User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

One of the most important things this board's done for me is make me more sensitive, too. So there's that to consister.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I've only visited a couple virtual anarchies, but I found them pretty tedious. People slinging around meaningless insults just because they could, etc. People who actually wanted discussion would roll their eyes and leave, and the only people left were those who enjoyed endlessly swearing at each other and calling certain female celebrities fat @#!*% .
    It just depends on where you were.

I used to frequent some music forums that were great fun, we had nice communities, great discussions, fun arguments,....then the mods came back from like a year long holiday, banned everyone, and now no one goes there anymore.

Boo.

I feel like I'm always watching my mouth around here. People flip out if you even accidentally insult them.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Speaking of Victor, he's due for a post to tell us all where we've gone wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I can't wait. By the way, someone recently suggested to me that Victor might be a pseudonym for another member. Someone who's just been winding us up all this time. Probably some sort of giant cosmic ENTP joke.
    You are bullying bullies who bully people with you bullyish ways. And I must remind you that bullying is a bannable offense at the Typology Central Mythopaoetic Virtual Network Tribe.

You only insult Victor because he is Australian and therefore a cherub. For, as Mr. Keith Windschuttle says in his book, "Why Australia Is Heaven", the country of Oz is much more filled with joy and laughing babies than the U.S. of A. So there.

Also, Sharia law sucks. Or something.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    I feel like I'm always watching my mouth around here. People flip out if you even accidentally insult them.
    Point! INTJ's are not known for sensitivity/diplomacy.. Do you feel like you have to watch your mouth IRL as well?
    I love you guys anyway, but tact/subtlety/diplomacy is NOT a strong point, generally speaking

I think the importance lies in WHY you're posting.
    I post to try to change people's minds or (if you're persuasive, logical, and polite) have my mind changed. I think I usually stay relatively even-keeled, and even if I disagree I'm not likely to be virulent and I try to stay diplomatic. [I think I've let fly with sarcasm/ridicule maybe once? Even by the most stringent standards maybe four posts, tops]

Some members don't, and (hem) aren't able to communicate their ideas without being rude.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, and since it IS the internet, we're all better off being polite..

Unless of course, it's good snark/sarcasm/banter - and I think we can all tell the difference between that and the negative kind

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Has it? It seems to me like there used to be way bigger assholes around, but nowadays people get all flustered over normal jabs and snarkiness. What do you think?
    Possibly, but perhaps with cause. I think you're right that there used to be bigger assholes around. Grander ones. But the forum was smaller then, and perhaps more homogenous as well. Trolling wasn't really present. I think it was a less adversarial dynamic even with the bigger assholes.

I think that now the forum has grown larger and less homogenous, and has lost a bit of esprit de corps. It's caused a more adversarial dynamic even with no notable increase in the number of big assholes. There are more low-level assholes and more trolls now, with a corresponding increase in people taking offense. I'd say that maybe there isn't more sensitivity, but more for a sensitive person to be upset at. The neighborhood's gone a bit south.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Do you feel like you have to watch your mouth IRL as well?
    Is that to suggest that you do not? Are all your thoughts nice?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Point! INTJ's are not known for sensitivity/diplomacy.. Do you feel like you have to watch your mouth IRL as well?
    I love you guys anyway, but tact/subtlety/diplomacy is NOT a strong point, generally speaking

I think the importance lies in WHY you're posting.
    I post to try to change people's minds or (if you're persuasive, logical, and polite) have my mind changed. I think I usually stay relatively even-keeled, and even if I disagree I'm not likely to be virulent and I try to stay diplomatic. [I think I've let fly with sarcasm/ridicule maybe once? Even by the most stringent standards maybe four posts, tops]

Some members don't, and (hem) aren't able to communicate their ideas without being rude.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, and since it IS the internet, we're all better off being polite..

Unless of course, it's good snark/sarcasm/banter - and I think we can all tell the difference between that and the negative kind
    God, I'm always watching my mouth. But everyone has to, I think. I'm a little more rude irl than on the forums, because @#!*% tend to make it farther in competitive situations, but I feel like I edit so much.

The key point is: not out of fear of hurting other people's feelings. More out of fear of getting punched in the nose.

The thing is, in real life, you bandage up your nose and get on with it, but no one's banning you for anything. On the forums, if you offend a single person's delicate sensibilities, you're liable to be toast.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

I keep thinking this thread is about sensor types being ascendent.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

No response to my jibe I knew I shouldn't have followed it up, I'm so insulted. I could start trolling and it could be a bit awkward, been a bit busy and had less forum time as I liked, but I'm game.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I guess "smooth" is ok, it's just funny as it makes me think of a sort of...James Bond-like ISFJ.
    inb4 Daniel Craig, I suppose

At one and the same time, I'm peaceful/easy-going and surprisingly neurotic.
    Shhhh you are the coolest ISFJ INFJ evah
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------