User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    There's a difference between not being nice/PC and being completely unprofessional. It's cops like this that make people hate cops, which undermines the ability of the whole organization.
    EXACTLY. This cop could have sternly warned the guy without being an asshole that embodies every tired stereotype about both cops and Americans. Authority that's exercised in a childish and bullying manner just erodes trust in authority. It's telling that no one doubts the driver is guilty of the offense and yet nearly everyone in the thread is on his side.

For the benefit of the non-Americans in the thread, no, this is not typical.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    In my experience... No. Every cop I have encountered is a very decent person. Some of them are pretty relaxed and nice. Some are just VERY serious business, but never rude.

Ive never encountered one like this.
    Aha. Well, that's a relief.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm with the INTJs, nuff said.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

They were both out of line, but points to the driver through for filming why American cops can be jerks.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    If I didn't know any better I would say you are proud of your German buddies going full throttle.
    Haha, no I am not. It would have been the right thing to give him a ticket. I dont think he was lieing regarding the speed limit, he was just unsure and intimidated judging from his voice the first time when the cop asked him. But he was definitly lieing about not being the leader of the pack. In Germany speeding is treated exactly as in the States, tho many people still see it as only a trivial offence. I am just surprised to see there is another country on the world to have such strict laws and because the States have like 80 inhabitants per square inch, while Germany has like 593 people per quare inch and the Autobahn I find the strict speeding laws surprising, but dont disrespect them.

I think the cop did the right thing, it was prolly not possible for him to write a ticket or would have meant a lot of bureaucratic work; otherwise that guy of course deserved a ticket.

Next time he just have to be more clever with the police :

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRyrySoJpR8"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

*converts speed into km/hr*

The cop was a bit of a jerk, but in NZ you'd get arrested for going that fast - I don't blame him for being stern.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

180 mph in the second video.

But if you want to know whats really fast, consult youtube for "Hayabusa GSX"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

If there was no speed limit, the police offer would not have to sit there taking radar being paid from public money. Win win.

Yes, the police officer was way out of line. If you threaten a cop, you go to jail. If you threaten another person, you are just the "bad cop".

Can we all just play nice?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

"German Boy"

WTF?

The cop should be business-like and polite. He could be stern too, and terse, and curt, but there is no reason to try to dominate the guy by talking harshly.

Myself: I always polite and honest. I used to get tickets, but recent years, I got two warnings. I find stopping very fast, and being polite as having worked best for me.

I've been in Florida for almost six years now, and have had no moving violations on my record. (I went to traffic school for one speeding ticket, so it didn't go on my record.)

I think the behavior of this officer is uncommon.

ReflecTcelfeR

An officer that goes from a reprimand of speeding to prison rape is....... Someone who needs to calm down a bit.

I thought the funniest part was just "Why you drivin' in 'merica?! Why you drivin' in my country!?"......