User Tag List

1231151 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Type and Handwriting

Evidently, handwriting analysis is scientific enough to stand up in court, but only as a means to detect forgery. This is known as "forensic document examination," and it's a bona-fide science. Not so graphology, the form of handwriting analysis that attempts to link handwriting and personality. The Skeptic's Dictionary debunks graphology, but it also debunks MBTI, so let's go forward at full steam with intellectual dishonesty here and link the two!

Have you noticed similarities between your handwriting and others of your type or temperament? Differences between your handwriting and others that don't share your type or temperament? Feel like scanning in a sample so we can look for patterns?
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 09-23-2013 at 02:01 AM. Reason: *super merge*

MBTI
    INTP

Well, people who dot their "i"s with little hearts tend to be rather bubbly, as do people with huge handwriting. I knew a very introverted girl in high school who had the tiniest, most angular handwriting known to man. Incidentally, she also had a wicked sense of humor and quite the dirty mind once she decided to open up to you. Probably an INXP looking back on it.

For the record, here's my messy scrawl:
    (This is a random page out of my journal, and I love how the word "logic" sticks out.)
    IMG_0899.JPG
    INTP

MBTI
    INTJ

My handwriting tends to be small, and somewhat messy. I hate writing things by hand, though.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

No scanner (worth a darn anyway!) here. My handwriting has been complimented on as being pretty many times throughout my life. I would say it almost looks 'feminine'. I write rather large and it flows nicely. I don't dot my i's with hearts, but every now and then I put a smiley at the end. I don't know why, it was my 'trademark' for awhile.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP

This is from the back of a DVD that was on my desk at home a couple of weeks ago.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

messy or neat?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    messy or neat?

normal....

maybe tomorrow? I get bored easily when I am writing and tend to doodle and randomly write things down......
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTJ

hmm, I'm pretty sure this isn't absolute with most, but with a P friend of mine and myself, along with some other Ps I know, we don't tend to mind our handwriting as much, so it's sloppy most of the time. However, as I'm sure with most, if I am writing for someone else I will take extra effort to spell it out, but if it's just for me, then I just need to write good enough so I know what I'm writing : ) Also I noticed that Ns tend to short-hand more into a single word attached to another word that doesn't seem related at all, while an S tends to link a word that seems more closely related to the immediate word...But actually I just pulled that out of my ass, does it have any reliability?!! who knows :p

Oh, but I guess I tend to think that writing styles have less in common with personality than they attempt to link, although if anything, certain groups of personality styles might be better represented by these studies than another group.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

If there's one thing I've noticed with handwriting it's the link between how neat people can make it and how well they can concentrate. Those who are easily put off from a long term task and those who are easily distracted tend to write messily and have problems with their handwriting. Those who can focus well and can do long term or concentration based tasks tend to have neater handwriting.

I reckon it'd be a fair thing to guess that Js tend to write neater than Ps. My writing certainly fluctuates. When ever I come to continue a piece of writing it almost always looks different even if it's the same pen.

Of course this is guesswork and is based only on those whom I've observed.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INXP

Could be. Mine is messy and I have a strong NP preference.

I think.. that my brain doesnt want to wait for my hand to finish writing the word before moving forward, so I do a high speed illegible scrawl. At times I have no idea what I've written, let alone others that have to rely on it!

-Geoff