User Tag List

First 456781656 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by outmywindow View Post
    I was like that with spelling tests. I distinctly recall intentionally spelling "color" as "colour" on a 2nd grade test just to see what the teacher would do. I also insisted (hell, I still insist) on spelling "gray" as "grey," which looks infinitely more correct to me, and is apparently the way they spell it in British English.

As for handwriting, well, that was not my best subject back when it was actually grade-able.
    "Grey" looks more correct to me too.

And after spending too much time chatting online with people from other countries that use British English, I've picked up some of the spelling habits as well. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I wrote an essay without correcting anything...I have yet dared to try.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Small & loopy, combination of cursive & print. And I prefer using a black ink fountain pen.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

reading this I think enfp's are similar in their hand writing skills....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I don't know how much this would help...it's just printing. Normal printing..
    stfunoobs.jpg
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Over the years I have worked with 1/2 a dozen ISTJs. Without fail they have immaculate, and tiny, handwriting that one could use as an example in a handwriting textbook. They also know *exactly* where the line is above which the words should be placed (which to me is a closed book!)

-Geoff
    YES! YES!
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    They were teaching us cursive in first grade for some reason. Maybe that's part of my problem.
    I would have killed to learn cursive in first grade. I kept trying to use it and kept getting marked off for it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    I evidently invented my own style of handwriting altogether, since I begin writing letters from the wrong place, join words idiosyncratically and have a unique scrawl all to myself.
    Post a sample for us.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My father is an ISFJ with immaculate handwriting. If I can, I'll lift the organizer where he catalogued all the music he had on reel-to-reel (I'm trying to convince him to just give me the R2R player and everything) and post some. It's really uncanny--perfect circles, right angles, it never deteriorates near the bottom of the page like mine does, completely standard size, etc.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My father is an ISFJ with immaculate handwriting. If I can, I'll lift the organizer where he catalogued all the music he had on reel-to-reel (I'm trying to convince him to just give me the R2R player and everything) and post some. It's really uncanny--perfect circles, right angles, it never deteriorates near the bottom of the page like mine does, completely standard size, etc.
    Did his job require him to write perfectly? Like architecture or technical drawing.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The thing to be careful about is that this is not the same as saying "All INFJs can write well." It's still partly practice and inborn talent, coupled with the strengths of the personality.

If I want someone who covers all the bases and might seem "warmer," a P might be better, though. They tend to be more exploratory and casual rather than tight.
    True on both accounts. My handwriting is such chicken scratch that I seldom use it anymore... even with printing it tends towards being illegible. The last couple of letters of the word has a tendency to turn into a scribbly line. My mom tells me my 0s, Os looks like dots. Also Js can be very stiff in their written communications. I know I certainly am in that I only put down enough words to be civil.

In terms of handwriting making a statement of your personality, it's a very unreliable measure if you ask me. For example they say the slant in your handwriting is suppose to indicate whether you're forward thinking or not... right slanted is forward thinking, while left slant is worrisome(?) The random things you read through when you're a kid... I don't quite recall anymore. Then straight up and down is "abnormally" stiff. But the slant is heavily dependent on your handedness. In particular, for a left handed person, I have never seen one that has a right slant because it's practically impossible. Most of them learn to write quickly by turning their pages perpendicular and write words by pushing the pen upwards. Doing so destroys slant. But I definitely agree that different people's handwritings will look different... and if you try to fake it, the hesitency and incosistencies will show.

I don't have a scanner, but I can try a writing sample on my tablet... although the texture will be different from pencil/ball point pen writing.