User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like your own type (mbti/enneagram combination)?

58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have the best type of all

6 10.34%
  • I love my type

16 27.59%
  • I like my type

14 24.14%
  • I guess it's okay

14 24.14%
  • I like my MBTI type but dislike my enneatype

2 3.45%
  • I dislike my MBTI type but like my enneatype

1 1.72%
  • I dislike my type

2 3.45%
  • I hate my type

3 5.17%
  • I have the worst type of all

0 0%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Your Type?

Default Do You Like Your Type?

I'm curious to see what people think of their own type, both enneagram and MBTI. So what do you think? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you wish you were a different type?

9w1 sx/sp

I love my type! ISFJs have many weaknesses but we also have many strengths as well. I like who I am and I genuinely feel like me, and people like me, are an asset to this world
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins

I love my type.

I just find it incredibly discouraging that it's so common for ENTP potential to go to waste due to lack of Te, and/or focus problems due to lack of challenge. That, plus we don't understand the social nuances required to do well politically in the workplace, so we often end up in weird political problems and don't understand what happened or why. It's very frustrating.

I think ENTPs probably do better in cultures where direct communication is encouraged, like the east coast US. It was probably a bad idea for me to live on the west coast, but I'm not sure it would be worth it for us now to leave. To me some of the people from here seem passive aggressive, and I find it incredibly frustrating that I can't communicate with them because to them, any communication that doesn't flatter them is a personally offensive confrontation deserving of career murder in return. (Any advice on how to communicate with people who take everything personally would be appreciated.)

I will answer as soon as I have been able to separate my type from my self.

He who laughs Array

Im a pretty nice guy, so why would anyone dislike or hate him? Thats just crazy, which is something I dont consider myself as.

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    2 sx/so

It has it's good and bad. I like it.

I like it well enough, I guess. There are things I really dislike about myself that are common weaknesses of my type (mainly the social cluelessness and the passivity/avoidance)...but there are other INTPs who seem to do okay in these areas, so it's not like it's impossible to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I just find it incredibly discouraging that it's so common for ENTP potential to go to waste....It's very frustrating.
    I feel some of this too....the reasons my potential has been going to waste aren't the exact same as yours, but it does often seem like my weaknesses prevent me from being able to use my strengths.

I don't have anything to compare it to. I like being an INTJ. I don't know that it's easy to be a woman and an INTJ though. I think if I were some flavor of F it would be a little easier but I'm only speculating. Enneagaram 8...other than people thinking I could turn into a megalomaniac, it's fine.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

If i were more secure in my type then i would say yes of course i like my type because i like myself.
    Being 55% I, 55% N, 55% F and 65% P .. I don't feel comfortable with a particular type .. Yet
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

6w7 sp/sx

Overall I would lean towards no- lots of pitfalls. Even some of the strengths are actually pitfalls.
    However, I'm learning the value of what this type is capable of.
    I like my enneatype a bit better.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.