User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: I'm cursed

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I'm broke, my marriage imploded, I am working five jobs and going to class, I'm stressed out beyond the telling of it, my parents are ill, I'm killing myself to spend 2 weeks a month with my son, etc., and yet life is fucking awesome. I'm genuinely happy. Pockets of stress, but overall life is good.

EDIT - I'm also currently at the airport Chili's, tucking in to a Presidente margarita... and that always improves everything. *grin*

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I'm broke, my marriage imploded, I am working five jobs and going to class, I'm stressed out beyond the telling of it, my parents are ill, I'm killing myself to spend 2 weeks a month with my son, etc., and yet life is fucking awesome. I'm genuinely happy. Pockets of stress, but overall life is good.

EDIT - I'm also currently at the airport Chili's, tucking in to a Presidente margarita... and that always improves everything. *grin*
    5 jobs?

I didn't even mention the part about my family going through tons of shit because of a messy divorce, my career hitting a dead-end because of the economy, and my recent relationship problems.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I
    What airport? I'll be right there!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    5 jobs?

I didn't even mention the part about my family going through tons of shit because of a messy divorce, my career hitting a dead-end because of the economy, and my recent relationship problems.
    Shit, I'll buy you a margarita, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    What airport? I'll be right there!
    ...at the luxurious Jacksonville Intergalactic airport! Whoo!

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    GONE

I think Lateralus just wants a hug!

Wait -- I can do one beter. NF cluster hug!!!

Now, if that image isn't disturbing enough to get your mind off of things, I dunno what else I can do!

Warning: Attempt at Meaning
    Bad luck is an opportunity for character building and creating a positive outlook in life. When all else fails, the only thing you can control is how you look at things and that makes a big difference to your sense of well-being and agency. You're also hopefully learning from 'bad luck' and understanding why things happened an how to avoid it in the future. Once you start thinking everything is out of control or bad things happening to you is karmic retribution, it can go downhill for a while.

If you look at it taking a step back, your current car was bound to blow a gasket. So you can say, thanks for the time you put in and now I'll move on because I was expecting this and had a back-up plan. With the broken arm, perhaps you learned how to avoid it in the future (avoiding certain weather conditions, switching skiis, etc.) and the time w/o use of your arm gave you greater appreciation for those who permanently don't have full use of their body and let you exercise your ingenuity in getting things done? Relationship issues as a time to self-assess and grow?

Etc. etc. etc.

Is this helping at all or just irritating you? 'Cause I can go back to
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

My ipod works again. I'm one lucky bastard.

MBTI
    INTP

If you can afford margaritas, eating out, and college, you aren't broke.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    If you can afford margaritas, eating out, and college, you aren't broke.
    She didn't say she could afford them...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Errm does the winner get a cookie? If so I think Rajah is the winner thus far.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

a thread to rival MacGuffin's "I'm a failure and a f*up".

things go well. things go badly. I think I'm in a bad phase now re work. Caught in a chess game where I'm a pawn and am getting blocked. A line manager so anal she'll suck up the chair she sits on. Always asking what value do you add here. Why are you doing this/that. Suggesting I keep a time sheet where I log what I do by the hour so "you can justify your value". etc.

No way out that Ne can see. I think I'd be lucky to still have a job by next year.

Sometimes the worst thing isn't something bad happening. It is when you feel that something will happen, but it hasn't yet, and you cannot stop it.