User Tag List

First 4567 Last

I wanted to be a waitress (that's what they were called when I was young).

your resident asshole

I wanted to be a teacher because you don't have to work in the summer. (Though now I know that while you don't technically have to, you'd need to to have enough money to live.) I can actually still see myself teaching some day, but at a community college or university level instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I wanted to be a waitress (that's what they were called when I was young).
    What do you call them now? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    I wanted to be a teacher because you don't have to work in the summer. (Though now I know that while you don't technically have to, you'd need to to have enough money to live.) I can actually still see myself teaching some day, but at a community college or university level instead.

What do you call them now? o.O

Isn't *waitress* considered insulting now? I think everyone...male or female...is called server. I actually like waitress better.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Isn't *waitress* considered insulting now? I think everyone...male or female...is called server. I actually like waitress better.
    No? Unless I have been accidentally insulting people now? I was under the impression that they were synonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    No? Unless I have been accidentally insulting people now? I was under the impression that they were synonymous.
    I honestly hope I'm wrong.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Among other things, a full-fledged superhero. Failing that (as easy as that is to fail), a vigilante. That didn't pan out, but I am outrageously protective of family and almost any underdog.

Counting it.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

When I was a kid, every time I did something new I decided I wanted to be that thing for like a day or two. At age eight, I swept the floor, and then I decided I wanted to be a janitor. When I was ten, I went ice skating, and I wanted to be a figure skater. Jumped off the diving board a couple times and wanted to be an Olympic diver.

But really, all my life I've wanted to be either a teacher or an author. Writing is a great side job (doesn't pay the bills in and of itself unless you make it big, which is hard), so I'm pursuing elementary education!
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

I wanted to be a detective at some point. I feel like a couple of my favourite cartoons had a detective in them and that was why, I remember loving Droopy a lot.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I think a combo of just my personality and my upbringing...I didn't dream. Or don't remember doing so. I was always super grounded and would quash pretty much anything that came into my head.

The fact I'm actually pursuing art on the side, now, is a minor miracle given this. ha!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

Ballerina. I was talented in visual art, but really wanted to dance. I took ballet for 5 years, then my parents could no longer afford it, so that was that. Still, for many years after, I wanted that - I wanted to be a ballerina. Then age took over and that dream went by the wayside. I did work in the visual arts for a while. Then I got sick and started wasting away. When I got better I was getting old. Now, I'm quite old and corpulent - not fat, not chubby - corpulent, and have no dreams left at all, at least that are attainable.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion