User Tag List

First 345

Thread: I'm cursed

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Dana! You could say that it fell out of your pocket into a puddle while you were changing a flat or some other task- that's what happened to my last I-pod

Or you could say what happened to my sister's- she sat it on the table when cleaning out her pocket and then her friend accidentally knocked over a can of rootbeer on it- the poor I-pod died then.

And could we have a worst 24 hours contest? In the course of 24 hours in 2006 I learned that my mom had cancer, someone ran into my car in a parking lot and knocked off the mirror and dented the door, I walked in on my fiance having sex with my housemate (in my bed), was a victim of crime and had my engagement ended

... and lost one of my favorite pairs of shoes
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Okay, "class," then, if you prefer.
    Oh my God, you really are like this, aren't you? I'm not in "class" either, you [edited by Rajah].

And an INTP of all people should know that even being "voluntarily" broke by being in "college" or "class" doesn't alter the underlying problem of "broke." Please don't make me draw a diagram. My MS Paint skills, while legendary, are legendary for all the wrong reasons.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    GONE

Okay, Lost-Uni and Whatever tie! I'll split my cookie in two for you guys.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*whatever ponders if she actually lost by winning this contest, then decides that no, it's merely winning because she already lost *
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

IDK about worst 24 hours.

But is it bad to feel better due to hearing other people's bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    a thread to rival MacGuffin's "I'm a failure and a f*up".

things go well. things go badly. I think I'm in a bad phase now re work. Caught in a chess game where I'm a pawn and am getting blocked. A line manager so anal she'll suck up the chair she sits on. Always asking what value do you add here. Why are you doing this/that. Suggesting I keep a time sheet where I log what I do by the hour so "you can justify your value". etc.

No way out that Ne can see. I think I'd be lucky to still have a job by next year.

Sometimes the worst thing isn't something bad happening. It is when you feel that something will happen, but it hasn't yet, and you cannot stop it.
    I am shamelessly self-promoting a thread complaining about work.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I'm more than willing to cede my cookie. Life's still fantastic.
    Oh don't worry the cookie should arrive blessed by a... no two representatives of the Vatican, under armed guard in a sealed container checked by the CDC and warded from evil spirits by the old woman of Northumbria.

As close to guaranteed not cursed as it gets...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    And could we have a worst 24 hours contest? In the course of 24 hours in 2006 I learned that my mom had cancer, someone ran into my car in a parking lot and knocked off the mirror and dented the door, I walked in on my fiance having sex with my housemate (in my bed), was a victim of crime and had my engagement ended
    THAT'S what you bought the dog for! I see now. That would have made the day a much more cheerful one... kinda Benny Hill ish but much nicer.

I'm thinking your cookie (were you to win with that pittyful attempt!) then perhaps it should conceal a shuriken within it. That way it's enjoyable and useful!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ... and lost one of my favorite pairs of shoes
    I shouldn't laugh but that addition just struck me as funny. Talk about topping a day off.

It wasn't a Monday too was it?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?