User Tag List

First 545535455565765 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Because you either ask too open questions or questions that aren't linked to how people view you - which is the field where answers are supposed to be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I have no idea, Brother Wolfy.
    Ask away, I'm online, and as brutally honest as can be.
    Yeah... I can't think of any question. Thanks.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Do I come off a bit hypocritical sometimes?

Like, slagging people off for generalising about types, and then getting mad myself at certain types for being arrogant or whatever? Or talking about how "Europeans" "always" say bad things about "Americans"?
    yes. Have you ever met a person who is not a hypocrite? The closest I can think of is the Dalai Lama.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    yes. Have you ever met a person who is not a hypocrite? The closest I can think of is the Dalai Lama.
    *waits for an INTJ to say 'Me'*
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I'm not exactly the best emotion reader, especially online... So, when someone is very direct and dry, but in a sophisticated manner, it's kind of hard to tell when they're just going "sure, why not"/being sarcastic/humoring me or when they're being earnest about their compliments, concerns, etc.
    Your average INTJ won't give you much emotion to read, so it is probably not you. I do my best to say what I mean, and always mean what I say, one way or another. It would be a bit of a revelation, not to mention a disappointment, to think that I am so easily misunderstood. Of course, I have had several people miss my sarcasm on occasion. I suppose that is even easier to do online than in person.

Zarathustra's explanation of this was quite accurate. IRL, I use sarcasm and multiple meanings sometimes to test people and see how they react. It is not a litmus test; there is no established passing or failing response, but it does give me an idea of how someone thinks, their level of self-confidence, even where I stand with them. Asking "what did you mean by that?" is not an automatic fail, by the way.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you hate me?
    No. Your posts are rarely adversarial. (not that there's anything wrong with adversarial)
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Does my type keep people from interacting with me on the forum? Are there people who see that I'm ESTJ and go "No thanks"?
    No. I have an ESTJ friend and an acquaintance. They both took my words VERY literally until we got to know each other better. Miscommunication is my only concern with ESTJs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Did I hurt your feelings??
    Serious question.
    My what?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Do I come off a bit hypocritical sometimes?
    Like, slagging people off for generalising about types, and then getting mad myself at certain types for being arrogant or whatever? Or talking about how "Europeans" "always" say bad things about "Americans"?
    No. Hypocritical people are rarely aware of their own inconsistencies. The fact that you asked the question indicates that you have a high degree of self awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Why do my questions get passed over in this thread?
    What questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    What questions?
    The other guy was right, they were a bit open ended. Thanks for asking.

Ginkgo

I see this thread is a gimpy random thought thread. Gimpy in that it's not as random. Strange. It leaves me with the uneasy sloshing of my bile, as though I flew an arctic kite secured by nothing but a jock strap. Poor thread is like that horse that is just barely adequate to live but will never be a race horse. Bless this thread's little heart. Aww.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I see this thread is a gimpy random thought thread.
    I don't think that's anywhere close to an accurate characterization...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I see this thread is a gimpy random thought thread.
    Yup.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I see this thread is a gimpy random thought thread. Gimpy in that it's not as random. Strange. It leaves me with the uneasy sloshing of my bile, as though I flew an arctic kite secured by nothing but a jock strap. Poor thread is like that horse that is just barely adequate to live but will never be a race horse. Bless this thread's little heart. Aww.