User Tag List

View Poll Results: have you been diagnosed with a mental illness?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 31.91%
  • no

19 40.43%
  • only depression

4 8.51%
  • other's suspect I have one, but never been diagnosed by a professional

9 19.15%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'm just getting myself confused now

I guess I just think of 'illness' as something that actually makes me feel very off or ill, not things such as Aspergers and ADHD which impact functioning but don't make me feel ill.
    yeah I think we should go have a lie down
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes but now I woke up and I'm still confused :/

MBTI
    IsFJ

I seem to have a few OCD traits.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

other's* suspect I have one, but never been diagnosed by a professional

*my SJ mom and sister think I am mentally ill, but others convince me I am not. I thought i have a BPD but was mocked by a professional when I said that, she said there is no way, and kid with me that "what else have i done in the last days except that i suddenly recovered from borderline"... i just think it's not clear cut.... to attach diagnosis to most people. when i test for those things i dont get any PD. I have panic attacks and like... only until recently, i was before much better controled (bc i am enneagram 3!) and could control my fears, ignore them and feelings, but -weird thing - the more normal i am - the more anxiety i feel, because all the repressed frustrations are surfacing.

I dont believe in diagnosis, most people who were diagnosed remained sick for longer than if you have approach "I am wounded and i need to heal"; or any similar approach. I hear people saying they have manic-depression but not even scientist know for sure what that is, how could someone who isn't educated in the field. They are playing with our brains. Assuming that chemical disbalance in the brain is the cause of disorder/illness, instead of opposite - due to stress, trauma, etc., the brain chemistry changed. So they are treating the symptoms instead of the cause.

If you say I have a mental disorder, you're sticking to it longer in your mind (and thus in your life) than if you just say "i am having difficulties which can be resolved"

i believe every mental issue can be fixed except schizophrenia (about which i dont know enough)

My friend's mom had first epileptic attack (they didnt know it's epilepsy then) and because he is so attached to her and adores her, he just experienced so much shock and become suddenly suicidal, and volunteered to go to a hospital (which is a rare thing here), and stayed there for 1 month. They diagnosed him with OCD, and F60.3 or "borderline". Since he is virtually one of the BEST people I know, kind, the most sincere person i know, makes genuine friendships that last long, has NO problems in relationships (i'd say he is very emotionally intelligent and veeeerry good with people) how possibly could he have Borderline which MAIN characteristic is "instability in personal relationships" etc... he is not conflicting personality.. etc.

so they are attaching those diagnosis to literally everyone!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I've taken the MMPI, and I'm clever enough to basically give myself whatever disorder I want.

However, if I try to answer it honestly, I typically get "Personality Disorder (NOS)", which means "Not otherwise specified", so I got some textbooks on personality disorders. I have some characteristics of (maybe) OCPD and APD. I think schzoidal and avoidant are basically similar, except that avoidant pd want to be with others and schzoids don't care.

In some ways I think I have OCD, but just not a bad case of it. I hoard for example, and one may say that is a form of OCD. I also have some kinds of problems with thoughts. They never told me I had it, so maybe I don't.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I was never diagnosed, but if anything I probably have SPD (Schizoid personality disorder).

Schizoid personality disorder(SPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness and sometimes (sexual) apathy, with a simultaneous rich, elaborate and exclusively internal fantasy world.
    I do fit that description to some degree, but I'm pretty sure I don't have SPD at this moment.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    yupp

lot less than i predicted or those people aren't voting
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I have PTSD.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah, buncha easy to manage run of the mill disorders.

Diagnosed
    general anxiety disorder/ panic disorder/ seasonal affective disorder.

A lot of people think I have genuine ADD (the calm/ spacey kind) but I really doubt it- think it's just a personality quirk. If it doesn't affect your functioning, it's a personality quirk, not a pathology.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Other than the occasional bout of soul-crushing depression/despair, I cope.