User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default How do you like the city of Nashville?

I might be moving there. My family is begging me to relocate closer, and there's nothing really tying me down here. I don't think the volunteer police position is going to work out. If I'm working towards a degree and looking to work part-time, I might as well do it closer to home I guess. Also, apparently Nashville PD is on a hiring frenzy (while the rest of the country seems to be on a freeze).

For those that have visited/lived in the area, how do you feel about Nashville? I'm going to be pretty pissed about being submerged in humid summers again, other than that, I'm not too upset about the idea. I've only visited Nashville a couple of times, and the visits were quite brief.

MBTI
    ISTx

No one here has been to N-ville?

MBTI
    INTp

I was born in Gallatin, but I moved to California when I was 3 or 4 so I don't remember much about the place ....

MBTI
    ISTx

THANK YOU!

In the film, it seemed like a place for freaks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

They have the Nashville Predators. They also have good bbq. It was oppressively hot this past summer but I thought it was a nice city, we were there a few days in July.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    They have the Nashville Predators. They also have good bbq.
    Hockey and BBQ. Paradise.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Hockey and BBQ. Paradise.
    I totally agree. Hopefully you can get to some games, they really seem to have great fans. I was impressed during last seasons playoffs.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I totally agree. Hopefully you can get to some games, they really seem to have great fans. I was impressed during last seasons playoffs.
    I've been to one Preds game during regular season. One of the very few times I've been into down town Nashville actually. I think like most places, during playoffs and when a city's team is doing good they garner a bunch of new, enthusiastic fans. Basically what I'm saying is the place was dead for the game I went to :P. There's speculation that Nashville won't hold onto the team for too long, but ya never know. I hope they do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I've been to one Preds game during regular season. One of the very few times I've been into down town Nashville actually. I think like most places, during playoffs and when a city's team is doing good they garner a bunch of new, enthusiastic fans. Basically what I'm saying is the place was dead for the game I went to :P. There's speculation that Nashville won't hold onto the team for too long, but ya never know. I hope they do.
    After the arbitration debacle, they won't keep Shea Weber. Ryan Sutter will also be a FA after this season. The very idea of Shea Weber wearing a Detroit sweater is enough to make me run around like this but I'd take Ryan Sutter too.