Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Default Christmas Crafts & Fundraising Ideas

The club I run at my college is a bit.. drained for ideas and input, so I am in dire need of some help.

I need neat, but relatively simple craft ideas for kids in relation to Christmas.
    The best I've found so far is paper bag reindeer . Most other things are too involved, too complicated, or quite corny.
    Hoping for something between all of the Mommas and eccentric folk that I know are here

Otherwise, we are going to have a fundraiser for some art/writing related charity. Most fundraisers at my college are bake sales. Some have started to involve Zumba. I was thinking of including Tarot Reading in my fundraising event, but really want some ideas about what people have seen for fundraising or what any of you think might be cool.
    -

If you can't think of anything, then feel free to bring me the lulz.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    yupp

what about felt elves, you can have them make the faces and choose the outfits and stuff them, or that might be too involved

http://weefolkart.com/content/felt-gnome-tutorial adapt it to elves?

bad idea?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    what about felt elves, you can have them make the faces and choose the outfits and stuff them, or that might be too involved

http://weefolkart.com/content/felt-gnome-tutorial adapt it to elves?

bad idea?
    Those are super cute o:
    Could totally work if I pre-made things for them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    yupp

I use to make gnomes out of felt growing up i wish i could find a pattern my mom would give us the polyfil we'd pick the felt she'd sew most of it and we'd stuff them (this was one we were like 5 and 6) though for a large group of kids that might be more work than it's worth i kinda like the wooden peg ones.

Than we'd go get moss from the back yard, and rocks, snail shells, cool looking twigs ect make a gnome garden. I still have mine and would add to it perodically
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    The club I run at my college is a bit.. drained for ideas and input, so I am in dire need of some help.

I need neat, but relatively simple craft ideas for kids in relation to Christmas.
    The best I've found so far is paper bag reindeer . Most other things are too involved, too complicated, or quite corny.
    Hoping for something between all of the Mommas and eccentric folk that I know are here

Otherwise, we are going to have a fundraiser for some art/writing related charity. Most fundraisers at my college are bake sales. Some have started to involve Zumba. I was thinking of including Tarot Reading in my fundraising event, but really want some ideas about what people have seen for fundraising or what any of you think might be cool.
    -

If you can't think of anything, then feel free to bring me the lulz.

http://pinterest.com/search/?q=christmas+crafts
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

How old are the kids?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I use to make gnomes out of felt growing up i wish i could find a pattern my mom would give us the polyfil we'd pick the felt she'd sew most of it and we'd stuff them (this was one we were like 5 and 6) though for a large group of kids that might be more work than it's worth i kinda like the wooden peg ones.

Than we'd go get moss from the back yard, and rocks, snail shells, cool looking twigs ect make a gnome garden. I still have mine and would add to it perodically
    Still very cute ideas . lol I keep some of them in mind because I really do love crafty things, but there are so many I just wouldn't do with a group of kids. Stow away in my own cave and do them myself .
    Definitely making some adapted elves, even if it's just for my own holiday spirit.
    Thanks! Reminded me of makeshift snowglobes, which might be a cool plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    How old are the kids?
    This is an awesome question. I'm quessing all age ranges, and I just asked the people hosting it for an approx on how many usually attend each year. They switched their event from a "Harvest Fest" to "Breakfast with Santa" so it may be more than previous years.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

figsfiggyfigs

These things?

Reindeer heads

Pinecone Trees

Coffee Filter Angel

From The link CeeCee posted:
    ^These are quite simple

Well, a good one is always graham cracker gingerbread houses. You buy paper plates, candy like gum drops M&Ms or red-hots, maybe those frosting gel tubes, and graham crackers and make up the white frosting ahead of time. Just make sure you make the right type, so that it will harden kind of like glue rather than stay moist.

Otherwise I'd say some type of Christmas tree ornament where there's lots of stuff they can glue onto it. You want something that is labor-intensive for the child, with room for some creativity to account for an age range, and not a lot of work for you ahead of time or supervision during the activity. If there are a lot of kids, you're not gonna have a lot of time to devote to each kid, so you want the activity to be self-directed for the most part. I like those tongue depressor ones that @YWIR posted.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Are you looking for things kids can make and you then can sell?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...