User Tag List

First 678

Went to talk to an old guy, someone who I've to talk from time to time so he wouldn't think I dislike him (ISFJ) and continue occasionally providing me with some, what he thinks (think what was fancy during WW2 in USSR countries ), fancy food. He was going on and on for about 90-120 minutes. That was tedious, and worst of all - he's full of shit. Always pinching in god, experience, my stupidity (NT vs an old SF), how the world sucks today, etc. - basically repeating the same thing over and over again, I've heard 60% of what he said today at least a couple dozen times and I'm not exaggerating here. Well, got some cookies out of it, at least.

I'm also very confused if these things work long-term with him. One day he complains about others, the next day about me.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Nope, I lost it. It was only a lil' bit, but it did take some fingernail with it.
    Epilogue: managed to meet up with the nurse-fiancee at home. She patched me up in the right way (not paper towels). She's going to make a great mother, because she wouldn't freak the hell out when our kids scrape themselves.

Made it just in time for the presentation for these 20 or so folks. Charmed the pants off of them but had to "turn it on" more than usual. Gave myself the rest of the day off, because holy shit I did not want to make any more mistakes today.

Had to borrow a lady's scissors to cut some Velcro. She asked about my finger, and I told her that I'd cut the tip off this morning. I then realized and pointed out that I was using blades again, and we both had a good laugh about it. I mean, statistically, I'm not such a klutz, and I can't stay away from blades forever.

(It's like that one time when I got pulled over for speeding. Did it dissuade me from speeding ever again? No. It showed me what my odds actually were, and that they were in my favor.)

It still hurts like a motherfucker, Jesus Christ. I think I learned from this one.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Nope, I lost it. It was only a lil' bit, but it did take some fingernail with it. The girl will know what to do, whenever she gets back with me

Got an important briefing today with some folks who could provide us with a huge amount of funding, but I gotta be there to demonstrate my lab's capabilities.

I did have enough time to run home and change into pants that weren't soaked with blood.

Speaking of, two things:
    • There was a clear trail of blood in the hallway. The culture of 'nonintervention' at work seems to manifest as one of either obliviousness, apathy, or simple nonintervention, depending on the individual.
    • The custodial crew was right on the case. Wouldn't want anyone to get the AIDS, I guess?
    hey you work in a lab too? like science lab? cool.

condolences on the fingertip.
    -end of thread-

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Nope, I lost it. It was only a lil' bit, but it did take some fingernail with it. The girl will know what to do, whenever she gets back with me

Got an important briefing today with some folks who could provide us with a huge amount of funding, but I gotta be there to demonstrate my lab's capabilities.

I did have enough time to run home and change into pants that weren't soaked with blood.

Speaking of, two things:
    • There was a clear trail of blood in the hallway. The culture of 'nonintervention' at work seems to manifest as one of either obliviousness, apathy, or simple nonintervention, depending on the individual.
    • The custodial crew was right on the case. Wouldn't want anyone to get the AIDS, I guess?
    hey you work in a lab too? like science lab? cool.

condolences on the fingertip.
    -end of thread-

your resident asshole

I spelled "mammillary" wrong on an exam as well as some other things.

Not quite​ as dramatic as the other things in this thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I tried to visit the library, but it closed three hours before I got there.

I dropped my phone and it turned off by itself, which felt... foreboding.

I then used it to call a friend to meet for lunch, something we'd talked about and agreed to on Tuesday. He flaked. Again. Like he does about every four out of five times we agree to do something together. I dropped my phone... and my plans had been dropped.

Ironically when we met about a week ago (he called me out of the blue on Saturday; I dropped what I was doing to hang out with him) he wondered why I hadn't called him and asked if he'd go a movie with me; I was averaging over one per week for a while this past summer. Isn't it obvious? You'll not want to go on the night I do, you won't be able to go on the night I do, you'll want your girlfriend to come with you but she can't for some reason, or you'll be busy doing something else. I can either wait four weeks to see it when it's convenient for you, or just go and see it when I want and how I want. And so I do.

I feel like I should be more sociable and see friends more often but then it always seems as though plans I make get rescinded. I have to make my life fit around other people's schedules. That, I think, has been an ongoing mistake.

Permabanned

I'm going like 35, and for some reason the road turns right....I don't....
    In the ditch, I'm like 'that was stupid'...

So, I get out of the ditch and continue home...

(We live in an isolated place..)

20 minutes later...

I take a wrong turn..I'm on a small road in the middle of the forest...and it's dark out...

I try to turn around...and the back end of my car ends up over a five foot cliff...

Twice in one day....

I walk home disgusted....wondering if I'm just a special type of retard that managed to evade detection all these years...