User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Did you read the rest of the thread? Have you informed yourself enough yet to discover that the protestors are not protesting corporations themselves?

Here's a good place to start:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_St

If you read a bit about it, you might find yourself agreeing at least with the essence of what they are fighting for.

If you don't agree with what they are protesting, I have some questions for you. Lemme know.
    I agree with equality. I don't believe protesting is the right way to achieve equality.

There's no need for me to read that article.

I don't believe pissing and moaning in a public street is the best way to go about achieving anything but more grief.

In my world you don't bitch and moan you shut up and then you put up.

You don't scream for change you become the change in silence.

No offence to your world view there I promise you that.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    I agree with equality. I don't believe protesting is the right way to achieve equality.

There's no need for me to read that article.

I don't believe pissing and moaning in a public street is the best way to go about achieving anything but more grief.

In my world you don't bitch and moan you shut up and then you put up.

You don't scream for change you become the change in silence.

No offence to your world view there I promise you that.
    This would be a helpful worldview...in some fantastical land where individuals have a say in anything. "Your world," I guess. The point of protests and other mass gatherings is that collective action > individual action.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Too many people confusing corporatism, capitalism and the economy
    So what are the distinctions you had in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This would be a helpful worldview...in some fantastical land where individuals have a say in anything. "Your world," I guess. The point of protests and other mass gatherings is that collective action > individual action.
    Sometimes less is more. Collective action assumes that quantity overpowers quality which I don't believe in. Not to mention, regardless of how much attention, awareness, whatever else is brought to a subject to bring about change would assume that 'The Rich' are willing to play by the rules which I'm afraid they're never going to. Getting a human being to give up their power is never going to be a simple walk in the park or a simple mass process it's like a verruca. You've got to rip out every individual root however more and more roots are being planted everyday and 'The Rich' are becoming more and more like a cult. Belieiving that a collective action has superiority over individual action is like trying to wipe out all the drug dealers on the planet. Despite how much clean up is done dealers will be born every minute. To me, it's about attacking the core and killing the root of the problem opposed to the problem itself. Protesting solves nothing. Splitting up and killing the root solves everything. You've got to have a very idealistic view to believe we'll all play by the same rules. Not even I believe that's a possibility.

No matter what laws are passed you bet your bottom dollar they'll be broken within minutes and they can't put the whole world in jail.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Sometimes less is more. Collective action assumes that quantity overpowers quality which I don't believe in. Not to mention, regardless of how much attention, awareness, whatever else is brought to a subject to bring about change would assume that 'The Rich' are willing to play by the rules which I'm afraid they're never going to. Getting a human being to give up their power is never going to be a simple walk in the park or a simple mass process it's like a verruca. You've got to rip out every individual root however more and more roots are being planted everyday and 'The Rich' are becoming more and more like a cult. Belieiving that a collective action has superiority over individual action is like trying to wipe out all the drug dealers on the planet. Despite how much clean up is done dealers will be born every minute. To me, it's about attacking the core and killing the root of the problem opposed to the problem itself.
    Nobody has the individual power to do that. Unless something is done collectively, there will be no change. That's not to say it will solve everything, but it's important to exercise what power we do have to participate in our political system, and that power is mass demonstration.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Nobody has the individual power to do that. Unless something is done collectively, there will be no change. That's not to say it will solve everything, but it's important to exercise what power we do have to participate in our political system, and that power is mass demonstration.
    That view spits in the face of all individuals that forced change.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

That view spits in the face of all individuals that forced change.
    OK, so what is your view of what this is about, and what would you suggest we do instead as individuals?

OK, so what is your view of what this is about, and what would you suggest we do instead as individuals?
    Change.

You put a crowd and an individual up against a sniper.

The crowd is always going to be shot first.

You could argue that the crowd could get closer to the shooter.

The shooter is always hiding at a further distance than the crowd can reach.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Change.

You put a crowd and an individual up against a sniper.

The crowd is always going to be shot first.
    What kind of change specifically?

And what do you see as the best way to effect that change?

What kind of change specifically?

And what do you see as the best way to effect that change?
    Individual change.

Everyone dies.

We must replace the evil hearted with the good hearted.

If you truly seek to destroy evil you do not let evil know your name you do not let evil see your face.

You attack that shit like a ninja.

</opinions>
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.