First 7891011 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Too many people confusing corporatism, capitalism and the economy
    They are of course inter related though.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

In order to believe that the implicit criticism in the OP photograph of people demonstrating was valid you'd have to consider corporatism, capitalism and the economy to all be synomynous. Which they arent.
    True. I don't think anyone in this thread actually agreed with what that photograph implies, not even the OP himself.

It is the economy, not corporations, through the medium of supply and demand, which provides all the things highlighted in the photograph. The economy predates and could post-date the lifespan of corporations, individually/specifically (for example the decline of Hoover and rise of Dyson in vacum cleaners, the decline of Sega and rise of Microsoft in games consoles) or as the archetypical firm/company.

The same goes for capitalism, the economy does pre and could post date it, to state such is nothing more than has been stated by capitalist historians themselves, even classical liberals or capitalist radicals who scorn earlier epochs in human history and consider any deviation from their ideology as ultimatley atavistic returns to/or hankering after those ages, ie The Road To Serfdom.
    OK. I'm pretty sure you're preaching to the choir with this.

Uncommonentity seems to agree with the message in the OP photo, though. He thought the protestors were hypocritical but wouldn't explain why. That's unfortunate, because I honestly would like to understand that viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    Then I remember not everyone is an INTJ and everyone in the photo is likely a dumb hypocritical fuck.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

P/J Loop-the-Loops can go on forever so I'm pulling out of this one to agree to disagree on the basis of opinion and the fact I need to pee. The ENTJs who have posted state truth.
    Hm, so soon? I was really just trying to understand your POV, and figure out what your point is. You might even have some good insight, so it might be useful for you to share it.

I'm not here to win any debates or prove anyone wrong, I'm just interested in the discussion, getting a better understanding, and hearing people's ideas. I do realize my ENTP membership card gives reason for suspicion in that regard, though, as young ENTPs often turn these discussions into debates which they seek to win. I also understand that most J types aren't interested in hearing other people's ideas, as they've already made up their minds and are not interested in gathering new information, but some of us P types would be interested in at least hearing yours. It would be better if you would then listen to ours and participate in a convo, but if that's too much, at least explaining your view would be helpful and appreciated.

So far you're the only one in this thread that agrees with the photo in the OP, so I'd like to understand your viewpoint better if you'd care to explain after you've had your pee.

Collective action is unnecessary and can be skipped. Individual change is an absolute requirement and can be achieved without collective action.
    What kind of individual change would you suggest? Do you mean individual choice in which corporations to give their business to, or do you mean the individuals who work at those corporations and in the government?

I'm talking about the same thing. It's a question of faith but more so fact. There are ways to temporarily prevent corruption. It will forever exist as a part of nature.
    Yes, it's part of human nature. So what are the ways you have in mind to prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Uncommonentity seems to agree with the message in the OP photo, though. He thought the protestors were hypocritical but wouldn't explain why. That's unfortunate, because I honestly would like to understand that viewpoint.
    Hey, hey now keep my name out of your mouth. I used the word 'likely' for a reason. Never did I once write 'I believe the protestors to be hypocritical'. Please, they could be a sea of the most beautiful lovely people as far as I know. I'm not a fucking psychic, for all I know the picture could be mis-labeled by some tumblr chump and be a protest against frozen bananas. Recognize.

I'm not here to win any debates or prove anyone wrong either. I'm also 'just interested in the discussion' and hearing other peoples opinions. You can't put words in my mouth and float a boat on a 'probably'. I choose my words carefully and they need to be read carefully. I wholly appreciate your ENTP fetish for winning but there's no such thing as winning when it comes to opinions. Everyone's got one and no opinion is greater than another if it's not directly harming anyone. I've no need to share my views with you. I reply to give my opinion not seek resolve.

I've never ONCE said 'I agree with the OP photo'. I don't know where you've gathered this from especially after just mentioning that J's make up their mind too soon and don't listen

I've no personal necessity to hold a mothers meeting over any of my opinions as at the end of the day there are always going to be people who both agree and disagree with them. It's life.

I hope you're able to grasp this without again seeking either an explanation or asking another question which I have no desire on answering on an anonymous internet forum. Ciao.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

@uncommonentity

OK, obviously this attempt at a discussion with the hope of leading to understanding other viewpoints has been an Epic Fail.

Please notice that I used "seems to", and that you did some pretty significant incorrect paraphrasing of my post. But except where both parties are aiming for clarity and understanding for big picture purposes, I find semantics arguments super annoying and boring, and it wasn't what I was aiming for, so I agree to let it drop.

Anyway, I'm sorry for offending you and for paraphrasing you incorrectly. I wasn't expecting you to be offended/ irritated. I usually have enjoyable convos with and get along well with INTJs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

People buy all the shit they are offered, cant wait for the Iphone 5 to finally get out and pay unjustified high prices for it and then blame it on the corporations ?

"I tell you the universe and human foolery is endlessly, tho I am not quite sure about the universe." ~A. Einstein
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    People buy all the shit they are offered, cant wait for the Iphone 5 to finally get out and pay unjustified high prices for it and then blame it on the corporations ?

"I tell you the universe and human foolery is endlessly, tho I am not quite sure about the universe." ~A. Einstein
    Entropie, focus!!!!

That isn't what this is about. Now go read the rest of this thread and inform yourself before commenting.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Hey, hey now keep my name out of your mouth. I used the word 'likely' for a reason. Never did I once write 'I believe the protestors to be hypocritical'. Please, they could be a sea of the most beautiful lovely people as far as I know. I'm not a fucking psychic, for all I know the picture could be mis-labeled by some tumblr chump and be a protest against frozen bananas. Recognize.

I'm not here to win any debates or prove anyone wrong either. I'm also 'just interested in the discussion' and hearing other peoples opinions. You can't put words in my mouth and float a boat on a 'probably'. I choose my words carefully and they need to be read carefully. I wholly appreciate your ENTP fetish for winning but there's no such thing as winning when it comes to opinions. Everyone's got one and no opinion is greater than another if it's not directly harming anyone. I've no need to share my views with you. I reply to give my opinion not seek resolve.

I've never ONCE said 'I agree with the OP photo'. I don't know where you've gathered this from especially after just mentioning that J's make up their mind too soon and don't listen

I've no personal necessity to hold a mothers meeting over any of my opinions as at the end of the day there are always going to be people who both agree and disagree with them. It's life.

I hope you're able to grasp this without again seeking either an explanation or asking another question which I have no desire on answering on an anonymous internet forum. Ciao.
    Oh STFU. You should be flattered that anyone even gave the vague ramblings you tried to pass off as your "opinion" the time of day. LOL!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

i <3 bonuses.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Entropie, focus!!!!

That isn't what this is about. Now go read the rest of this thread and inform yourself before commenting.
    I never read threads, whats in it for me if I do now ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]