User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I brought up the Russians because the Russian gangsters are the baddest motherfuckers in all of the criminal underworld.
    How many mobsters can claim a high percentage of former military Special Forces operatives (aka "Speznets," right?) amongst their ranks?
    NONE except the Russians.
    It's actually Spetsnaz, abbreviation of "Voyska spetsialnogo naznacheniya" - "forces of special purpose".

Anyway, the reason Russian Mafia has so many of those guys on their payroll is because working for the Russian Army will barely cover your bread bill, and you can definitely forget any type of alcohol that doesn't come with a risk of causing blindness.

And as you can imagine, mafia is a little more generous with their finances.

I wonder if America will ever go down that route. Pretty much all the mercenaries working for Blackwater were former Special Forces guys. How long before our soldiers get infected with cynicism, our gov't runs out of money, and all our toughest, meanest guys will be on the corporate payroll?

Looks like all those 80s actions movies are coming true in real life, aren't they?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFP

I wonder if collective bargaining is the way to go to get a better deal when it comes to medical insurance, until such time as your system sorts itself out. If big employers get cheaper rates, surely a similarly sized group of people united only by their desire to get a better deal could accomplish the same. In Australia an experiment was started called One Big Switch, the basic idea being that if a large enough group of people got together -- all willing to switch banks -- they could more effectively negotiate a better deal for mortgage rates. They advertised for 1000 people and got 30000 people within a week iirc. It's at 40000 now and still growing. I haven't heard whether or not it worked though.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't understand why the American people aren't angrier than they are? Obviously you can see the resentment building up, but I don't understand.....you guys seem to be sitting on a powder keg of a political/financial system, one spark and all hell will break lose. You all seem so privileged in a way.....but, with so much systemic abuse happening, it's no wonder living standards seem to be eroding.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    I don't understand why the American people aren't angrier than they are? Obviously you can see the resentment building up, but I don't understand.....you guys seem to be sitting on a powder keg of a political/financial system, one spark and all hell will break lose. You all seem so privileged in a way.....but, with so much systemic abuse happening, it's no wonder living standards seem to be eroding.
    It is like a really slow moving train heading towards a cliff with hundreds of people pulling (on all sides,) to no avail, to stop the train from falling. Sometimes, the potential outcome is scarier than the present moment. In other words, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

What if the American protests get even larger?
    What if the so called "American Autumn" becomes something of an Arab Spring?
    What if even more drastic laws, regulation/deregulation take effect next year?
    What if tax increases/cuts to government take place next year?
    What happens when we elect/reelect the President during this time?

What I'd like to find out is that every item pointed out in the original image was actually given as a gift or stolen by the individual and was either worn or used as an inside joke.

Then I remember not everyone is an INTJ and everyone in the photo is likely a dumb hypocritical fuck.

Protesting is GAY.

Killing people gets the point across.

::trollface::
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

@Halla74

DAMNED good posts man!!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Too many people confusing corporatism, capitalism and the economy

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    What I'd like to find out is that every item pointed out in the original image was actually given as a gift or stolen by the individual and was either worn or used as an inside joke.

Then I remember not everyone is an INTJ and everyone in the photo is likely a dumb hypocritical fuck.
    Did you read the rest of the thread? Have you informed yourself enough yet to discover that the protestors are not protesting corporations themselves?

Here's a good place to start:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_St

If you read a bit about it, you might find yourself agreeing at least with the essence of what they are fighting for.

If you don't agree with what they are protesting, I have some questions for you. Lemme know.

MBTI
    eNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Did you read the rest of the thread? Have you informed yourself enough yet to discover that the protestors are not protesting corporations themselves?

Here's a good place to start:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_St

If you read a bit about it, you might find yourself agreeing at least with the essence of what they are fighting for.

If you don't agree with what they are protesting, I have some questions for you. Lemme know.

I do not think the protests are people fighting for anything. I think these are people who are finally coming out and saying "this is what's going on and it's awful... we need to recognize who the shit starters are and the people that are suffering worst... here we are, the 99%"

i see it as an acknowledgment of a huge issue that my country is facing right now. i havent seen any media coverage of the 99% advocating any doable solutions to the issues at hand. and i think all of this rage and anger might lead so some change if it riles up enough people. we shall see if we may start taxing the rich properly someday!