User Tag List

First 12

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I find it irritating when the same people have the same embarrassed reaction often. Especially when it's things that aren't really embarrassing. Such as...

I had a chocolate bar today
    I spent $50 on a sweater
    I think the guy that works in the next department over is cute
    I'm having a bad hair day

No I really don't find them more trustworthy. I think I'd have a problem trusting them to make any decision because it will just end with

Only one that resonates with me is about the cute guy.

So perhaps you will like me 80% of the time

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't think that ease of embarrassment is anywhere in my internal list of characteristics that make a person more trustworthy. I mean, sure, it's good to be embarrassed when you mess up. But I trust people when they don't mess up, not when they feel bad about messing up. If you mess up a task every time you try it, but feel bad about messing up every time, I'm still going to find someone else to do that task from now on.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I don't think that ease of embarrassment is anywhere in my internal list of characteristics that make a person more trustworthy. I mean, sure, it's good to be embarrassed when you mess up. But I trust people when they don't mess up, not when they feel bad about messing up. If you mess up a task every time you try it, but feel bad about messing up every time, I'm still going to find someone else to do that task from now on.
    Looking at this from the more t perspective I am inclined to think that I would trust someone with personal matters mor if they were more emotionally viscous. On a professional level, it can be annoying.

I have a new esfj employee who is constantly apologizing for everything and is always embarrassed... 99% of the stuff isn't a big deal... But she makes mountains out of mole hills until I want to scream.

I get kinda.... Cold when people do that a lot.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Looking at this from the more t perspective I am inclined to think that I would trust someone with personal matters mor if they were more emotionally viscous. On a professional level, it can be annoying.

I have a new esfj employee who is constantly apologizing for everything and is always embarrassed... 99% of the stuff isn't a big deal... But she makes mountains out of mole hills until I want to scream.

I get kinda.... Cold when people do that a lot.
    Agreed, about apologizing in a work setting.

What do you mean by "trust with personal matters"? What sort of embarrassment do you mean, and what sort of personal matters? I'm still having a hard time seeing the connection...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Agreed, about apologizing in a work setting.

What do you mean by "trust with personal matters"? What sort of embarrassment do you mean, and what sort of personal matters? I'm still having a hard time seeing the connection...
    Trust them to have your back. Trust them not to fuck you over when they have the chance. Trust them not to use information against you. The usual sorts of trust.

Trusting someone to complete a task or make a decision competently is a different matter, I think. We usually call that reliability rather than trustworthiness (e.g., when someone is a fuck up, they are unreliable, not necessarily untrustworthy. Of course both terms can be used to describe the problem..."I don't trust dat bitch to do X," or "I can't rely on dat bitch to have my back," but if you're going to use an adjective to describe the person, you'd use unreliable for incompetent people and untrustworthy for snakes in the grass.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't have a logic to explain but ime:
    People used to being embarassed seem more trustworthy while embarassed.
    People less used to being embarassed are more likely to be making execuses while embarassed.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Never heard of this expression. It sounds as though it were translated from another language....?

I think there's a "moral lesson" / school of thought that people should trust those who are modest, if that's what the OP meant...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Never! some people only get embarassed when they've got something to hide.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh, I blush a lot. Mainly when I'm thinking dirty thoughts. But then I have a glass face so, every thing I think shows on my face anyway. As to whether I'm more trustworthy. I'm not great at lying.
    I also blush when I have a lot of attention focused on me. I find it all a bit hard to deal with. I'm not sure how this could be at all connected with trustworthy though. Being relatively standoffish and reserved, I would have thought, I actually come off a bit shady.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]