User Tag List

First 6789101858 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 871

  1. #71
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    How to know on a forum, although I think you come across as more thoughtful than a lot of posters.
    That's good to hear. But I think I come across more neurotic/obsessive here than in real life.

    IRL I tend to be calm outside, a bit wound up and slightly neurotic inside. I think it might be better if I looked more neurotic and felt more calm internally.


    EDIT: I tend to be anxious and worry a lot. I think that's what it comes down to really. Not sure if that's "neurotic."
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  2. #72
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My blunt response: That kind of attitude is closed-minded and frustrating as hell, but I'm going to ignore it in your case because I know your opinion is based on Fi and is therefore near impossible to change, without going through a draining and frustrating argument.
    His impression of ESTJs is also my general impression as well, and I'm not a Fi user. There are some decent ESTJs (you seem to be one) but most lack the introspection to know how they appear to others. Some even take pride in being assholes.

    Though I should add: no one likes a nag.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Do I come across as neurotic and obsessive?
    Not yet.

  3. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Do I come across as neurotic and obsessive?
    No. Not obsessive at all, not really neurotic either but I can see where you might get that idea from.

  4. #74
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    No. Not obsessive at all, not really neurotic either but I can see where you might get that idea from.
    Elaborate? remember it's brutal honesty!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Elaborate? remember it's brutal honesty!
    I just write it off as NFness. You worry about small details, I can't remember the thread I am referring to in my mind. Maybe it was the height one. Stuff like that.

  6. #76
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I just write it off as NFness. You worry about small details, I can't remember the thread I am referring to in my mind. Maybe it was the height one. Stuff like that.
    Yes, that is along the lines of what I was thinking about. So your comment kind of confirms, but also reassures. Thanks.

    *waits to be told that she really does seem neurotic and obsessive*
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  7. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    *waits to be told that she really does seem neurotic and obsessive*
    ... you are starting to seem obsessive.

  8. #78
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    His impression of ESTJs is also my general impression as well, and I'm not a Fi user. There are some decent ESTJs (you seem to be one) but most lack the introspection to know how they appear to others. Some even take pride in being assholes.
    I could say the same thing, verbatim, about xNTPs. But the thing is, I don't think that the majority of any type is inherently annoying. I don't think that's possible.
    Though I should add: no one likes a nag.
    I don't nag that much. But when people complain about me, they complain that I nag.

    Also, re: the first sentence, I meant that Zarathustra's opinion was probably based on Fi, not that everyone with that opinion had to have it be based on Fi. I've seen several instances on this forum -- not just with Zara but with other INTJs -- where if you get them started in a debate where their Fi gets involved, not only do they refuse at all costs to change their opinion, but they deny that they are at all motivated by Fi, and claim to be completely objective, while at the same time staying too detached from the argument to really get involved in it.

    In other words: "I'm right and you're wrong and there's nothing you can do about it! Nyah nyah! " <-- and then fleeing the battlefield. And then returning to taunt some more, and then fleeing again.

    xNTPs generally don't act like this, in those situations (unless they're trolls). They make it very clear that they are out for the truth, and are generally better at staying objective; in fact they sometimes stay objective to a fault (something I couldn't say about INTJs... or ESTJs, really).

    Although generally I would steer clear of those sorts of arguments no matter what (because I hate debating values, and that view of ESTJs almost seems like a value), I might be more likely to have that argument with an xNTP.

    Or just continue with the "Ask an ESTJ" thread and hope that the moral people take from it is "There is more to ESTJs than meets the eye", instead of "EJCC is one of the only nice ESTJs in the world". Almost everything type-related I do, other ESTJs do too -- but the only difference is that they don't introspect about it. They just do it. Whereas I analyze the shit out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Do I come across as neurotic and obsessive?
    Not to me.

    Summary of this thread: People worry too much.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #79
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

    I don't nag that much. But when people complain about me, they complain that I nag.
    You come across quite fair/balanced here, not nagging. I know people can come across differently in real life though. It doesn't sound like that much of a problem though.

    Re the guy thing, it's quite possible that you look a bit too competent and with it for guys your age. A lot of men (of various ages, actually) like someone who looks like more of a screwup than them. (At least some women like that too.) Conclusion: people don't want relationships of equality.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  10. #80
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I could say the same thing, verbatim, about xNTPs
    You certainly can about some (mostly ENTPs), but not the majority. Way too many of them suffer from crippling self-doubt to get to that level.

    Except online, they put up a good front there.

Similar Threads

  1. The Never Ending Thread
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 04:50 PM
  2. The lame jokes thread
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 03:29 AM
  3. The Brutally Honest Thread
    By phobik in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
  4. The Entertain Niffer Thread
    By niffer in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO