User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I want a small place, with a little backyard. I wouldn't mind living in a low-rise apartment or a townhome, as long as it's in a quiet neighborhood (down a little quiet lane would be ideal).

I want windows, and I want one super comfortable and slightly bulky earth-tone sofa bed by a huge window in one of the rooms. The rest of the room should be white. I would like light wood floors and wooden cabinets. Each room can have a different color and theme -- but I'm not that picky, as long as it's not black. Hopefully I won't buy a lot of stuff, and hopefully people won't give me stuff, so the setup will be a bit minimalistic. I want every piece of furniture, cutlery, pot, pan, bowl, cup, mug to have an identity. And I want weird useless contraptions in some of the rooms, like light switches that do nothing, cabinets that need ladders, etc.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    XXFP

basically a large heated garage/warehouse. concrete floors, unfinished, except for a small open interior second story overlook for the bedroom, closed in loungey room for computer/security system, and a kitchen. connected to main space with wide stairway. maybe some wood beams and fabric in the the upstairs to make it homey, with rugs and stuff. have nice furniture. modern, simple, functional, antiques are nice, too.

good lighting. knock out windows in the brick if needed. use good hardware to make windows easy to open. bonus: skylights.

bonus 2: ladder to roof, build simple deck on rooftop. bbq, chairs, etc. throw a solar water heater up there too.

the main warehouse space can be cleaned with mop/leaf blower as need. racks for tools, workspace, bikes, etc. big roll up door. cameras around connected to security room. some old torn up sofas around for napping and for the dog(?).

exterior space includes utility buildings and maybe 3 acres of land. more is nice, but I can deal with less. ideally i can walk around naked and shoot things without neighbors.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTP

- Small yard, not a lot to mow or worry about, in a small clearing in the woods
    - Greenhouse
    - Large garage for storage and a workshop
    - Modest house with entrance facing greenhouse, lots of windows

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    - Small yard, not a lot to mow or worry about, in a small clearing in the woods
    - Greenhouse
    - Large garage for storage and a workshop
    - Modest house with entrance facing greenhouse, lots of windows
    Is that a covered terrace?
    What's the brown rectangle with the rows in front of the house? Garden?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I can't really decide on a location. An apartment in the city sounds great, but so does a beach house, or a little cottage tucked into wine country.... I like when exteriors look old & mysterious, but not fake-old or cheesy mysterious. Definitely a romantic feel outside, with lots of plants obscuring it from view if it's a house. I like a lot of texture in the exterior. I'm open to so many styles - Spanish, Japanese, English, French. I have yet to see an exterior that I really love enough to designate it my dream style. I know I wouldn't want it to be HUGE though, and I like archways a lot.

This is pretty cool though:

I'm more focused on the inside. My dream house would have a library, with a high ceiling, so that maybe it is nearly 2 stories & needs a ladder to reach the top shelves. I love the idea of a solarium with plants, butterflies, and maybe peacocks walking around . I'd also have an art studio. My closet would basically be a room. Toss in a secret passage way for fun, and maybe some ceiling high pathways for cats to walk on. (My god, is this turning into Neverland Ranch? :horor: )

Outside I'd like a pool, some kind of natural architecture (ie. a tree tunnel), a flower & herb garden, pathways and little hidden spots to sit & read. If it's an apartment, then a balcony or rooftop with lots of plants & a great view (maybe a hot tub).

Decor-wise, lots of color, texture & pattern. I like art nouveau motifs a lot & a general bohemian look. I also like a combo of Asian + European styles. I like a mix of antique-y stuff & modern, sleek designs. I like curved lines best when it comes to furniture, but a few geometric shapes to offset it. I don't like clutter or a crowded feel, so most everything would be functional or a large statement piece. For sure, there'd be some artwork. I like natural textures, especially wood & stone. I would like one floor to be a mosaic, probably the entry way or kitchen. I like natural light, so no heavy drapes. I like things to be fun & playful, but not garish. It would be elegant, but not stuffy.

I've posted this in other threads, but I love this interior (except I'd do color on the walls):

http://www.home-designing.com/2009/1...ouse-in-london

I love this one too:

http://www.home-designing.com/2009/1...-country-house
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INtP

I don't really need anything too big -- my house now is small, and still more than I need. I do prefer very large rooms with high ceilings (I'd probably live in a single barrel vault if such were available -- physical compartmentalization isn't very high on my list of priorities). For surfaces, I prefer stone/tile, with hardwood floors as a second (more conventional) option -- *no carpet*. I'd rather wear thick socks that I can wash than try to keep carpet clean -- I'm no neat-freak, but I prefer to see dirt and have it easy to evaluate and sweep up, rather than have it lurking and rotting in a carpet.

As far as windows go, I like those photos folks have shown above with the full-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows. *Lots* of natural light... but saying that, I'd pretty much have to have a way to completely eliminate it when I want it dark inside (I'm very sensitive to light when it comes to not being able to sleep), so they'd have to be configured with some sort of opaque curtain system (blinds are laughable at getting rid of light).

Environments... top-floor urban penthouse, bluff overlooking the ocean, or mountain vista (ski-in-and-out would be a plus, now that I think of it). I don't so much care about whether I have neighbors or not (I probably wouldn't talk to them anyway ), but I do care that nobody would be able to see into my house. So keep them far away, or geographically isolated from my big windows.

Oh, most importantly... no yard or external landscaping outside of 100% natural vegetation. Yardwork sucks! Aesthetics? Not a concern, outside of resale value, but let's face it... the market for a house like I've described probably isn't going to be too good anyway .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Gorgeous. Needs a little tidying, but perfect

ThatGirl

I like this too.

Of course redone and slightly updated.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Mine would be a castle, or at the very least designed like a castle, although this would generally only apply to the exterior of the house. The location of the house would be centered somewhere in the alps, near breathtaking forests, mountains, and farms. Size wise, it would be at least as large as a typical mansion if not bigger.

Interior wise, I would have different sections of the house built in different styles; perhaps a few room designed like big houses from the early 19the entury, some rooms built with a greek/roman aesthetic, a renaissance design, ect. I would also have many plants grow within certain rooms, along with possible exotic wildlife to give it a raw and natural touch.

Also, mazes and gardens would be placed within it, because no castle is complete without such awesome accessories. There would also be rooms solely dedicated to eating fests and sex orgies. And of course a private movie theatre and gladiator areana included. Oh, and lots of balconies, cause I love leaning on a support rail and looking down on others.

Also, for social purposes, I would allow poor or homeless people to live in my home and enjoy all its pleasures, so long as they don't mind being my servants. I would also host gladiator fights (all participants would be willing of course) to gains lots of money and income, ensuring that I never have to actually do menial work to keep my home. Also, I'd have my own personal harem of servants who do my bidding, and sleep with me.

And a stature of me on top of the castle. You shouldn't have to ask why.