User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: I'm cursed

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    If you can afford margaritas, eating out, and college, you aren't broke.
    I mean no disrespect, skip, but I really hate when people say something utterly stupid after jumping to conclusions. I guess, upon rereading, I do mean some disrespect. Hmm.

Because I am a Fantastic Student, I have managed to secure funding. And I blew all of seven bucks of my IRS refund that surprisingly(!) came in today so I could indulge in a margarita after having my flight delayed for hours because some revenue standby people took my spot... on my $12.50 flight I get through my mom's work. The remainder will go to paying off my two-months late rent, fees for courses this semester that are not covered by my funding (three months late), and one month of my 150-day-past-due student loan.

I think that pretty much covers it.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    OMNi

I really can't complain as of yet about this year. 2006 was my dark year. Because of 2006 I'm good for suffering for at least another 20 years.

Correction...2006. I guess its been awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can't complain. Very few things seem to be going right so far... but I just can't seem to feel depressed over it.

I should try, though.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm a fucking magnet for bad luck. In early March, I broke my arm skiing, which kept me out of work for a few weeks. Last night, the transmission on my car blew up. The car isn't worth enough to justify me fixing it. And the only reason I had that shitty car is because when I lived in Florida, my previous car was totaled by an illegal immigrant when I had only liability insurance (it was paid off). I could mention a dozen other shitty things that have happened to me in the last couple years. Fuck this. What the fuck did I do in a previous life to deserve being shit on so much?
    Sounds like you are running on empty all the time.

By this I mean, if you hadn't gone skiing (and I guess been a bit more extreme than most, you wouldn't have broken your arm).

If you have fully covered your car you'd been covered.

To me, things like this are just a preference for risk... you take risks/chances and sometimes they come up.

Lastly, luckily you are naive enough to think that material assets and a broken arm are important enough to put you on a major downer... try the death of someone you know... that will irrevocably change your life.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Oh yes, Rajah wins.

Lateralus I really don't know what to tell you other than life sucks, so buy a helmet.

Things for us NF's seem to happen in three's. What number are you on?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

Yep, that was my point. Being in college isn't being "broke," it's entirely voluntary.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm a fucking magnet for bad luck.
    Try changing your handle from Lateralus to "Lucky"...
    ---
    An asside. Maybe the illegal immigrant thought himself equally unlucky crashing into you? Maybe you were actually lucky to walk away in one piece?

Luck is like drivers - you only notice the bad ones.

EDIT: Recommend you don't take up mountaineering.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Yep, that was my point. Being in college isn't being "broke," it's entirely voluntary.
    You seem to make an awful lot of assumptions about people.

New Year's Day this year was... not good. First time I've felt that unsafe in a long time. Still dealing with the repercussions from it - some positive, some not so.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    a thread to rival MacGuffin's "I'm a failure and a f*up".

things go well. things go badly. I think I'm in a bad phase now re work. Caught in a chess game where I'm a pawn and am getting blocked. A line manager so anal she'll suck up the chair she sits on. Always asking what value do you add here. Why are you doing this/that. Suggesting I keep a time sheet where I log what I do by the hour so "you can justify your value". etc.

No way out that Ne can see. I think I'd be lucky to still have a job by next year.

Sometimes the worst thing isn't something bad happening. It is when you feel that something will happen, but it hasn't yet, and you cannot stop it.
    I have to log my time by the minute, accurate to 6 minute blocks (0.1 of an hour). So don't feel too bad!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I mean no disrespect, skip, but I really hate when people say something utterly stupid after jumping to conclusions. I guess, upon rereading, I do mean some disrespect. Hmm.

Because I am a Fantastic Student, I have managed to secure funding. And I blew all of seven bucks of my IRS refund that surprisingly(!) came in today so I could indulge in a margarita after having my flight delayed for hours because some revenue standby people took my spot... on my $12.50 flight I get through my mom's work. The remainder will go to paying off my two-months late rent, fees for courses this semester that are not covered by my funding (three months late), and one month of my 150-day-past-due student loan.

I think that pretty much covers it.
    The marqarita you can't afford is of far higher value than the one you can.