User Tag List

First 41495051525361 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I just sort of have stopped worrying about whether INTJs like me or not. I have found that by not worrying and just continuing to be me in the most ME way I possibly can be... that they will let their opinion of me be known in their own time.

I like INTJs a lot, except for when I suspect that they view me as some sort of pet.
    And this is why we like NFPs.

Well, except for the bit about the pet...

You'd make such an adorable pet.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The two examples you provided both rang a pretty clear bell.

I think this is a common INFJ issue.

*swirls around in a spring of irony*
    I probably shot myself in the foot by providing examples (and yeah yeah, I know this is the brutal honesty thread ) Would you say it's a trend you've observed with me in general? The only interaction I can remember us ever having was in a thread about Fe fakeness.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Is it sick and twisted that I like to keep all the people who've asked me to be friends, and whom I've decided not to accept as such, in my User CP, unanswered to, piling up like dead bodies crashed on the shores of "I don't care about you"?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I probably shot myself in the foot by providing examples (and yeah yeah, I know this is the brutal honesty thread )
    The point is brutal truth, no?

I'd say it was a good thing.

Would you say it's a trend you've observed with me in general?
    Yes.

The only interaction I can remember us ever having was in a thread about Fe fakeness.
    We had other interactions before that.

But I noticed it, mostly when it had absolutely nothing to do with me (or even my type), before, during, and after that discussion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Do I come off a bit hypocritical sometimes?

Like, slagging people off for generalising about types, and then getting mad myself at certain types for being arrogant or whatever? Or talking about how "Europeans" "always" say bad things about "Americans"?
    At times, it seems your intention is more trying to confirm your point of view than actually learning something new. There are 2 extremes to be avoided:
    a) ''Typology is useless, people can't be categorized.''
    b) ''SJs are boring, NTs are smartasses, NFs are emos, SPs are hedonists''

Avoid the extremes! :horor:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Why do my questions get passed over in this thread?
    Because you either ask too open questions or questions that aren't linked to how people view you - which is the field where answers are supposed to be brutal.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    Elaborate on where I am wrong than, please.
    I find it interesting that an "INTJ" is derailing a thread.

Anew Leaf

And this is why we like NFPs.

Well, except for the bit about the pet...

You'd make such an adorable pet.

*gives bunny death glare whilst growling*

*sees sparkly new eyeshadow and forgets about being angry and instead hops off to investigate new make-up*

Is it sick and twisted that I like to keep all the people who've asked me to be friends, and whom I've decided not to accept as such, in my User CP, unanswered to, piling up like dead bodies crashed on the shores of "I don't care about you"?
    I think it's amazing.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I find it interesting that an "INTJ" is derailing a thread.
    Oh wait I'm derailing? My bad

END OF CONVERSATION SATURNED, unless you feel like taking this to a PM.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I am an absolutely impartial, objective, unbiased observer.

Well, I should say you're less biased about ESTJs than I thought. Saying that anyone is absolutely objective is a little extreme. Even Vulcans are subjective sometimes!

It makes me happy to hear that.

I aim for truth in all things I do.

Ftr, though, it is a sliding scale, not a binary one.
    We have a lot of the same functions, so I know how it works. So if you're like me in that regard, even though the scale itself isn't binary, there's still a pretty obvious line between "This person is cool or at least cool enough to be friendly with" and "This person is so annoying that I'm either going to completely ignore them or I'm going to only be blunt with them and see if they can take it". Both I and the INTJs I know are courteous to most people -- until the person pushes our buttons to the point that a gut Te/Fi anti-BS reaction is either impossible to hold in or too good to pass up.
    :wishestherewereagrinemoticon:
    I like this one -->
    Yeah, that period when the other person doesn't quite get it is one of our greatest joys.

It comes from an inability/lack of desire (they really are somewhat rolled into one -- or, better said, they are in sort of a feedback loop) to emote in most circumstances (unless the circumstance is actually exciting/emotional enough/whatever to get us over that hump, and get us to naturally do so). Due to this inability, as we grow up, we realize people don't know what the hell to think about what we say a lot of the time, even if we're being 100% genuine, so, eventually, as somewhat of a defense mechanism, and eventually as more-and-more of a way to amuse ourselves, and always just more-or-less the only thing we figure we can do, we learn to phrase things in such a way and with such an intonation that multiple meanings (that are not random) could be interpreted from what we say, and then we like to see how people respond when presented with this information -- it's sort of a sorting mechanism: some people just go blank (and respond negatively, neutrally, or positively), some people try to follow but then get confused, some people follow and come up with an interesting response (often Ne-doms), and some people actually get what we're saying/doing to a pretty high degree (often other INTJs).
    Interesting. I've heard my INTJ roommate say things like "If people get this then they'll be my friend, and if they don't then they won't", which made me think that it was less about multiple meanings and more about "Take me as I am or f*ck off" (yay Fi!). Do you know of other INTJs who do that? Is it a common coping mechanism for you guys?
    Yeah, which is why I use them rather heavily.

Otherwise, I don't think people would have any idea how to interpret what I say.

And then, because of it, a Pi-tunnel-visioned INTJ goes and thinks I'm an Fe-user/ENTP.

Since this is the honesty thread... I'd argue that the main reason that people think you're ENTP is that you're willing to call out pretty much everyone who you think is BSing on this forum. INTJs usually, from my experience, would usually rather just sit back and watch and laugh at people's stupidity, than actually get involved to the degree that you do. So, when people go in and argue the "truth" while simultaneously laughing at people's stupidity, that's something people associate with rabble-rousing ENTPs.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The point is brutal truth, no?

I'd say it was a good thing.

Yes.

We had other interactions before that.

But I noticed it, mostly when it had absolutely nothing to do with me (or even my type), before, during, and after that discussion.
    You seldom seem to provide examples man...could you do so? It helps to reinforce your point instead of just saying yes or no. Otherwise people can't be sure where you're coming from.

I honestly don't remember us having any other interactions. That one was lively, though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING