User Tag List

First 78910111959 Last

What area should I work on to have more impact? (Don't ask me to clarify, I really have no question but this seems like a fun thread so I made one up, the other one I was considering was how can I be more sexy)

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Do I come across as neurotic and obsessive?
    Above average on the neurotic side (but not to an overpowering degree) but also very thoughtful.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Above average on the neurotic side (but not to an overpowering degree) but also very thoughtful.
    what would you characterize as the neurotic-ness? Along the lines of being anxious over details or reading into things overmuch?

*paces*
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think ESTJs are a bunch of slave-drivers, and I could really give a shit about listening to their imperatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    There are some decent ESTJs (you seem to be one) but most lack the introspection to know how they appear to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Or just continue with the "Ask an ESTJ" thread and hope that the moral people take from it is "There is more to ESTJs than meets the eye", instead of "EJCC is one of the only nice ESTJs in the world". Almost everything type-related I do, other ESTJs do too -- but the only difference is that they don't introspect about it. They just do it.
    @bold: there's the truth, there. Well done EJCC.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Glycerine

@SilkRoad:You read so thoroughly into things sometimes like relationships and how you come off that it radiates a little anxiety to me (I am not exempt from that either though). However, it seems to be a healthy dose because it shows that you are actually reflecting on things and trying to solve the problems at hand. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    But not the brutal truth. The brutal truth is that "more than meets the eye" doesn't matter much. ESTJs have more going on than how they interact with others. Big deal. So do rapists.

It only matters if one brings that hidden value out to be shared. EJCC has that outlet here on this forum. Other ESTJs perhaps do not, so the surface is what they are judged on.

Now quit NFing the thread!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    What kind of impression do I give on this forum?
    Mellow, positive, trying to figure things out, receptive, unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Am I weird?
    I think yes but more in a quirky sense and not in a creepy way,

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

But not the brutal truth. The brutal truth is that "more than meets the eye" doesn't matter much. ESTJs have more going on than how they interact with others. Big deal. So do rapists.

It only matters if one brings that hidden value out to be shared. EJCC has that outlet here on this forum. Other ESTJs perhaps do not, so the surface is what they are judged on.

Now quit NFing the thread!
    I'm thinking that if we aren't forced to lock the thread within 24 hours of it opening, then it's just not brutal enough.

(Srsly, though, it does seem more like a lovefest right now.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsFJ

Am I a bore?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Thanks! Confirmation that my strategy worked for the NFs! Now to convince the NTs...
    Whoa. You did NOT just go there.
    I agree with you about behavior mattering more, in terms of how people are received. But here's the thing: You were saying that you agreed with Zarathustra. Zarathustra was saying that he was irritated by ESTJ behavior. I just said that my behavior IS ESTJ behavior, so if you aren't annoyed by my behavior, then you aren't annoyed by typical ESTJ behavior. The typical ESTJ isn't an oblivious asshole, just as the typical ENTP isn't a posturing, overcompensating, argumentative asshole. These assholes do exist, but the only reason why you notice them more is because they're louder. If you look for ESTJs by looking for oblivious assholes, you miss most of the ESTJs that are around you.

Dammit, I told myself I wouldn't argue about this.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!