User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Well, a good one is always graham cracker gingerbread houses. You buy paper plates, candy like gum drops M&Ms or red-hots, maybe those frosting gel tubes, and graham crackers and make up the white frosting ahead of time. Just make sure you make the right type, so that it will harden kind of like glue rather than stay moist.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You stole my idea!

    Mixing arts and crafts with sweets is really awesome

  2. #12
    Senior Member Tiger Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    The club I run at my college is a bit.. drained for ideas and input, so I am in dire need of some help.

    I need neat, but relatively simple craft ideas for kids in relation to Christmas.
    The best I've found so far is paper bag reindeer . Most other things are too involved, too complicated, or quite corny.
    Hoping for something between all of the Mommas and eccentric folk that I know are here

    Otherwise, we are going to have a fundraiser for some art/writing related charity. Most fundraisers at my college are bake sales. Some have started to involve Zumba. I was thinking of including Tarot Reading in my fundraising event, but really want some ideas about what people have seen for fundraising or what any of you think might be cool.
    -

    If you can't think of anything, then feel free to bring me the lulz.
    Avoid this at all costs. You will be opening an ethical can of worms and while you may get away with it to a greater degree on a liberal college campus than if you were handing out tracts and leading the wee ones to Christ, it is still a very bad idea. Anyway, reading tarot for children at Christmas... does not compute.

    edit: Not sure if I misread the portion about the fundraiser. Either way, my opinion stands though it may or may not be a moot point.

    What club do you run and is there a proposed theme to your yuletide gaiety? What is the proposed budget and how many children/participants are you hoping to have crafts for? What is the age range of the children? Will there be parents there to help with the crafts? If not let me take a moment to once again strongly encourage - no occult anything with children, especially without full disclosure and written parental consent or you may be looking at a lawsuit.
    You could call the local reserve station or recruiting office and see about sending a bunch of hand crafted (with lots of construction paper, and bulk craft stuff on the cheap) by children Christmas cards to Service Members who will be deployed overseas for the holidays. Many of them may even get a thank you letter in response.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

  3. #13
    Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    Thankya folks. Digging the ideas- need to contemplate, especially because I'm not fond of working with a lot of kids.. at all.. don't know how many volunteers from my club I will have, and because I want something that is not too messy of a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Are you looking for things kids can make and you then can sell?
    Nah not at all. I've never done the event before, and my advisor is the pits so I get no real info from her, but it's just to promote our club and actively participate in the event with other clubs. Anything they make, they can take.
    Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Avoid this at all costs. You will be opening an ethical can of worms and while you may get away with it to a greater degree on a liberal college campus than if you were handing out tracts and leading the wee ones to Christ, it is still a very bad idea. Anyway, reading tarot for children at Christmas... does not compute.

    edit: Not sure if I misread the portion about the fundraiser. Either way, my opinion stands though it may or may not be a moot point.

    What club do you run and is there a proposed theme to your yuletide gaiety? What is the proposed budget and how many children/participants are you hoping to have crafts for? What is the age range of the children? Will there be parents there to help with the crafts? If not let me take a moment to once again strongly encourage - no occult anything with children, especially without full disclosure and written parental consent or you may be looking at a lawsuit.
    You could call the local reserve station or recruiting office and see about sending a bunch of hand crafted (with lots of construction paper, and bulk craft stuff on the cheap) by children Christmas cards to Service Members who will be deployed overseas for the holidays. Many of them may even get a thank you letter in response.
    They are two very separate things, though it may not have read that way. The club is my college's literary and art magazine. I'm trying to involve us in more things, so the events are different. The breakfast with santa is run by other clubs, though all the clubs are invited to participate. The fundraiser is something I'll be heading at a later point in the year for a local artist fund.

    The theme is just Christmas-related. There is about 150-200$ to utilize, though I'm going to try to be as inexpensive as possible. I really have no other ideas about the event, as my college is a bit fail at elaborating on details, though there should be parents afoot.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man


    .:: DWTWD ::.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

    There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

  4. #14
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Nah not at all. I've never done the event before, and my advisor is the pits so I get no real info from her, but it's just to promote our club and actively participate in the event with other clubs. Anything they make, they can take.
    Ah. Then I would suggest Origami. There are instructions online for all sorts of shapes that would be appropriate for Yule holiday, at various levels of difficulty. The paper is relatively inexpensive, or you can make your own by squaring off ordinary paper, or even giftwrap (preferably two-sided). Origami shapes can be used as tree decorations, gift tags, table placecards, or just displaying.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  5. #15
    Member Spaceskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Cut out circles and use a hole punch, tie a string and have the kids color them and tell them to put it on their Christmas tree at home

  6. #16
    Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Ah. Then I would suggest Origami. There are instructions online for all sorts of shapes that would be appropriate for Yule holiday, at various levels of difficulty. The paper is relatively inexpensive, or you can make your own by squaring off ordinary paper, or even giftwrap (preferably two-sided). Origami shapes can be used as tree decorations, gift tags, table placecards, or just displaying.
    Hmm. Sounds like a good plan. Inexpensive is where it is at for this event. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceskye View Post
    Cut out circles and use a hole punch, tie a string and have the kids color them and tell them to put it on their Christmas tree at home
    lol This is so simple, but so good.
    It's funny because my adult brain is like 'ahhhhhhh elaborate works of mastery' and it forgets that a lot of kids are just happy coloring something.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man


    .:: DWTWD ::.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

    There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Similar Threads

  1. Christmas decor / crafts ideas
    By Codex in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2014, 05:13 AM
  2. Christmas Gift Ideas
    By RaptorWizard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 12:34 PM
  3. [NT] How you got your ideas
    By Maverick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM
  4. Christmas gift ideas!
    By Giggly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
  5. I don't know it it's a good idea but...
    By sdalek in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO