User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like your own type (mbti/enneagram combination)?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have the best type of all

6 10.34%
  • I love my type

16 27.59%
  • I like my type

14 24.14%
  • I guess it's okay

14 24.14%
  • I like my MBTI type but dislike my enneatype

2 3.45%
  • I dislike my MBTI type but like my enneatype

1 1.72%
  • I dislike my type

2 3.45%
  • I hate my type

3 5.17%
  • I have the worst type of all

0 0%
First 45678 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I'm some sort of 1/4/5 as far as I can tell. What types tend to be 6's?
    I think it's more common for INFJ than people realise. It's supposed to fit all MBTI types - more so than any other enneagram type. But some of the more common ones seem to be ISTP, ISTJ, and ENFP - at least those are a few I've encountered.

I've dithered more about my e-type than about my MBTI type. But 6 really seems to fit. 9 was the other strong possibility for me but lately I have become more and more convinced that I'm 6.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

What's my type again? Oh yeah, ISTP. I'm kind of miserable as IFP or IFJ. I fall short of those. F is a monkey on my back. So yeah, I like this type. I don't really suck at it.

MBTI
    INtP

I like it well enough, I suppose. I think it's pretty hard to be objective about it, though. Try to avoid it or not, I think that we all tend to take our strengths for granted, and magnify our weaknesses. In that line, it's very easy for me to say that I'd prefer to be an ENTP. My social skills and comfortability are just awful, and I can double-guess and become paralyzed by indecision and endlessly projecting possibilities without actually doing anything. It's been a pretty major source of all of the lacks in my life. Being more engaging and social would probably have made a huge difference for the better. But I'd be naive to think that there aren't positives and negatives to anything... so I'll take what I've got, when it comes to type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think it's more common for INFJ than people realise. It's supposed to fit all MBTI types - more so than any other enneagram type. But some of the more common ones seem to be ISTP, ISTJ, and ENFP - at least those are a few I've encountered.

I've dithered more about my e-type than about my MBTI type. But 6 really seems to fit. 9 was the other strong possibility for me but lately I have become more and more convinced that I'm 6.
    When I read the description...and how they make it sound high energy, it made me think enfj. Yeah, I suck at enneagram. I just want someone who knows to tell me what I am...
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    When I read the description...and how they make it sound high energy, it made me think enfj. Yeah, I suck at enneagram. I just want someone who knows to tell me what I am...
    I don't think they're high energy necessarily. I don't know much about 6 either, but they cover a lot of territory. Some seem to be chronic worriers, some just constantly mindful of their need for security, some just have strong attachements to the communal/social realm and worry about fitting into that..

As far as low energy goes, I've seen Chuck Norris of all people typed as one. Maybe he's ISTJ. If not him, then his persona is. The vigilant cop type.

Anyways, that's just one example that goes against a high energy ENFJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I like it well enough, I suppose. I think it's pretty hard to be objective about it, though. Try to avoid it or not, I think that we all tend to take our strengths for granted, and magnify our weaknesses. In that line, it's very easy for me to say that I'd prefer to be an ENTP. My social skills and comfortability are just awful, and I can double-guess and become paralyzed by indecision and endlessly projecting possibilities without actually doing anything. It's been a pretty major source of all of the lacks in my life. Being more engaging and social would probably have made a huge difference for the better. But I'd be naive to think that there aren't positives and negatives to anything... so I'll take what I've got, when it comes to type.
    Our social skills suck in certain situations, too. And I get the impression that with Ti dom instead of Ne, you have less trouble focusing. I would like to put Ti in the pilot's seat when I'm trying to get shit done.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Our social skills suck in certain situations, too. And I get the impression that with Ti dom instead of Ne, you have less trouble focusing. I would like to put Ti in the pilot's seat when I'm trying to get shit done.
    We're probably less scattered than Ne doms...but on the flip side, as @kelric mentioned, there's the tendency to become wrapped up in thinking and paralyzed. I've always figured if I were an extrovert I'd at least be putting myself out there and getting somewhere in life and making some things happen, even if it's not exactly what I'd planned.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Te last thing you want to do is to put Ti or Fi when you want to get shit done. Those are the slowest of all decision makers and action oriented.

Being a Ti of Fi dom would make one be worst at focusing. Those functions need everything to fall in line with its internal standards.

If they hear or see something that doesn't fall in line with those standards, they can't focus until they manage to grasp/match those to their standards.

Since most standards are pre existing and what I explained introverted judging needs to do take quite sometime, they find themselves lost in space quite often.

They just cannot accept external standards.

Haven't you ever noticed that IXXPs are the ones who are lost in space most of the time?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Te last thing you want to do is to put Ti or Fi when you want to get shit done. Those are the slowest of all decision makers and action oriented.

Being a Ti of Fi dom would make one be worst at focusing. Those functions need everything to fall in line with its internal standards.

If they hear or see something that doesn't fall in line with those standards, they can't focus until they manage to grasp/match those to their standards.

Since most standards are pre existing and what I explained introverted judging needs to do take quite sometime, they find themselves lost in space quite often.

They just cannot accept external standards.

Haven't you ever noticed that IXXPs are the ones who are lost in space most of the time?
    No, I assumed they were less spacey than us. But I've only ever hung out with them for fun, I've never observed them at work before.

Speaking of Te, my INTJ hub doesn't get the concept of having trouble focusing. He can hardly fathom it.

I like myself and my type seems to fall pretty comfortably around that self.

So yes. Yes is what I'm saying.