User Tag List

First 234561454 Last

ThatGirl

Perp I think you spend too much time in altered states of consciousness.

Finally a thread I can participate in! :p

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Am I weird?
    Not from what I have seen. Which makes me answer, yes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Plus, it's ... it's too brutal. I should probably retire from this thread ...
    Geez.... Is this the extent of F brutality?

Sigh, don't make me pop Hostel in the Bluray player...!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ----

does the forum make edahn's arse look fat?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'll start. Do you think I'd make a good therapist?
    Yes. Just don't be one of those shitty therapists that hasn't taken the time to go to therapy yourself to sort out whatever issues you may have. (And you are human, so you do have issues, and they will completely ruin your ability to help certain people if you don't address them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    What is my problem with the mods?
    I can't speak for every incident, but sometimes it's a curious misunderstanding of what they are trying to say or why they are saying it. Like they are offering a principle based on step 3 of a logic chain, where steps 1 and 2 are assumed as common sense, but you don't seem to pick up on steps 1 and 2 so you can't accept step 3. Some mods are then unable to then explain steps 1 and 2 in clear, basic terms, and things escalate from there.

Do I come across as genuinely trying to overcome my issues, or do I appear as just going through the motions as I repeat empty phrases and repeat the same mistakes?

Glycerine

Should I look into being a psychologist, professor, or something else (if so, what should that be)?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Should I look into being a psychologist, professor, or something else (if so, what would that be)?
    You gotta figure that out for yourself!

I do wonder if your emotional disassociation would hinder your ability for certain types of psychology, though. You seemed to be blocked, rather than simply naturally disconnected. You might need to face that block to be effective in certain aspects of psychology. Still, you are a good and patient listener, and enjoy helping people... I could see you being a good psychologist. You seem to have the intellectual passion to be a good professor as well, but I don't know you enough to comment further than that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Do I think you would make a good therapist? Yes, I sense you have good potential.

Two caveats:

1.) I sense you're stuck atm and you don't know how to get yourself out of your own self-imposed rut. You self-sabotage not only the things you do, but the relationships in your life. Helping other people is the way you take the focus off of your own inner work SO distracting yourself with "becoming a therapist" is not going to take those tasks off of your plate. You have some challenging inner paths to traverse. Don't neglect them.

2.) You need to take your own ego out of the equation. You place a great deal of self-importance on your skills and ability at reading other people quite well, and dispensing with your brand of wisdom. You have sound instincts, and I sense you are pretty good at reading many aspects of behaviour, but being "right" is way too important to you and receiving accolades for it is of too prime an importance. Ergo, humility.

Other factors are incidental, but of importance - what education do you need to now obtain in order to practice, what focus area do you want to take, and you are getting older, so deciding soon would be of benefit. Just decide. Will you feel trapped to decide? Probably. Are you scared to decide? idk, but just decide already!

Questions: do you feel like you are in "flow" when people ask you questions and you reply? Does it feel like this is what you are meant to do, made to do? If you can answer yes to those, then I would ask, what's been stopping you, exactly? Leave the capriciousness behind!

But yeah, I could see you as an effective, compassionate therapist provided you don't use the therapy as a shield against examining your own inner obstructions and / or as a tool for propping up your self-esteem.
    Oh hell yes.

I practice therapy much differently than I write on forums or my blog or even talk to people. Avoiding my own issues? I'm not sure. But I do want to work things out for myself. I think TG's perspective would have been 100% accurate 2 years ago, but now I'm much more open to letting people find what they want--with certain limitations, I guess. Maybe I still have work to do. I'm sure I do. And deciding -- you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Should I look into being a psychologist, professor, or something else (if so, what should that be)?
    You should make a magic 8 ball thread.

Haha! That's the truth!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    does the forum make edahn's arse look fat?
    My fat looks my ass look fat.