User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    It's the generous thing to do, if one can afford to do that. Otherwise, I would say sell them. Since you already had a charity in mind, I liked the idea of donating them. It kind of turns a negative situation into something positive that should leave you feeling pretty good.
    Yeahhh .. I do feel good for doing it .. Lol, my next wedding ring i'm going to hold onto as i have no intentions of getting a divorce (I'm sending out my intention to the universe, haha)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Would you ever eat an endangered species?
    No, not unless I was really hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Do you think you could kill someone if you had to?
    Yeah, I think so if it was necessary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I bet you are the type that likes to look badass around prude people and prude around badass people. Close? Not that I mind. I guess it can be fun.
    i've noticed that people either tend to think i'm a goody two-shoes or a degenerate and usually nothing in between but i'm not trying to present myself as either. weeds legal here though and my mom and most of my family smokes so i don't think anyone thinks i'm badass for that nor do i.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

@BAJ, @Lark, @wolfy -- could you do it without a gun?

& chana, maybe you aren't a badass, but your municipality is badass.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNqwN9pMHGU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNqwN9pMHGU[/YOUTUBE]
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

E]
    Yes, or so I imagine. I've never killed anyone. I'm not sure the circumstances where lethal force would be required, but unfortunately I believe I could do it. There is not much difference between killing with a gun and other forms.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Killing with a gun is like pressing a button, you press a button & someone dies. Without a gun, you have to hit em, & hit em & hit em & hit em & hit em until they DIE
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

& chana, maybe you aren't a badass, but your municipality is badass.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNqwN9pMHGU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNqwN9pMHGU[/YOUTUBE]
    Why would it be any easier with a gun?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Killing with a gun is like pressing a button, you press a button & someone dies. Without a gun, you have to hit em, & hit em & hit em & hit em & hit em until they DIE
    I killed many things, everything from the pleasant injection to shooting. Sometimes shooting is very messy. Probably the cleanest is decapitation (or the injection). The worst is shooting from a distance.

I'll give you an example. On one farm I worked, they (not I) were shooting a stray dog. That poor thing kept getting up, and they had to shoot it four times to finally kill it. If you just decapitated it, then it would be over. No more getting up. No more suffering.

I live in the country. I work on farms. Where I live it's not uncommon for people to drive up to the store with a dead deer on their truck. I don't hunt myself because that involves sitting in the woods waiting. No, I go to the store and buy meat already packaged. There is no moral difference between killing the animal yourself and eating meat.

I worked at a public garden one time, and the racoons came down with a form of distemper that looks like rabies in form. The racoons are stumbling around sick, in sort of agonizing fog of death (like zombie racoons). Here there were staff blocking the trail while trying to prevent the guests from seeing it, and wondering who to call. Many staff...not working, watching, blocking, protecting...for many minutes. I walked up, and just killed the thing with a shovel in one whack, and picked it up with the shovel and put it in the bucket and walked away. 20 seconds or less.

I be a solver of problems

could you do it without a gun?
    I really don't know if I could do it. When I am asked that question I think about situations where it is mine or their life or my family is in danger. I think and hope I could in those situations. But who knows... I sometimes carry spiders outside.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Killing is an interesting topic in itself. There is a very good book on the psychological effects of killing and being trained to kill called "On Killing" by Col. Dave Grossman. It is said that killing with a knife, sword, spear, etc. is the hardest because of the penetrative intimacy and the closeness required. You can not easily dehumanize someone when you are staring them in the eyes and feeling their breath on your face and blood on your hands. Their is no honor in killing, only in victory.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni