User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 45

  1. #21
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    The cop should have done his job: Written the ticket and otherwise shut up. The police exists to enforce the law, not parent. Although the fact that he's dealing with a foreigner makes me wonder if the cop knows a ticket won't work. It could be that the ticket wouldn't be valid in Germany, so the cop is resorting to intimidation. I know that European countries have to engage in some diplomatic traffic legislative co-op yadda-yadda before tickets from one country are valid in another.

  2. #22
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I agree that they do, but in simple cases like getting pulled over for speeding it is possible to remain polite with the officer and still not admit guilt. There's no reason to incriminate yourself. They're aware of the game.



    You're hearing what you want to hear. There's a difference between not being nice/PC and being completely unprofessional. It's cops like this that make people hate cops, which undermines the ability of the whole organization. It's not my opinion that's ridiculous, it's your lack of understanding of criminal justice and policing and the importance of building rapport with civilians.
    Yeah, I am sticking with the spoiled comment.

  3. #23
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I agree that they do, but in simple cases like getting pulled over for speeding it is possible to remain polite with the officer and still not admit guilt. There's no reason to incriminate yourself. They're aware of the game.

    Remaining polite is one thing, not admitting guilt is another, but the guy in the vid didn't just lie by omission. He straight up lied about the obvious. That's disrespectful, and comes across as though you assume the cop is deaf, dumb, and blind; or if not, comes across as reckless, perhaps even mocking. The cop is free to give the man a ticket regardless of what happens.

  4. #24
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    So are you all saying that you've never lied or attempted to talk yourself out of a ticket?


    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Not writing a ticket shouldn't allow you say whatever you want.
    This.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    you've never lied or attempted to talk yourself out of a ticket?
    That's right.

  6. #26
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's right.
    Well, that's one. But I find it very hard to believe that no one else has.

  7. #27
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    So are you all saying that you've never lied or attempted to talk yourself out of a ticket?
    I've never lied to get myself out of a ticket, but I've never had to. My driver's record is spotless. I also wouldn't waste an officer's time with personal details or excuses. What is this, Jr. High?

  8. #28
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I've argued that a ticket was bullshit because I was pissed, but I haven't lied or tried to talk my way out of a ticket by denying the offense.

  9. #29
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Someone here thinks they have a silver tongue with policemen. I wonder if the story would change if they were dealing with policewomen.

  10. #30
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I've never lied to get myself out of a ticket, but I've never had to. My driver's record is spotless. I also wouldn't waste an officer's time with personal details or excuses. What is this, Jr. High?
    Adults lie all the time, that doesn't make them "jr high", just makes them deceitful.
    You might view it as a waste of time, other's might view it as an opportunity to save themselves from having to pay a bill they can't afford. I'm not justifying lying by any means, just pointing out that if one believes the driver deserved it because "he lied", but they do/or would do the same, then they're self-righteous hypocrites.

    I still think the cop was way out of line.

Similar Threads

  1. Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
  2. I suppose this is the procedure.
    By ZPowers in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
  3. This is the Bitter Roots!
    By Stanton Moore in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 11:59 PM
  4. This is the last time...
    By Glycerine in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
  5. This is the relationship forum, right?
    By Eiddy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO