User Tag List

First 91011

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    There are alternative systems of both government and economics. There are systems which have the best of both worlds for everyone, not just the elite. I believe there needs to be change.
    Yep, I agree!!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

There are alternative systems of both government and economics. There are systems which have the best of both worlds for everyone, not just the elite. I believe there needs to be change.
    Preposterous. Don't you know we are the apex of history?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Preposterous. Don't you know we are the apex of history?
    I sort of explained what I'd like to see happen in previous post (or other posts). We need the efficiency of the capitalist system, but without extreme greed. Nobody needs billions of dollars just to live. When I'm thinking "better systems" I'm usually thinking of something new.

When I was carried in the ambulance, they charged about $1000 to go 60 miles or so. During my arguments, nobody could justify the cost. One person said it costs that because that's what medicare pays for it (or something).

I negotiated the price down to about $100. When you add up the cost of fuel, wages, medicine, I couldn't get it to add up to over $100. Thus, I refused to pay more than that.

These costs are driven up by what the government pays. In this case, I reduced the cost by 90%. I believe this particular medicare expense can be drastically reduced. Big government is very inefficient.

What is business like without government? Enron. Self regulation is a joke. They'll spend millions just on one banquet for themselves. In the Enron documentary they have traders laughing about over charging grandmothers, which one trader joked about shoving a huge power bill right up some grandmother's ass. There was massive fraud too.

There must be a way (in the future) of having the efficiency of business with affordability and fairness. There must be a way to have the income distribution and distribution of wealth be more equivalent. And while we are at it, there must be a way to turn the business cycle into a plateau, rather than grotesque boom and bust.

Perhaps it is a system we have not seen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's another funny one:
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I sort of explained what I'd like to see happen in previous post (or other posts). We need the efficiency of the capitalist system, but without extreme greed. Nobody needs billions of dollars just to live. When I'm thinking "better systems" I'm usually thinking of something new.
    Righteous post!

When I was carried in the ambulance, they charged about $1000 to go 60 miles or so. During my arguments, nobody could justify the cost. One person said it costs that because that's what medicare pays for it (or something).
    Well hell! If Medicare pays $50 for a #2 pencil then damn it I sure as hell want to as well!!
    Unbelievable!

I negotiated the price down to about $100. When you add up the cost of fuel, wages, medicine, I couldn't get it to add up to over $100. Thus, I refused to pay more than that.
    I like you logic, it's very direct.

These costs are driven up by what the government pays. In this case, I reduced the cost by 90%. I believe this particular medicare expense can be drastically reduced. Big government is very inefficient.
    How inefficient? "Inefficient on Steroids," that's how inefficient! :horor:

What is business like without government? Enron. Self regulation is a joke. They'll spend millions just on one banquet for themselves.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Allowing corporations to "self regulate" is about as smart of a decision as hiring a kleptomaniac to be the general manager of a jewelry store.

In the Enron documentary they have traders laughing about over charging grandmothers, which one trader joked about shoving a huge power bill right up some grandmother's ass. There was massive fraud too.
    OMG, that part made we want to puke, and then choke the smug bastard who said that. How heartless can a person be?

(1) There must be a way (in the future) of having the efficiency of business with affordability and fairness.
    (2) There must be a way to have the income distribution and distribution of wealth be more equivalent.
    (3) And while we are at it, there must be a way to turn the business cycle into a plateau, rather than grotesque boom and bust.
    If ever the perfect political economic platform were devised, this is it.

Perhaps it is a system we have not seen.
    No, but I hope to God we see it in our lifetime.
    Great post, Bro.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

What is business like without government? Enron. Self regulation is a joke. They'll spend millions just on one banquet for themselves. In the Enron documentary they have traders laughing about over charging grandmothers, which one trader joked about shoving a huge power bill right up some grandmother's ass. There was massive fraud too.
    And then, they accuse all the complainers of being "whiners" who are "envying" and "trying to take what belongs to someone else", and too "lazy" and "unproductive" to do anything themselves.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas