User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    It takes a lot of flavors to make a buffet. :

The flavor I don't like, personally, is the pointless argument...two people continuously going back and forth without coming to a consensus or unity. It's like they clearly believe differently, but one has "the truth."

Also, good poke is funny, sure. But "type-istic racism" or "type bigotry" or ad hominem can go jump in a lake of burning strawmen.
    The bolded made me laugh

Yeah I know what you mean. When I'm reading those types of threads I make a game out figuring out how many posts it will be from each user before one of them shouts, "You're a doody-face!" to the other.

Usually it's 3 posts. Sometimes shorter, and I'm astounded when it's longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'll take a wild guess that you have zero infractions.
    The next time someone tells you that you're stupid, tell them to fuck off and die.

Then take the infraction.
    You are correct in that I have zero infractions. Us type 9 ISFJs, we're serious trouble makers

Oh, and duly noted
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Fuck off and die!
    I think I'll give you an non-official warning for that... please, make better jokes, or suffer the consequences!

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think I'll give you an non-official warning for that... please, make better jokes, or suffer the consequences!

I can't help but imagine that this post, combined with that avatar, was accompanied by an evil supervillain laugh.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Oh yeah? Half the forum should be suffering the same consequences then!

BLATANT MODERATOR DOUBLE STANDARDS, ETC.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Possibly, but perhaps with cause. I think you're right that there used to be bigger assholes around. Grander ones. But the forum was smaller then, and perhaps more homogenous as well. Trolling wasn't really present. I think it was a less adversarial dynamic even with the bigger assholes.

I think that now the forum has grown larger and less homogenous, and has lost a bit of esprit de corps. It's caused a more adversarial dynamic even with no notable increase in the number of big assholes. There are more low-level assholes and more trolls now, with a corresponding increase in people taking offense. I'd say that maybe there isn't more sensitivity, but more for a sensitive person to be upset at. The neighborhood's gone a bit south.
    I think you might be right.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Point! INTJ's are not known for sensitivity/diplomacy.. Do you feel like you have to watch your mouth IRL as well?
    I love you guys anyway, but tact/subtlety/diplomacy is NOT a strong point, generally speaking

I think the importance lies in WHY you're posting.
    I post to try to change people's minds or (if you're persuasive, logical, and polite) have my mind changed. I think I usually stay relatively even-keeled, and even if I disagree I'm not likely to be virulent and I try to stay diplomatic. [I think I've let fly with sarcasm/ridicule maybe once? Even by the most stringent standards maybe four posts, tops]

Some members don't, and (hem) aren't able to communicate their ideas without being rude.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, and since it IS the internet, we're all better off being polite..

Unless of course, it's good snark/sarcasm/banter - and I think we can all tell the difference between that and the negative kind
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Unrelated? I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO MULTIQUOTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Is that to suggest that you do not? Are all your thoughts nice?
    Nope, I'm definitely not perfect; but I try to make sure the thoughts I share are nice/constructive ^_^ - or at the very least, detached, neutral and respectful.

Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing INTJ's, I've just usually wound up in the position of translator/diplomat for INTJ's - think the House/Wilson relationship dynamic. Types that are not naturally diplomatic have to try to be, and types that are overly feely (hiiii!) have to try not to take things personally/have a thicker skin

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    God, I'm always watching my mouth. But everyone has to, I think. I'm a little more rude irl than on the forums, because @#!*% tend to make it farther in competitive situations, but I feel like I edit so much.

The key point is: not out of fear of hurting other people's feelings. More out of fear of getting punched in the nose.

The thing is, in real life, you bandage up your nose and get on with it, but no one's banning you for anything. On the forums, if you offend a single person's delicate sensibilities, you're liable to be toast.
    Well, in real life you usually have the option of burning that particular social bridge/having that social bridge burned and it isn't a factor. On a forum it's far harder to "avoid" people you may have punched in the nose/have punched you in the nose - it's more personal, because there are fewer people and our social space *is* smaller.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

This.. With that avatar.. Perfect.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Unrelated? I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO MULTIQUOTE.

Nope, I'm definitely not perfect; but I try to make sure the thoughts I share are nice/constructive ^_^ - or at the very least, detached, neutral and respectful.

Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing INTJ's, I've just usually wound up in the position of translator/diplomat for INTJ's - think the House/Wilson relationship dynamic. Types that are not naturally diplomatic have to try to be, and types that are overly feely (hiiii!) have to try not to take things personally/have a thicker skin

Well, in real life you usually have the option of burning that particular social bridge/having that social bridge burned and it isn't a factor. On a forum it's far harder to "avoid" people you may have punched in the nose/have punched you in the nose - it's more personal, because there are fewer people and our social space *is* smaller.
    Also unrelated, but the bolded was kind of adorable. And you do have a nice point about INTJs being generally....lacking in the diplomacy department.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

That's so mean, you can't deny an infraction!
    Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    I can't help but imagine that this post, combined with that avatar, was accompanied by an evil supervillain laugh.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------