowing what is going on.

However in an open group we don't orientate ourselves lineally, we orientate ourselves emotionally. We listen to the emotional vibe of the group from moment to moment.

Naturally it is a big jump from being a literate individual to being a member of an electronic group, so we can expect to move back and forth in our minds as we learn the distinction between literacy and the electric net.

We can expect to be confused - knowing that confusion is a sign of learning.
    I don't understand. What are you trying to tell me?

How can "we" be an individual? *slams face on concrete*

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I don't understand. What are you trying to tell me?

How can "we" be an individual? *slams face on concrete*
    When we say we don't understand, we are starting to learn. And what do we learn? We learn distinctions, for we perceive by making distinctions.

And sure, learning is disorientating and cognitively dissonanant - a bit like slamming our face into the concrete.

Ginkgo

When we say we don't understand, we are starting to learn. And what do we learn? We learn distinctions, for we perceive by making distinctions.

And sure, learning is disorientating and cognitively dissonanant - a bit like slamming our face into the concrete.
    *doesn't know what to do*

Here's a puppy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Let me through, I am a doctor translator!

What Victor is saying is that

- In a free group (as opposed to a strictly organized group or the experiences of an individual) we often don't know what is going on. We can not see and understand everything that is happening in this large group, but thanks to gut feeling and instinct we can get an intuitive grasp of group dynamics and overall tendencies and developements.

- This group is free. If you can not (completely) control it, all that is left to do is wait and see what happens. What happens when a group is left to be free is exactly what did/does happen with this group (for good or for bad)

Glad I could help

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You're a 6w5, ISTP.
    You don't like 6w5s much, do you?
    Female
    INFJ