User Tag List

First 12

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It feels like a crossover of Clocks and Speed of Sound, but not as mesmerizing as the previous hits.

I think Coldplay should start experimenting more in stead of sticking with the repetitive formula, it's getting a little old.

MBTI
    ISTx

I've never been fond of Coldplay's drummer. When it comes to repetitive beats and fills that fit the music, sure, he's fine, but that's also where the pitfall is. I think some of Coldplay's songs could be taken to new heights with a more innovative drummer on the throne. For instance on the song in the OP, "Charlie Brown".

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

i think coldplay is ball-less nonsense. they should be ashamed of themselves for whoring themselves as they do to the corporate gods.. I mean, they ripped off so many people, yet they become millionaires from it? Pathetic.

MBTI
    ISTx

How many "artists" have done just that though? Coldplay has noticably popified/mainstreamed the sounds of bands that are outdated (U2) and not as appealing to the average listener (Radiohead), but I still think they hold their own as well. Coldplay are good song writers, although like already mentioned their formula has become a little played out by this time. They're still making a poop ton of money though, so good on them.

I'm a little pissed they have Rihanna on their new album. Talk about corporate whoring....

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    How many "artists" have done just that though? Coldplay has noticably popified/mainstreamed the sounds of bands that are outdated (U2) and not as appealing to the average listener (Radiohead), but I still think they hold their own as well. Coldplay are good song writers, although like already mentioned their formula has become a little played out by this time. They're still making a poop ton of money though, so good on them.

I'm a little pissed they have Rihanna on their new album. Talk about corporate whoring....
    Coldplay=good, Rihanna=bad? they both suck balls. They are to music what Mcdonalds is to food.
    I agree that artists have to come from somewhere, but there is a difference between being influenced and just stealing other peoples ideas. SRV was influenced by Jimi, but he didn't steal from him and call it his own.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Coldplay=good, Rihanna=bad? they both suck balls. They are to music what Mcdonalds is to food.
    I agree that artists have to come from somewhere, but there is a difference between being influenced and just stealing other peoples ideas. SRV was influenced by Jimi, but he didn't steal from him and call it his own.
    I'm not aware (though it wouldn't shock me if it were true) of any direct rip offs by Coldplay. Share?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm not aware (though it wouldn't shock me if it were true) of any direct rip offs by Coldplay. Share?
    They ripped off Satriani and Kraftwork, among others. Google it. It's real.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    They ripped off Satriani and Kraftwork, among others. Google it. It's real.
    I see.

Not defending Coldplay or any other band/artist accused of ripping someone off, but it seems like it could be so easy to do; whether it be completely by chance, or subconsciously having heard a tune at some point and then it coming back to someone, but not being able to place the origin of it and just assuming it to be original.

MBTI
    ISTx

Oh damn, but this Kraftwerk/Coldplay comparison is uncanny. hahah.

[youtube=0FhIG8gwJZ8]lol[/youtube]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Oh damn, but this Kraftwerk/Coldplay comparison is uncanny. hahah.

[youtube=0FhIG8gwJZ8]lol[/youtube]
    You work fast, master googler! Yes, it's not very subtle.