User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I'm cursed

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default I'm cursed

I'm a fucking magnet for bad luck. In early March, I broke my arm skiing, which kept me out of work for a few weeks. Last night, the transmission on my car blew up. The car isn't worth enough to justify me fixing it. And the only reason I had that shitty car is because when I lived in Florida, my previous car was totaled by an illegal immigrant when I had only liability insurance (it was paid off). I could mention a dozen other shitty things that have happened to me in the last couple years. Fuck this. What the fuck did I do in a previous life to deserve being shit on so much?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sorry bro.

*backs out of thread slowly and quietly*

MBTI
    ISTx

My new 4gb ipod nano just decided to quit turning on for no reason the other day. The closest apple store is 3 hours away and sending/receiving it out to get repaired is going to be a nuisance since I live on a mil. base. =/

I have high blood pressure and most likely kidney disease...

I once slowly rode my bike off a curb, with one hand on the handle bars and one eating an apple. The hand on the bars was on the brake for the front tire So, as I was going down the curb, I squeezed the break flipping my bike and landing chin first on the pavement. 18 stitches.

I'll never have a girlfriend because I don't let anyone close enough. (I'm calling it bad luck, ok?!)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    I once slowly rode my bike off a curb, with one hand on the handle bars and one eating an apple. The hand on the bars was on the brake for the front tire So, as I was going down the curb, I squeezed the break flipping my bike and landing chin first on the pavement. 18 stitches.
    OMG, I had the exact same thing happen, except my other hand was out of commission because it already had stitches from a previous accident!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd offer a prize to the person with the worst luck... but I don't want lightning to strike me.

Sorry all that crap has been happening, Lat.

Our hot water heater broke, a few weeks ago the sump pump broke, we thought our car might have been screwed up on Tuesday (but jumping it fixed it). scared to see what might happen next.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

3 electric shavers in a row have broken when they are *just* out of warranty. Not crappy cheap ones... $150 ones. So that's 3 in 4 years. The last was on Tuesday. A remington that packed up on me1 year and one month old. WTF!

MBTI
    yupp

I'm convinced 2008 is just a bad year. People getting sick and dying things breaking, and it's not just me everyone around me is having shittier luck then usual this year. So yeah, I do think it has more to do with the year. Like nothing is going right this year. Part of me just wants to go hibernate til 2009.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Odd. So-far this year hasn't been as bad to me as some in the past...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

2008 is MUCH better than 2006, when everything that really could go wrong with my life did go wrong with my life on my birthday.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I could totally pwn ONE year going wrong. For the first like four or five years I was with Arilee every frickin year something went wrong. We're talking trouble with the law, mother dying etc etc.

Oh and I'm not going to mention my luck with computers. Put it like this though, this one is like the third complete set of components I've bought in about 18 months and only now am I experiencing reliability and I'm using Vista!!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?