User Tag List

First 123451353 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 871

  1. #21
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You sure you're ready for NF brutal honesty?
    Bring it on, ho!

  2. #22
    Not Your Therapist Sinmara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    No.

    Edit: But now I'm kinda wondering why you'd ask that.

    Edit 2: Maybe I'm not qualified to answer.
    Of course, you'd suck as a therapist remember?

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you think I'm a junkie/alcoholic?
    The impression I've been left with makes me think you do it pretty often, but I don't think you necessarily have a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Am I weird?
    You'd probably fit right in with Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.



  3. #23
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Bring it on, ho!
    hahaha I don't know if I can do this now lol - it's BRUTAL!

    *deep breath*

    k here it comes!




    Do I think you would make a good therapist? Yes, I sense you have good potential.

    Two caveats:

    1.) I sense you're stuck atm and you don't know how to get yourself out of your own self-imposed rut. You self-sabotage not only the things you do, but the relationships in your life. Helping other people is the way you take the focus off of your own inner work SO distracting yourself with "becoming a therapist" is not going to take those tasks off of your plate. You have some challenging inner paths to traverse. Don't neglect them.

    2.) You need to take your own ego out of the equation. You place a great deal of self-importance on your skills and ability at reading other people quite well, and dispensing with your brand of wisdom. You have sound instincts, and I sense you are pretty good at reading many aspects of behaviour, but being "right" is way too important to you and receiving accolades for it is of too prime an importance. Ergo, humility.

    Other factors are incidental, but of importance - what education do you need to now obtain in order to practice, what focus area do you want to take, and you are getting older, so deciding soon would be of benefit. Just decide. Will you feel trapped to decide? Probably. Are you scared to decide? idk, but just decide already!

    Questions: do you feel like you are in "flow" when people ask you questions and you reply? Does it feel like this is what you are meant to do, made to do? If you can answer yes to those, then I would ask, what's been stopping you, exactly? Leave the capriciousness behind!

    But yeah, I could see you as an effective, compassionate therapist provided you don't use the therapy as a shield against examining your own inner obstructions and / or as a tool for propping up your self-esteem.


    Real answer: WTF are you asking people here on the forum for?
    Get doing the inner work needed to know if this is the right life path for you, and get the f*** on it.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  4. #24
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,490

    Default

    Lol, @PeaceBaby

    Let's see, brutal honesty. Sure, why not? I don't know you.. you're kinda abrasive on the forums, but that's not uncommon and may have nothing to do what your 'bedside manner' is like irl. Maybe you have some problems, maybe you don't, I really don't know. It probably doesn't mean you can't help other people. I'm not one of those who believe you have to be perfect to be able to help others.

    Honesty isn't always all that brutal.

  5. #25
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Lol, @PeaceBaby

    Let's see, brutal honesty. Sure, why not? I don't know you.. you're kinda abrasive on the forums, but that's not uncommon and may have nothing to do what your 'bedside manner' is like irl. Maybe you have some problems, maybe you don't, I really don't know. It probably doesn't mean you can't help other people. I'm not one of those who believe you have to be perfect to be able to help others.

    Honesty isn't always all that brutal.
    Lololol!

  6. #26
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    hahaha I don't know if I can do this now lol - it's BRUTAL!

    *deep breath*

    k here it comes!




    Do I think you would make a good therapist? Yes, I sense you have good potential.

    Two caveats:

    1.) I sense you're stuck atm and you don't know how to get yourself out of your own self-imposed rut. You self-sabotage not only the things you do, but the relationships in your life. Helping other people is the way you take the focus off of your own inner work SO distracting yourself with "becoming a therapist" is not going to take those tasks off of your plate. You have some challenging inner paths to traverse. Don't neglect them.

    2.) You need to take your own ego out of the equation. You place a great deal of self-importance on your skills and ability at reading other people quite well, and dispensing with your brand of wisdom. You have sound instincts, and I sense you are pretty good at reading many aspects of behaviour, but being "right" is way too important to you and receiving accolades for it is of too prime an importance. Ergo, humility.

    Other factors are incidental, but of importance - what education do you need to now obtain in order to practice, what focus area do you want to take, and you are getting older, so deciding soon would be of benefit. Just decide. Will you feel trapped to decide? Probably. Are you scared to decide? idk, but just decide already!

    Questions: do you feel like you are in "flow" when people ask you questions and you reply? Does it feel like this is what you are meant to do, made to do? If you can answer yes to those, then I would ask, what's been stopping you, exactly? Leave the capriciousness behind!

    But yeah, I could see you as an effective, compassionate therapist provided you don't use the therapy as a shield against examining your own inner obstructions and / or as a tool for propping up your self-esteem.


    Real answer: WTF are you asking people here on the forum for?
    Get doing the inner work needed to know if this is the right life path for you, and get the f*** on it.
    I agree with most of this, although I do not believe he seeks to be a therapist in order to neglect his own needs. On the contrary, I believe he vicariously lives through orchestrating other people to fulfill HIS potential.

    I also agree that his world view is too biased for him to objectively see what other people really need, or what makes them happy. He tries to help people fulfill his own view of happiness, and destination, by telling them what they SHOULD want out of life, instead of helping them find what they really need, or seek, on a personal level.

    Therapist, no. Spiritual counselor, maybe, if he can learn to accept people as well as himself.

  7. #27
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I agree with most of this, although I do not believe he seeks to be a therapist in order to neglect his own needs. On the contrary, I believe he vicariously lives through orchestrating other people to fulfill HIS potential.
    Like a puppet-master? Do you think he even knows his own needs? I don't, fwiw, since this is the "full disclosure" thread.

    I also agree that his world view is too biased for him to objectively see what other people really need, or what makes them happy. He tries to help people fulfill his own view of happiness, and destination, by telling them what they SHOULD want out of life, instead of helping them find what they really need, or seek, on a personal level.
    Interesting ... weigh in, oh desirer of "brutal honesty"! Do you see yourself as being prescriptive?


    Plus, it's ... it's too brutal. I should probably retire from this thread ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #28
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you think I'm a junkie/alcoholic?
    I have no idea, since 1) I'm not qualified to answer that and 2) I don't know you that well. But based on a quick read-through of some recent posts on your blog I'd say that you have the potential to be.


    My question in need of a brutally honest answer: Is there something about my personality that repels men?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #29
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I have no idea, since 1) I'm not qualified to answer that and 2) I don't know you that well. But based on a quick read-through of some recent posts on your blog I'd say that you have the potential to be.


    My question in need of a brutally honest answer: Is there something about my personality that repels men?
    Please show me who these "men" are and I shall be brutal....ly honest with them.

    You had ME at your photo showcase of your JCF. Unfortunately I am not male. :c

  10. #30
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Like a puppet-master? Do you think he even knows his own needs? I don't, fwiw, since this is the "full disclosure" thread.
    Yes, and No. But I think he knows that.

Similar Threads

  1. The Never Ending Thread
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 04:50 PM
  2. The lame jokes thread
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 03:29 AM
  3. The Brutally Honest Thread
    By phobik in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
  4. The Entertain Niffer Thread
    By niffer in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO