User Tag List

First 12345 Last

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Do what I'm doing at the end of June/beginning of July - go to the Northwest Angle to see the northernmost point in the lower 48.

You could probably land a cabin or other accommodations for super cheap this time of year, even with short notice.
    You know what? I was just thinking about the Northwest Angle a few months ago. I've never been up there. I'll have to check out the website.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

No, you're absolutely right. A week isn't nearly long enough. 6 months to a year would be nice (seriously). But I've got about 2.5 weeks of vacation time, and I don't want to use it all up. So I've got to cram as much recuperation into this week as possible. Which is kind of like trying really hard to fall asleep fast.
    Which is pretty much impossible sometimes. JEEZ. I feel for you. I feel for us all. DAMN corporate America and workaholism everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Hmmm... Not bad. Not bad. And Minnesota beaches in April don't tend to be too crowded.
    Hahahaha!

You crack me up. HAHAHA.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Shrooms
    Smoke a grip of weed and write a book
    Go to Starbucks and outline a book of all your ideas, views on life and relationships, philosophies, and cool things people should know about
    Go on a meditation retreat
    Go to the desert and do all of the above (there prolly won't be a Starbucks there, but ya never know)
    Make absolutely no plan, take your car, and just start driving. Figure something out. <~~~ my fav

Martoon, what's something you've always wanted to do? A lot of vacations actually end up stressing me out because there's so much shit to do and I never really connect with myself, or I just sit at home and watch TV for a week. I think you should do something kinda ballsy. I like the last idea the most.

Edit: Best way to solve this, I think, is to play some music that puts you in the right mood. Here's what I'm thinking... (Actually, I was just listening to it randomly, but it kinda fits the mood, methinks.)

MBTI
    type

Well, the best part of the US which i liked was the Nevada mountains. They have comfortable wood cabins there, with all the technology you'd need (civilisation for a technogeek! ). So you can hole up and tippity-tap away on your keyboard if you wish, or go for fine-dine.

Or if you wish, hike around. Nature all around in her glorious best.

I loved the Nevada mountains. It was spring when we went there, i remember. There was still snow on the mountain caps in the distance. The tall pines, the ravens at the top. On a clear night when the moon is bright and high above the pines, and the sky is that ethereal shade of blue, and all the stars come out to play, and the scent of pines, all over.

There are Native reservations there (i have things to say about that, but let's not spoil the picture); you can get some pretty souvenirs. Rings beaten of silver and turquoise--which is for protection--or dreamcatchers, which are for good dreams.

THere are rivers, too. Freshwater lakes. You could go fishing, or just sit and dream by the water.

You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Hahahaha!

You crack me up. HAHAHA.
    I was actually half serious about the beach. It's getting warm enough to be outside now, but not warm enough to swim/sunbathe/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Shrooms
    Smoke a grip of weed and write a book
    Go to Starbucks and outline a book of all your ideas, views on life and relationships, philosophies, and cool things people should know about
    Go on a meditation retreat
    Go to the desert and do all of the above (there prolly won't be a Starbucks there, but ya never know)
    Make absolutely no plan, take your car, and just start driving. Figure something out. <~~~ my fav

Martoon, what's something you've always wanted to do? A lot of vacations actually end up stressing me out because there's so much shit to do and I never really connect with myself, or I just sit at home and watch TV for a week. I think you should do something kinda ballsy. I like the last idea the most.

Edit: Best way to solve this, I think, is to play some music that puts you in the right mood. Here's what I'm thinking... (Actually, I was just listening to it randomly, but it kinda fits the mood, methinks.)
    I like the idea of getting in the car and driving without a plan (I can hear the collective gasp of all the J's about now). My only two concerns with that: (1) I'd probably just end up spending a lot on motels, and (2) I'm not too crazy about long drives. But if I thought of it more as driving to places, and stopping wherever I felt like it, it'd be a bit more of an adventure.

Nice tune, btw. And I love the video. I've always liked creative transition effects, and that's just a continuous stream of them. (Hey, it's my thread; I can derail it if I damn well feel like it.)

Elfie, the Nevada forest sounds really nice. A cabin with a laptop and wireless would be a great setup. Unfortunately, that's a bit far from here. I'd spend most of the week driving there and back. But maybe Edahn's plan will take me there.

P.S. I wouldn't have given you the puppy if I knew you were going to keep it in a bag.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Talking

Methinks you sound like you need to recharge and feed Ne and shut up Ti for a bit? And maybe grow some Fe?

You could spend a day writing postcards to all the nice members of MBTIc ala prplchknz. That'd earn you a powerup on the cool level. In my books at least.

A day on a beach is good. It feeds the Ne in a way nothing else does. I like to lie on the sand and read, sleep. There is an old Druid spell. It speaks of how one takes something of the sea (recommend a small shell and not a baby seal) and holds it in their right hand, and stand where the waves can lap your feet (without knocking you over). As the waves reach you, visualise your life as the way you want it. When the ninth wave hits you, release the object into the waves.

I tried that, and I realised I had no clear vision how I wanted my life to be. (I don't recommend squawking at the waves to slow down aloud btw)

You could also volunteer at a pet shelter, or for abandoned children. Something that opens the eyes again, though you may not be mentally in the frame for that, right?

Sky dive, visit an amusement park and ride on every roller coaster around you, bungee jump. Do something that makes you scream and wakes the senses, makes people think you're mad, crazed or insane.

Perhaps your ennui is anger and frustration banked, and turned inwards, and you need to find your voice again.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    I like the idea of getting in the car and driving without a plan (I can hear the collective gasp of all the J's about now). My only two concerns with that: (1) I'd probably just end up spending a lot on motels, and
    Ask people what some good spots to visit are and go from one place to the next on an adventure. Ask people where places to eat are, and what's going on in town, etc. Just find mini-adventures everywhere you go. Take a journal, FOR SURE.

(2) I'm not too crazy about long drives. But if I thought of it more as driving to places, and stopping wherever I felt like it, it'd be a bit more of an adventure.
    Yeah, and, I would really suggest buying some CDs (tapes?) of some new music and loading up on snacks for the road. I used to drive from Sacramento to LA (about 6 hours) and have the best time, just loading up on soda and beef jerky (before my vegetarian days) and powerbars. I'd listen to whatever awesome driving music I had on my iPod and just cruise and practice my voice impersonation, enjoy the scenery, talk to myself, sing at the top of my lungs, whatever. It was fucking awesome and I miss it.

Nice tune, btw. And I love the video. I've always liked creative transition effects, and that's just a continuous stream of them. (Hey, it's my thread; I can derail it if I damn well feel like it.)
    Moved half a post here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Methinks you sound like you need to recharge and feed Ne and shut up Ti for a bit? And maybe grow some Fe?
    Methinks you need to allow yourself to forget such things as Ne and Ti and Fe exist, to what extent they do exist, for a week.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Methinks you need to allow yourself to forget such things as Ne and Ti and Fe exist, to what extent they do exist, for a week.

And I'd say, don't use the PC for a week too.

I was going to be all serious and recommend a long drive until you said you don't like long drives. But honestly, I've done two cross-country drives and both times I've really had a mental cleansing and refocusing happen. A week isn't long enough to drive cross country and come back, but you could still see some cool things by driving around for six days. And I learned to love Motel 6...any other hotel seems like burning money now.

And since after my first post I feel obligated to make fun of you...I suggest you go to comedy camp.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari