User Tag List

First 2565737475767785 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I find your assessment very keen-eyed. Thanks!
    No problem.
    Yeah, I guess I do try to be neutral on a lot of matters - that could also have to do with my hatred for eating crow, though... I wonder sometimes if I could be a Fe-inferior INTP, since my interpersonal skillz nevertheless suck.
    Nah. I know what INTP Fe looks like (since I have an INTP dad who relies a lot on his inferior Fe for his work) -- and even though he uses it to be friendly and pretend to be interested in what other people are saying, he definitely doesn't use it to avoid offending people in a friendly way. When he wants to avoid offending people, he does the standard NTP thing, where he tries to look cute and innocent after saying something obnoxious. It always works!

Edit: I will say, though, that I see you more as INTP than as INFP, if I was forced to choose between the two (even though I'm still 99% certain of ISFJ). I've seen you disowned by some INFPs, and I trust their Fi Radar enough to be convinced that you aren't Fi.

I've met plenty of Fe people who have bad social skills. One of my best friends is an extremely awkward INFJ guy. He's so self-contained and neutral around most people, and so slow to open up, that you'd probably only know he was an Fe type once you became his friend, because then he'd start saying sweet Fe affirmations to you, looking out for you (like he looks out for all his friends) to make sure you're doing okay, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You're too appropriate, which makes relating to you harder.
    Solution: be more obnoxious.
    I've heard that one before! There's definitely some truth in that. And what's funny is that I'm much more careful on the forum, because I'm capable of it on the forum. I'm enough of an extrovert irl that it can be pretty hard to proof what I say before I say it Whereas I can go through several drafts of something on the forum, or just prevent myself from entering a conversation that I know I'll embarrass myself in.

I wonder if this is why I have so many more NF forum friends than NT ones.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    No problem.

Nah. I know what INTP Fe looks like (since I have an INTP dad who relies a lot on his inferior Fe for his work) -- and even though he uses it to be friendly and pretend to be interested in what other people are saying, he definitely doesn't use it to avoid offending people in a friendly way. When he wants to avoid offending people, he does the standard NTP thing, where he tries to look cute and innocent after saying something obnoxious. It always works!

Edit: I will say, though, that I see you more as INTP than as INFP, if I was forced to choose between the two (even though I'm still 99% certain of ISFJ). I've seen you disowned by some INFPs, and I trust their Fi Radar enough to be convinced that you aren't Fi.

I've met plenty of Fe people who have bad social skills. One of my best friends is an extremely awkward INFJ guy. He's so self-contained and neutral around most people, and so slow to open up, that you'd probably only know he was an Fe type once you became his friend, because then he'd start saying sweet Fe affirmations to you, looking out for you (like he looks out for all his friends) to make sure you're doing okay, etc.
    Point taken!

That said, then, another question to whoever has too much free time on their hands:

What are the odds that Viridian (i.e. me) is either a) an INTP; b) an INFJ or c) a 5w4?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    What are the odds that Viridian (i.e. me) is either a) an INTP; b) an INFJ or c) a 5w4?
    i see you as a 9w1 or 6w5. intp doesn't seem very likely, infj is more possible but i think you use si/ne. (don't ask for reasons because i don't really have any, just hunches.)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Do you think I have any idea what I'm talking about politically? (or am I just one of those Republican heathens and you don't care?)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I can't be brutally honest because I pretty much thing most people are pretty worthless and I'm trying to learn to look past it and keep my friends rather than ditch them! I can do it!

Many of the people on this forum who consider themselves "smart" seem pretty dumb.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you think I'm totally insane starting a baking business in a down economy?
    It's going to take a lot of work. I stopped trying to get something going because I got sick of trying to work really hard. And I got sick of the inventory.

It also seems that bakeries are the "in" thing to start right now so they are kind of a dime a dozen. One just opened and closed within a year near here.

It is possible you can make it work but I think it's improbable.

I also think that people talking down about stuff you are trying to get going is a bad idea so I'm usually not brutally honest about these types of questions!

eta: It's also impossible to know what's going to work so if someone has the drive and talent for something I think they should go for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Do you think I have any idea what I'm talking about politically? (or am I just one of those Republican heathens and you don't care?)
    For me it's more like.. politics, I don't care. I don't often voice it because people who are into politics feel that it is of a) utmost importance that you do care, and will continue on to b) tell you exactly what to care about.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am good at everything I do, to the point that I lack any form of substantial identity. How should I go about crippling myself so I can finally join the masses, relate and make babies?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I am good at everything I do, to the point that I lack any form of substantial identity. How should I go about crippling myself so I can finally join the masses, relate and make babies?
    Start making babies.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Start making babies.
    But who will make babies with @Fluffywolf if he is too perfect to find a woman?

I suggest either weights, a mask, or some sort of mental hinderance, like in Harrison Bergeron.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!