First 40484950515260 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Oh hunting season. Hunting is fine but the next motherfucker that fires a shotgun on the lake a few hundred feet from my door at 7am is getting the ever loving shit kicked out of him. That was my honesty part.

The beard. You should compromise, keep it for the season and shave when it's over. Personally I don't really care for beards but I do like several non shaving days worth of stubble. Rough but sexy.
    I compromised early. Took the beard down to a goatee but I had never had one before and I don't like it (neither does my wife) so I will take it the rest of the way off today. I almost never go clean shaven, always a few days of growth. Razors are too expensive for me to make a habit of shaving.

The deer will just have to deal with my grinning, pasty white face in the woods... They will think the angel of death has come for them.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Study an area of typology that really needs further study -- like the concept of Enneagram Tritypes.

Firstly, I wouldn't reject you. <-- there's me accepting you!

Secondly, I thought my tendency to accidentally intimidate strangers by force of personality would go away on an online forum But I guess that's not the case.

Thank you for the honest answer, BAJ

That's the idea!

This is excellent! Although your comment and BAJ's comment contradict each other a little. which confuses me.
    It's not THAT silly It's just because I started noticing that the people on the forum who are the most biased against sensors/SJs are the ones who seem to avoid me. There are also pretty cool members who haven't ever talked to me and I don't know why.
    Ohhhh I see what you did there. ZING!

I don't know if @Viridian has the same issues that I do with some INTJs on the forum, but I have a hard time knowing where I stand with them. They're hard to read, you know? Even the ones that come across as warmer and friendlier, they're pretty reserved and direct and I don't know if they're mad or not, or when I've pushed a button, or if, once I've pushed a button, that affected where I stand with them.

Exceptions are the INTJs who have been openly friendly to me -- but most others have been pretty neutrally straightforward, and usually have neutrally straightforward/emotionless avatars, so I get all confused and usually end up just talking to them with pure Te and hoping no bridges burn in the process
    I just sort of have stopped worrying about whether INTJs like me or not. I have found that by not worrying and just continuing to be me in the most ME way I possibly can be... that they will let their opinion of me be known in their own time.

For the most part they don't get mad particularly easy. As my ex would say "Why bother getting mad? That's a waste of energy. Instead I can use that time I would have wasted being mad by doing something productive. Like getting revenge."

I like INTJs a lot, except for when I suspect that they view me as some sort of pet.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    It's a valid question, I was asking him why isn't he being awesome about saying i'm not awesome.
    *sighs to self*

Because it's the "Brutal Honesty Thread" not the "Please Stroke My Low Self Esteem Thread."

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    *sighs to self*

Because it's the "Brutal Honesty Thread" not the "Please Stroke My Low Self Esteem Thread."
    Who said I have low self esteem? Shessh, I was in a fit of self entertainment. but talk about a joy kill.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

Anew Leaf

Who said I have low self esteem? Shessh, I was in a fit of self entertainment. but talk about a joy kill.
    Welcome to Brutal Honesty land. Here is your pamphlet and map of the local trails. If you solve the crossword puzzle on page 29, you get a coupon for $2 off a hot dog at the Brutally Honest gas station. Enjoy!

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Welcome to Brutal Honesty land. Here is your pamphlet and map of the local trails. If you solve the crossword puzzle on page 29, you get a coupon for $2 off a hot dog at the Brutally Honest gas station. Enjoy!
    While we're at it I'll take it that your an F type for starters, a bit bitter today and that you like bunnies. Am I wrong?

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Wow, that actually would have been really good to know. I'm glad you aren't biased like I thought
    I am an absolutely impartial, objective, unbiased observer.

Although you are, ftr, an exception to what I was saying about a lot of INTJs on the forum -- since I know for a fact that it would be obvious if I was on your bad side.

It makes me happy to hear that.

I aim for truth in all things I do.

Ftr, though, it is a sliding scale, not a binary one.

If your comment earlier about ESTJs being slave-drivers was one of those Ni-isms, then you are absolutely right.
    Bingo.

:wishestherewereagrinemoticon:

I have this issue with my INTJ roommate too -- her sarcasm maintains her usual communication style, so it doesn't seem over-the-top (even if it seems that way to her), so I end up getting a little offended for the five seconds it takes for her facial expression to change so it's readable again.
    Yeah, that period when the other person doesn't quite get it is one of our greatest joys.

It comes from an inability/lack of desire (they really are somewhat rolled into one -- or, better said, they are in sort of a feedback loop) to emote in most circumstances (unless the circumstance is actually exciting/emotional enough/whatever to get us over that hump, and get us to naturally do so). Due to this inability, as we grow up, we realize people don't know what the hell to think about what we say a lot of the time, even if we're being 100% genuine, so, eventually, as somewhat of a defense mechanism, and eventually as more-and-more of a way to amuse ourselves, and always just more-or-less the only thing we figure we can do, we learn to phrase things in such a way and with such an intonation that multiple meanings (that are not random) could be interpreted from what we say, and then we like to see how people respond when presented with this information -- it's sort of a sorting mechanism: some people just go blank (and respond negatively, neutrally, or positively), some people try to follow but then get confused, some people follow and come up with an interesting response (often Ne-doms), and some people actually get what we're saying/doing to a pretty high degree (often other INTJs).

I dated an ENFJ (I believe) once and for whatever reason her presence made me constantly infuse three meanings in everything I said (well, not everything, but I played in this way constantly with her), and it was just hilarious to see how she'd respond. She actually got quite good at picking up on what I was doing, and would play along with it in a fun sorta way (although, by her own admission, she was rarely sure about precisely what three meanings I was intending, or which one I actually believed in/what not).

(But there are no facial expressions online, except for smilies, and it seems like the INTJs here use them minimally...)
    Yeah, which is why I use them rather heavily.

Otherwise, I don't think people would have any idea how to interpret what I say.

And then, because of it, a Pi-tunnel-visioned INTJ goes and thinks I'm an Fe-user/ENTP.

Anew Leaf

While we're at it I'll take it that your an F type for starters, a bit bitter today and that you like bunnies. Am I wrong?
    Yes.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Yes.
    Elaborate on where I am wrong than, please.

My blog in regular blogs

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    The two examples you provided both rang a pretty clear bell.

I think this is a common INFJ issue.

*swirls around in a spring of irony*