User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: I'm cursed

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I have to log my time by the minute, accurate to 6 minute blocks (0.1 of an hour). So don't feel too bad!
    I used to have to do that - little six minute blocks. How f*d is that? They dropped it 'cos everybody just made stuff up.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What the fuck did I do in a previous life to deserve being shit on so much?

God doesn't like libertarians?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Banned

I have had quite a tough time for three years or so. With hindsight i would more contribute it to a lack of foresight in not correctly predicting events and their implications to the fututre. I tried to fix the present and temporarily broke the future.

Bad luck or bad judgement due to enviroment, i lean towards the latter.

A light hearted example is:
    During my time of mania and subsequent solitude i would often grab a book and sleep out in the doorway of a local church. One night i was joined by two men and after some friendly chat learned they were homeless but due to be re-housed the following day. Both men seemed of a friendly nature and had no blackets so i took them back to my flat for the night. (replace church doorway with public toilet and its sounds even more homo erotic) I fed them and whilst they slept stayed awake with my mania, in the morning i realised i had no food for breakfast, as i was barely eating at this time the cupboard was empty so preceeded to make my way out the front door. In mania i wrestled with a moral connundrum:
    If i lock the door and there is a fire we are in a block flats. If i wake them and ask them to accompany me it smacks of distrust and having been homeless myself at sixteen and seventeen and wanting no ill feeling i decided to leave the door open as the round trip was no more than twenty minutes. I returned to find my flat empty and my entire dvd collection and around two ounces of dope gone. the bastards didnt even leave me enough for a spliff. The only dvd left was still in the dvd player 'dead mans shoes'.

I felt a little cursed but really i should have just woken them.

posted by xander
    Errm does the winner get a cookie? If so I think Rajah is the winner thus far.
    Cookie fight

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I have to log my time by the minute, accurate to 6 minute blocks (0.1 of an hour). So don't feel too bad!
    =_=.

the thing is, if everyone is doing that, it'd be ok... but this is the first time in 6 years i've been in the industry, that someone has said to do that... and.. i've not heard of anyone else in the firm who does that except her. =_=. And for no other point than to be able to "justify your value"...

=_=...

I guess I could log off mbtic more and focus on work more.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

We've had much, much worse years than this one has been so far. I'm hoping it continues not being one of the rough ones. Our worst one in recent years was a time when we were making a jump and taking a hit in hopes of improving our lives, which is a common element between Rajah and Lat's rough times.

When Don went to truck driving school, I was in my junior year for my undergrad degree. Almost immediately after he left our van died and I lost my childcare. I had to drop out. Some weeks our take home was $70 and I had to walk or take a bus or beg a ride everywhere with four kids. One of the hardest times in my life. Totally worth it.

It worked and our life is much, much better than it was before he started trucking. And our future is more secure because he has a skill that is in demand. It's not his dream job and we hope he will be able to get into something he likes better in the not too distant future, but it's not a bad living. We are lucky.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Yep, that was my point. Being in college isn't being "broke," it's entirely voluntary.
    I'm not in "college."

I... suppose. Yeah!

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by return-of-uni View Post
    Cookie fight
    I'm more than willing to cede my cookie. Life's still fantastic.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, "class," then, if you prefer.

MBTI
    GONE

Um, I think return-of-uni wins. If I start feeling bad about myself (which for 'serious bouts' is rare), I will read your story again and bake you a cookie for penitence.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

I accidentally submersed my iPod in water a couple weeks ago. My dad is going to flip his lid when he finds out. Anyone have a really good excuse?