User Tag List

123 Last

Default Private messages

How many PMs have you received in the last thirty days? On average, how many do you receive per month? How many have you received in all? (Unless, of course, you've exceeded your inbox capacity several times and done so many mass deletes that you can't tell any more.)

I'm not trying to be creepy, I promise; this is purely idle curiosity.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Last 30 days: 99 PMs
    Per month (over the last ten months): 91 PMs
    My inbox currently contains: 6490 PMs (that's about 4.5 years worth of inbox messages)

Note that a healthy portion of those are mod-related -- people writing me about an issue.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    How many PMs have you received in the last thirty days? On average, how many do you receive per month? How many have you received in all? (Unless, of course, you've exceeded your inbox capacity several times and done so many mass deletes that you can't tell any more.)

I'm not trying to be creepy, I promise; this is purely idle curiosity.
    Private Messages are not transparent and accountable. So I don't use Private Messages, rather I post in the Public Forums in the interests of accountability and transparency.

I made this decision when a member libelled me by simply inventing a private message sent to them. So it became clear that Private Messages are subject to abuse by those of ill intent.

And I think members should be warned, as they may have been lured here by the promise that MBTI brings understanding and harmony, when in fact it seems to release a deep vein of nastiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Private Messages are not transparent and accountable. So I don't use Private Messages, rather I post in the Public Forums in the interests of accountability and transparency.

I made this decision when a member libelled me by simply inventing a private message sent to them. So it became clear that Private Messages are subject to abuse by those of ill intent.

And I think members should be warned, as they may have been lured here by the promise that MBTI brings understanding and harmony, when in fact it seems to release a deep vein of nastiness.
    Warning noted, Victor.

Those among you who are not as prudent, keep the responses coming please?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Last 30 days: 99 PMs
    Per month (over the last ten months): 91 PMs
    My inbox currently contains: 6490 PMs (that's about 4.5 years worth of inbox messages)

Note that a healthy portion of those are mod-related -- people writing me about an issue.
    good.....lord....
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah. What can I say? I was a PM whore...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Haven't been around much for the month of October but for the month of September 72 inbox PMs spread over 16 distinct members. As far as monthly averages, too lazy and impossible to calc since I've deleted a good chunk of them.

30 days: 7 (all in the last 10 days; last one before that was July)
    per month: 3.23
    total: 110. 95 of them came from one person.

Last 30 days: 8
    Avg per month: 24
    Total: 1,245 (member since 2007)

I'll wager a whole BUNCH of them were from The Gauntlet
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

46 received in total. That's less than one a month. Received 2 in the last 30 days.