User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

People are supposed to taste like pork.. Pork isn't my favorite.

The strangest animal parts I've eaten, which are mostly only strange to only parts of the world are beef tongue, tripe, and marrow. Can't waste that cow. Also, pigs feet. My grandfather scrambled up cow brains, I've never tried it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Yes.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Only for the lulz.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

I prefer meat in minced form. Whether it is mooing, crowing, or talking meat makes little difference at that point.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    I watched the movie "Alive." .
    The book was really good. By which I mean I ate it as a fiber supplement.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Just curious, did the canibals eat the flesh raw, or cook it first? I think this a point that needs to be adressed i.e. were the prions denatured or what have you? As weird as it sounds, eating your grandfather to keep his JuJu within the family unit, I always thought, was oddly touching and completely different to knawing on some one's arm for a chow down. Just don't nosh on anyone living in Europe/British Isles at the height of Mad Cows disease.
    Honestly, I would have serious trouble contemplating eating human flesh. Yes, even in a dire situation, where I was faced with starvation. I'm fairly pragmatic about things though. If it was a stranger I'd have an easier time. In the end though, all other options would have to be exhausted, including hunting and foraging options (Andes style). Even then I believe I would have a hard time living with it.

I like blood pudding. Hard to get, now a days. Makes for a rare treat though. Bone marrow is good stuff too. I think it's almost instinctive to like that though. Steak and kidney stew/pie is very tasty. And I do like haggis (yes, the scottish blood will out in strange ways). Ox tail soup used to be a favourite too. I've tried most things at least once. People forget at one point, nothing of a beast killed would be wasted, and a lot of the bits disdained by people today were the delicacies and treats of yesteryear.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Just curious, did the canibals eat the flesh raw, or cook it first? I think this a point that needs to be adressed i.e. were the prions denatured or what have you? As weird as it sounds, eating your grandfather to keep his JuJu within the family unit, I always thought, was oddly touching and completely different to knawing on some one's arm for a chow down. Just don't nosh on anyone living in Europe/British Isles at the height of Mad Cows disease.
    Honestly, I would have serious trouble contemplating eating human flesh. Yes, even in a dire situation, where I was faced with starvation. I'm fairly pragmatic about things though. If it was a stranger I'd have an easier time. In the end though, all other options would have to be exhausted, including hunting and foraging options (Andes style). Even then I believe I would have a hard time living with it.

I like blood pudding. Hard to get, now a days. Makes for a rare treat though. Bone marrow is good stuff too. I think it's almost instinctive to like that though. Steak and kidney stew/pie is very tasty. And I do like haggis (yes, the scottish blood will out in strange ways). Ox tail soup used to be a favourite too. I've tried most things at least once. People forget at one point, nothing of a beast killed would be wasted, and a lot of the bits disdained by people today were the delicacies and treats of yesteryear.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^ Eh, I make no apologies for being carniverous, or for having strong stomach. I like brussle spourts too. I like goose liver pate (done just right that stuff melts in your mouth) and anchovies (salty goodness) as well. It's not like I'm serving it up at dinner parties.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    ^ Eh, I make no apologies for being carniverous, or for having strong stomach. I like brussle spourts too. I like goose liver pate (done just right that stuff melts in your mouth) and anchovies (salty goodness) as well. It's not like I'm serving it up at dinner parties.
    Oh yeah.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm honestly slightly squeamish to the thought.