User Tag List

View Poll Results: have you been diagnosed with a mental illness?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 31.91%
  • no

19 40.43%
  • only depression

4 8.51%
  • other's suspect I have one, but never been diagnosed by a professional

9 19.15%
First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I was told I have anxiety (feeling unstable) in late '06; like some times I become afraid for no apparent reason. It's just a little bit of anxiety, though. Generally, keeping physically active helps treat it, which has become the norm for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Never went to a professional for a diagnose, but I know of at least three people who seem to think I have / had a mental illness (or at least depression). The one was a former teacher which apparently told something like that behind my back, although I don't know what kind of illness she had in mind (not depression though), the other is from a family member (who actually is a psychologist, but I am not consulting her as a psychologist ) who mentioned to me her suspicion one time that I would suffer from depression (I obviously talked it down). My mother also asked me sometimes if I have depression (not very useful move because I wouldn't want to talk about it), but she didn't really dig deeper about it.

Don't know what to make of it, the first example I never took serious though (difficult anyway because I don't know details) because I think she actually is seeing things everywhere. I guess if I would go to a professional I would probably get some diagnose, whatever it would be, but feeling reluctant to actually visit one.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Never went to a professional for a diagnose, but I know of at least three people who seem to think I have / had a mental illness (or at least depression). The one was a former teacher which apparently told something like that behind my back, although I don't know what kind of illness she had in mind (not depression though), the other is from a family member (who actually is a psychologist, but I am not consulting her as a psychologist ) who mentioned to me her suspicion one time that I would suffer from depression (I obviously talked it down). My mother also asked me sometimes if I have depression (not very useful move because I wouldn't want to talk about it), but she didn't really dig deeper about it.

Don't know what to make of it, the first example I never took serious though (difficult anyway because I don't know details) because I think she actually is seeing things everywhere. I guess if I would go to a professional I would probably get some diagnose, whatever it would be, but feeling reluctant to actually visit one.
    it might not hurt.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

I have severe OCD and (much less severe) ADD.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've only been diagnosed with add, but i've considered a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    A lot of people think I have genuine ADD (the calm/ spacey kind) but I really doubt it- think it's just a personality quirk. If it doesn't affect your functioning, it's a personality quirk, not a pathology.
    same here.. i definately have ADD to the max I mean, I managed to learn to read when I was 12/13 because I couldnt concentrate before (i was more adhd then), but i think it's just personality. it affects my functioning a bit but it's not like i dont do something else while i am not doing what 'i am suppose to be doing', daydreaming is functioning.

MBTI
    yupp

is it bad that I sometimes find the voices and hallucinations fun?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was officially diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety and General/Non-Specific Depression, partly tied into GID... but I seem to be "cured" of all that now.

Operating just fine without medication, for three years now.
    Not in therapy for about two years now.
    Doing fine.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was officially diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety and General/Non-Specific Depression, partly tied into GID... but I seem to be "cured" of all that now.

Operating just fine without medication, for three years now.
    Not in therapy for about two years now.
    Doing fine.
    Just curious, what trick do you think worked? I've heard some people claim exercise others claim a radical change in their thought process, others both. what worked for you? if you don't mind me asking.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Anxiety Disorder. Majorly sucked for a big part of my life (about ages 8-20) but now it's mainly under control through medication and only occasionally sucks.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/