User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like your own type (mbti/enneagram combination)?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have the best type of all

6 10.34%
  • I love my type

16 27.59%
  • I like my type

14 24.14%
  • I guess it's okay

14 24.14%
  • I like my MBTI type but dislike my enneatype

2 3.45%
  • I dislike my MBTI type but like my enneatype

1 1.72%
  • I dislike my type

2 3.45%
  • I hate my type

3 5.17%
  • I have the worst type of all

0 0%
First 78910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    But wait, there is an option for you! It's there in the middle, "I dislike my MBTI type but like my enneatype".
    What I was trying to say was that the "I hate my type" option expresses stronger disdain for my MBTI type than "I dislike my MBTI type but I like my enneatype," so have to decide if I want to be factually correct (dislike MBTI, but like ennea) or correctly convey my desired meaning (super strong dislike of one of my types).

But don't be too down on your Te. Te fucking rules the world, and I'm depressed about that. I read recently that some ridiculously high proportion of executives were all TJ types, and other types were extremely rare.
    Te inarguably has its upsides. Just not who I want to be, in some ways. Similar to how you wish you had more Te. Cheer up about your own Te-envy though - I think it's easier for a Ti-er to master Te than vice versa, so just keep practicing!

I also like your theory about a well-balanced INFJ. My sister is like that. She has all the best traits of an NF + all the best traits of an INTJ. She does well in everything she does, and is well-liked everywhere.
    Those people are awesome! INTJ-like NF is a good way to put it - you're an idealist whose core concern is humanity, but you have the sharp and penetrating logic skills INTJ is stereotyped as having.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    What I was trying to say was that the "I hate my type" option expresses stronger disdain for my MBTI type than "I dislike my MBTI type but I like my enneatype," so have to decide if I want to be factually correct (dislike MBTI, but like ennea) or correctly convey my desired meaning (super strong dislike of one of my types).
    True, true, you would have to choose one of them.

Te inarguably has its upsides. Just not who I want to be, in some ways. Similar to how you wish you had more Te. Cheer up about your own Te-envy though - I think it's easier for a Ti-er to master Te than vice versa, so just keep practicing!
    Aw thanks for the encouragement. If you end up ruling the world with your Te, I'd be willing to offer Ti consulting services to you as backup....

Those people are awesome! INTJ-like NF is a good way to put it - you're an idealist whose core concern is humanity, but you have the sharp and penetrating logic skills INTJ is stereotyped as having.
    I first thought that maybe Fe-Ti was used to substitute for Te skills, but actually I think it's NeTi, because when I get into Te type work, I find it most enjoyable if I get to find NEW ways of being efficient, which is Ne.

So conversely, maybe with practice, you can use NiTe to substitute for Ti skills by reigning in the Te tendency toward quick decisions and allow your NiTe combo to ruminate longer...?

It takes me a shitload of self-discipline to do Te type tasks like scheduling and organizing because they make me impatient and my mind wanders, so perhaps it's a similar problem using NiTe for Ti, you get impatient because you just want to make a decision and move on, so you have to use self-discipline to force your brain to keep thinking it over....

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I my type. We are perfect in every way. :x
    Is true /ENTP fangirlism

... so you have to use self-discipline to force your brain to [do the opposite of what it wants]...
    Yes, this is the solution for both of us.

you get impatient because you just want to make a decision and move on
    (< my most-used smiley or what? ) That is exactly what happens for me. I'm not stimulated to a level of satisfaction unless there's some point or usefulness to something, so slowing down the logical thought process to analyze each step, step by step (Ti), when I have already thought of a solution to the problem I am faced with and in my superficial backtracking for faults find none (Te), is a very difficult thing to do. Not that I can't, but as you said, it seems to entirely be a matter of self-discipline. (trying to find a smiley with googly eyes to represent a dazed->confused expression, but maybe it was deleted or I am blind)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Yes, this is the solution for both of us.

(< my most-used smiley or what? ) That is exactly what happens for me. I'm not stimulated to a level of satisfaction unless there's some point or usefulness to something, so slowing down the logical thought process to analyze each step, step by step (Ti), when I have already thought of a solution to the problem I am faced with and in my superficial backtracking for faults find none (Te), is a very difficult thing to do. Not that I can't, but as you said, it seems to entirely be a matter of self-discipline. (trying to find a smiley with googly eyes to represent a dazed->confused expression, but maybe it was deleted or I am blind)
    That's exactly how Te activities feel for me! I'm not stimulated, so I have to keep dragging my brain back to it. To me, Te activity feels like there's no thinking (Ti) and no creativity (Ne) involved, so it's really difficult to stay focused. It feels like there's just enough thought required that I can't daydream while I'm doing it, but not enough to keep me engaged. It feels really tedious and exhausting, and I have to keep steering my mind back to it as it keeps wandering off.

I think this is the smiley you were looking for, which I've also used in the past to describe my experience with Te work:

MBTI
    INTP

Self loathing is never productive.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I love my type! ISFJs have many weaknesses but we also have many strengths as well. I like who I am and I genuinely feel like me, and people like me, are an asset to this world
    You better effing hope so..because in the next world..."people like you" are gonna have it tough.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I think this is the smiley you were looking for, which I've also used in the past to describe my experience with Te work:

LMAO! Not quite, but that's fine...

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    You better effing hope so..because in the next world..."people like you" are gonna have it tough.
    Why is this?
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Why is this?
    Because, I think, human thought will progress in such ways that you being an asset to this world will make it difficult for you to be an asset in the next. Unless you adapt..either way the situation will be difficult.