User Tag List

First 123 Last

The object will be more than it is, reliant on perceptive. The object is less than it is, reliant on perspective. What is the object? What is reality? What is the meaning of the object? What is the intended use or potential use?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Okay. More clarification.

16 types are looking at the same object and record what they see and how they feel about this same object. They are of the same intelligence blah, blah, blah. Will the description of that object be complete when reading them all, or will something be missing after the descriptions are written?
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm picturing 16 Mr. smiths (matrix) with the same facial expression and tone of voice etc. but all falling into a different MBTI category. Are you asking if that is possible?
    I'ld think equally: if it were 16 Mr.Smiths they'ld prolly all miss the same thing.

What would be intresting is, if you had 16 people, being the 16 personality types of mbti, having to describe a detailed picture. if the end result would be missing details, you could say: either mbti isnt complete as in holistic or the method of measurement was faulty, since it doesnt apply to every of the 16 subjective realities or their perceptions of reality.

What does lead to an intresting thesis: you could say that difference in personality cant be measured by one single object, but that the differences in personality could be defined as one single object or a holistic whole, which gives meaning to the world and without personalities the world as we know it wouldnt exist. That goes into the direction of the question "How to define the color blue to a man that was born blind"

Intresting viewpoints evolve from that
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm picturing 16 Mr. smiths (matrix) with the same facial expression and tone of voice etc. but all falling into a different MBTI category. Are you asking if that is possible?
    That's an interesting point to be made, but not quite. I'm thinking about how the object would be assessed if this were to happen. We might talk about this next!

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Does the sum of the parts = the whole?
    Once again, I didn't plan on that, but apparently that has seeped into my subconsciousness because a couple weeks ago I was talking about it. I thought it had left me!!! But that's essentially what I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I'ld think equally: if it were 16 Mr.Smiths they'ld prolly all miss the same thing.

What would be intresting is, if you had 16 people, being the 16 personality types of mbti, having to describe a detailed picture. if the end result would be missing details, you could say: either mbti isnt complete as in holistic or the method of measurement was faulty, since it doesnt apply to every of the 16 subjective realities or their perceptions of reality.

What does lead to an intresting thesis: you could say that difference in personality cant be measured by one single object, but that the differences in personality could be defined as one single object or a holistic whole, which gives meaning to the world and without personalities the world as we know it wouldnt exist. That goes into the direction of the question "How to define the color blue to a man that was born blind"

Intresting viewpoints evolve from that
    I dunno what to write to this yet, but know that I'm digesting it!

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    The object will be more than it is, reliant on perceptive. The object is less than it is, reliant on perspective. What is the object? What is reality? What is the meaning of the object? What is the intended use or potential use?
    Then what is more, or what is less when all sixteen are taken into account? Silly Je. Don't worry about intended purpose just yet .

Then what is more, or what is less when all sixteen are taken into account? Silly Je. Don't worry about intended purpose just yet .
    Those questions didn't really surround intended purpose but were used to illustrate how perceived purpose/possible perceived purpose by perceiver, can infuse an object with more possible meanings. AND to suggest that we Jes shouldn't consider potential purpose and possibilities, would be like telling all intuitives not to conceptualise or extract symbolic meanings from objects/events/issues/words/emotions/anything!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Those questions didn't really surround intended purpose but were used to illustrate how perceived purpose/possible perceived purpose by perceiver, can infuse an object with more possible meanings. AND to suggest that we Jes shouldn't consider potential purpose and possibilities, would be like telling all intuitives not to conceptualise or extract symbolic meanings from objects/events/issues/words/emotions/anything!
    Be careful about what you wish for

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQh51v36ICM"].[/YOUTUBE]

NPcomplete

Once again, I didn't plan on that, but apparently that has seeped into my subconsciousness because a couple weeks ago I was talking about it. I thought it had left me!!! But that's essentially what I'm asking.
    It's tempting to say that the picture will be complete, if only for the mental peace it'll bring. But because of calculus (was that why you asked? Math can make one philosophise a lot sometimes..Ooh you'd enjoy thermodynamics!), I'd say no. I don't know what will be missing from the overall picture (ha!) but there's bound to be something, even if it's infinitesimally small. I must think some more about this. But it's a great question.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Be careful about what you wish for

Oh and while I'm at it, let's push forth again, what is reality and is reality contained within the concrete world?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ARGH must resist the urge to think ....ARGH the mind starts thinking....NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO ARGGGGHHHH

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww"].[/YOUTUBE]

*ENTP brain explodes*

Mission accomplished!