1 4.55%
  • AB//They fuck off

0 0%
  • O//They eat me alive

6 27.27%
  • O//They fuck off

5 22.73%
First 1234 Last

I will usually get a couple bites when camping or in a buggy area. They loooooove my sister for some reason though. I have no idea why though. My blood type is O but I don't know hers. I don't think she has a higher metabolism though... we always just said it was because she has sweet blood
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

type O-. If I don't wear bug spray and leave just the tiniest piece of skin showing they will go after it. (If the pants are too short they will go after my ankles, etc.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

NPcomplete

I'm O- and get bitten a lot if I'm wearing skirts/dresses but not more than the other people I know.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's not blood type, it's metabolism. If you have a speedy metabolism, you tend to release more heat. Mosquitos have an embedded heat-recognition mechanism, that's how they identify the position of potential targets. Thus, people who burn more calories tend to be identified with greater ease, and thus bitten.
    This, plus I've read they also seek out sources of carbon dioxide and lactic acid (in sweat). Individual body chemistry seems to play a big role in how much one gets bitten, but I don't think actual blood type has anything to do with it. I've never read anything about blood type being a significant factor, anyway. I've looked into this before because my son and I have a serious problem with getting eaten alive. (And for the op) I'm A positive, I think my son is too.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't go outdoors enough anymore to know. When I was a child they used to eat me alive. When I went camping, I always ended up with like 3x as many bug bites as everyone else.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    This, plus I've read they also seek out sources of carbon dioxide and lactic acid (in sweat).
    Yes, and incidentally given equal body weight and composition along with comparable environmental conditions, a person with a higher metabolism will tend to exhale more carbon dioxide per unit of time and sweat more.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP

They fuck off because I anoint myself with noxious chemicals, not because of my blood type

The ones that are foolish enough to make contact end up dead

But I'm O+

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think like Z said, it has to do with other body chemistry, and perhaps that chemistry changes over a person's life.

As a child in the South, I used to get covered with them and pick them until they bled.

But in the past few years, not only do I not get bitten, but if I do I do not make welts at all. I was picking huckleberries this past summer in a tank top in the evening and there was a cloud of mosquitoes all around me, but they never really landed on me....and if they did, they didn't seem to like me.

I have like scandinavian and germanic ancestry I think. Don't know if that makes a diff or not.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm O+ and usually they leave me alone or seem to bother me way less than other people. What bothers me are the little clouds of nats that try to swim in your eyes and crawl all over. They drive me crazy.

That said, in cases where there are millions of mosquitoes, some do bite.

Wasps also seem to bother me way less. I can walk right by a wasp nest, but hardly ever get stung. I practically have to grab the actual nest to get stung. They buzz around me, but rarely sting. I think my body reflexively contorts away from flight paths, or that I move in such a way that they are unsure what to do.

Also, one time I bent down and sniffed noses with a dog that usually attacks people. I've gotten bitten by dogs, but more rarely that other people.

I'm sort of an animal whisperer.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

l
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    I'm O+ and usually they leave me alone or seem to bother me way less than other people. What bothers me are the little clouds of nats that try to swim in your eyes and crawl all over. They drive me crazy.

That said, in cases where there are millions of mosquitoes, some do bite.

Wasps also seem to bother me way less. I can walk right by a wasp nest, but hardly ever get stung. I practically have to grab the actual nest to get stung. They buzz around me, but rarely sting. I think my body reflexively contorts away from flight paths, or that I move in such a way that they are unsure what to do.

Also, one time I bent down and sniffed noses with a dog that usually attacks people. I've gotten bitten by dogs, but more rarely that other people.

I'm sort of an animal whisperer.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155251/cartman-vs-the-dog-whisperer"][/YOUTUBE]
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com