User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I can tell you why I love games: I tend to master them as a means of dealing with my anxieties, which is typical of type 5s. Xcalizorz is a VERY avid gamer, he plays so many different games, and commentates very well, he's often hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xcalizorz

I'm quite sure he is type 5 too.

My brother is a 7, and he plays for enjoyment, and to avoid school, and to escape the baroness left behind by relationships.

This is why games feel the stigmatic sting from some people. Maybe they get a sense that it is merely an unhealthy retreat from life, and they are quite right. However, so is TV, so are movies, books, the media, even sports. How many people out there are binge drinking themselves into a mindless stupor and labeling them "GUD TIMES!!! WOOO!!!". It can't be that good if you have to numb your brain just to enjoy it.

You have a great blog man. I'd much prefer to finish the games before reading though, you spoiled RDR for me a little bit (it was obvious enough anyway).

edit: I might also recommend a game that you would enjoy greatly: Alan Wake.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm sorry that I spoiled Read Dead Redemption for you. There is a rather large and distracting spoiler warning on the right of the page.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and the suggestion. I haven't played Alan Wake, but whether I enjoy it or not, I think it would provide great material for my blog.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by reason View Post
    I'm sorry that I spoiled Read Dead Redemption for you. There is a rather large and distracting spoiler warning on the right of the page.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and the suggestion. I haven't played Alan Wake, but whether I enjoy it or not, I think it would provide great material for my blog.
    I ignored it because I was curious, lol. My own fault of course

How long has it taken you to finish some of these games? What games do you have planned for in the future? --- mainly so that I can get them beat them and then read what you've got . You play computer though don't you...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    How long has it taken you to finish some of these games?
    That varies wildly by game. Crysis was maybe 10-15 hours from start to finish, but Red Dead Redemption was considerably more -- more than I care to think about! Since my writing is so spoilerific, I intend to avoid anything that hasn't been available for at least 6 months.

What games do you have planned for in the future? --- mainly so that I can get them beat them and then read what you've got . You play computer though don't you...
    I normally play my Xbox 360. I only use my PC to play classic games, since it really isn't capable of running recent releases.

I plan to write about L.A. Noire, Skyrim, Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect, Far Cry 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum and, now, Alan Wake. Mostly big budget narrative driven games, good and bad. I am considering writing about a sports game, and there are also some PC classics like Fallout or Planescape: Torment which intrigue me. None of these plans are set in stone. Ultimately, I'll write whatever I feel like, whether it's out of passion or for the challenge.

At the moment, I am working on a piece on Assault on Dark Athena. It's an average game and horrible to write about. If I can write something interesting about it, then I'll feel like I have achieved something!
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

excellent choices, I'm looking forward to it. FFXIII is going to take a loooooong time. I put 20 hours into it and got almost nowhere . Bioshock sounds like it would fit well too.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESFJ

Finally finished my piece on Assault on Dark Athena. Mind the pun.

Tried to cover violence in videogames and explored the idea of player as both audience and actor. Also talked about the game some.