From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default Design your dream house

A bit of intuitive muscle flexing here. Design your dream house. What would it look like? Any special style of architecture? What type of decor would you use in it? Feel free to use pics to help give us an idea of what your dream house would look like.

(Also if you guys want to psychoanalyze each other's house plans, have at it!)

Lets get started!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I find the color scheme of Frida Kahlo's house in Mexico City to be delightful.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've done this.. and had to let it go. It was a three story Victorian/Queen Anne/Mansard style home. There was a tower with an observatory. The foyer is with parquet marquetry done in Penrose tiles. Off the foyer there will be a wainscot parlor with a very large fireplace. There will be bedrooms and various special purpose rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors. All of it will be wired to be automated. The intercoms and controls will all be by the doors mounted in polished brass plates and neon indicators. There will be a large hedge around the back and wrought iron on the front. There will be topiaries throughout. And there will be a tree swing in the back corner of the yard, hung off of the 180 year old linden.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I so wanted to answer in a straight-forward way but the super strong NF side of me is saying "It doesn't matter what the house looks like, its what's inside that makes a home."
    But in reference to the thread...I do like the old Victorian homes. There are alot of them around here and they look quite majestic.
    (Occasionally I'll see a "modern" house and it looks neat for a few minutes and then I think "meh, looks like all the rest".)
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My grandparents have a second house in northern Michigan on Lake Huron. They bought it in 1970 and my brother and I spent every summer there. It's just a little sleepy town with a nice harbor and those old fashioned places that don't exist much anymore. There is a house that's been a B&B for a long time now but when I was a child, it was a private home, maybe a block from my grandparents house. It's always been my dream house.

6 bedrooms, a huge kitchen, Butlers pantry between the kitchen and formal dining room, wrap around porch, rec room on the upper level which is something I always liked and you don't generally see in modern houses. I'm not usually a yellow fan but I love it on this house.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

A-frame wood (1200 sq. feet) with porch, living room and kitchen first floor, wood stove for heat with connection to a wood heated water heater (with backup propane tankless water heater) and electric/propane range (kitchen). Upper floor one bedroom with bath all wood furniture, and one very large storage shed (700 sq. feet) in yard for less used equipment.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Something like this, but bigger and less trees near the house

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Something like this, but bigger and less trees near the house

I have a dream to build a stone cottage someday. With bottle wall accents.

Cupolas are cool.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Like this (except with more stone/rock as well):

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Overal layout: Something like this, but bigger and in the middle of the city, and curtains on the bottom floor and middle-top floor.

Bottom floor: super secret lair, steampunk themed mad scientist laboratory and library, spectular secret projects everywhere enclosed within sound and explosion proof walls Top secret so far, so no pictures...

Middle-bottom floor: living floor (contains living room, dining, and kitchen), very modern and very colorful (sort of borrowing the Frida Kahlo house color scheme), padded flooring that cleans itself and no sharp corners, randomly weird paintings around

This layout is nice as a base to work from

Middle-top floor: bedrooms, one that is completely mine and secret and the others for guests and can convert into other temporary use rooms. Themes will vary.

Top floor: super high-tech awesome game room cafe and entertainment venue

This could be a good base to it... but with more gaming stuff, both classic and cutting edge. Behind those walls is a theater room for both watching things on a huge screen and (when the screen flips up) an actual stage for performance practices.

Yes, this is just my realistic dream house