User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Completely distorted.
    Only through a lens like your own would something like that appear distorted.
    Whoops.

My becoming frustrated with the changing vent conversations was months ago, please provide an example of where I have acted like that recently. You will note that I have not.
    I don't have logs so I can't. You're right in saying that I'm going by memory. If it is indeed the case that you've stopped doing this, then yeah, my bad, sorry.

As stated before, most of the time, I just talk to myself, and do not disrupt your conversations.
    Um.

Okay. This is an innocent question and I'm not trying to belittle you in any way. Why are you using a public form of communication to talk to yourself? If you don't want people to share their opinions on something you're saying in a public place, perhaps it's not the right place to do it. When you get talking to yourself in main chat, it's hard not to notice or respond. I try to refrain from responding because I usually don't have anything complimentary or constructive to say, but it's not easy. It's unreasonable to expect people not to chip in when you're talking in a public setting or to offer opinions on something you said in main chat, complimentary or otherwise.

Naturally, you have the same rights yourself and anyone who tries to come down on you for exercising them can go take a hike.

Also, the very problem I am addressing right now, is the same one.
    I don't understand this bit.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Only through a lens like your own would something like that appear distorted.

You mean intelligence?

Anew Leaf

Completely distorted.
    Your perception? Yes, yes it is.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I am tired of defending my own position. This thread does not need to go any further. For the record, I think its sick, and very disturbing, when groups make comments about the power of the "hive mind".

Trust me I have no desire to spend anymore time there. I just think it is sick that after all the history, knowledge, and awareness people have of people, there are groups still more than willing to participate in such animistic dynamics.

The quality of my discussion, which is debatable, is in no way a justification for having to argue myself against group of people, or shut up and take it, with no promise of the others to change their behavior at all. As a matter of fact it is so perfectly acceptable, they can do as such out in the open, without consequence, and rub that into people's faces.
    You ignored my previous post, but it addressed this concern.

If people are insulting you personally, report them! Jaguar mentioned that too, and you ignored him. It's a reasonable suggestion. I think a lot of people on this thread were reasonable. Don't generalize this thread based only on the people who posted in it that annoyed you.

This is why I said that some of the problems you were describing come from your reactivity. Even now, you're feeding the trolls. They'll do what they'll do; you don't need to talk to them on their level. Don't let yourself be a target.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

This thread is good comedy, I posted it on /b for lolz

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I don't have logs so I can't. You're right in saying that I'm going by memory. If it is indeed the case that you've stopped doing this, then yeah, my bad, sorry.

Um.

Okay. This is an innocent question and I'm not trying to belittle you in any way. Why are you using a public form of communication to talk to yourself? If you don't want people to share their opinions on something you're saying in a public place, perhaps it's not the right place to do it. When you get talking to yourself in main chat, it's hard not to notice or respond. I try to refrain from responding because I usually don't have anything complimentary or constructive to say, but it's not easy. It's unreasonable to expect people not to chip in when you're talking in a public setting or to offer opinions on something you said in main chat, complimentary or otherwise.

Naturally, you have the same rights yourself and anyone who tries to come down on you for exercising them can go take a hike.

I don't understand this bit.
    Posts back, I claimed that I do not interrupt anyone's conversation, when they are talking about shit I could care less about. I stated that I just make comments about what is on my mind, and if someone happens to tune into that, and want to speak, we can have a discussion.

This in no way justifies being told to shut up, personal slams, or insults.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

No doubt people gang up on you in vent. I've tried to stop it when I was a Vent regular (and forum regular, neither of which am I really, currently). Incidentally, though, you've said some fucked up stuff to and about me for not making you a mod, when all I've ever done is try to defend you and I was consistently honest about the likelihood of you becoming a mod (not high). It's not a one-sided issue.

There's really no reason to call anyone a cunt under any circumstances, though, and if I'd been there when that happened I'd probably have kicked starch from the chat. Don't do that.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    You ignored my previous post, but it addressed this concern.

If people are insulting you personally, report them! Jaguar mentioned that too, and you ignored him. It's a reasonable suggestion. I think a lot of people on this thread were reasonable. Don't generalize this thread based only on the people who posted in it that annoyed you.

This is why I said that some of the problems you were describing come from your reactivity. Even now, you're feeding the trolls. They'll do what they'll do; you don't need to talk to them on their level. Don't let yourself be a target.
    I haven't ignored anyone.

MBTI
    STUF

This kind of thread is just mental masturbation, I should know. Any reasonable response won't get an answer. CLOSE THE THREAD
    Whoops.