User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

I didn't get into the fallout series until several years after it was released. While the graphics were dated, I still loved the world they created. The game bioshock actually reminded me a lot of fallout in some of the quirky presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence
    FALLOUT ROX MY SOX
    Amen, brother.

Another Fallout 3 trailer.

MBTI
    INFP

I will be proud to demonstrate my dedication to the Fallout series by illegally importing a copy of Fallout 3 in defiance of government censors. I may even import several copies so I can sell it in shady backalleys and outside highschools. This could be the best thing possible for the game in Australia. Speakeasies and underground LAN parties.

MBTI
    INTP

I still have a copy of the British release of Fallout II. All the children are simply invisible and invulnerable, but their word bubbles still pop out of thin air. The two quests involving children are impossible. But I guess that's a small price to pay to make sure only poorly rendered entities of age 18 or greater are transformed into clumps of red pixels. Why, if not for that change, the players of the world would go insane and think it was okay to mow down kids in the real world with a mini.

(players in the US have the constitutional right to shoot each other's offspring and are, of course, already insane)
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I will be proud to demonstrate my dedication to the Fallout series by illegally importing a copy of Fallout 3 in defiance of government censors. I may even import several copies so I can sell it in shady backalleys and outside highschools. This could be the best thing possible for the game in Australia.
    Anyway, antipodeans are supposed to take to post-apocalyptica.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I don't know if I'm going to buy "Oblivion with Guns." Will depend on what some of the more objective reviews say.

The more I played Oblivion the more I hated it. It was great the first three hours or so. (Level scaling made it so hard to do anything without getting involved in an epic battle, that I created items to take Invisibility to 100%)

I replayed Fallout 1 and 2 a month ago, they're still almost perfect games.

MBTI
    INFP

I was thinking about it again last night, and wondering if they will keep a leveling system. Traits and perks etc. It'd suck bigtime if they dropped that, but kinda hard for a 1st person shooter. I guess they did it in Oblivion.

Still...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I was thinking about it again last night, and wondering if they will keep a leveling system. Traits and perks etc. It'd suck bigtime if they dropped that, but kinda hard for a 1st person shooter. I guess they did it in Oblivion.

Still...
    I just saw the clip of Van Buren (the 2003 unfinished Black Isle/Interplay version of Fallout3) linked above as gameplay sample, and it looked sweet, then watched some 2008 Fallout 3 footage, and it looked like Oblivion with Guns. Less interesting.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, I don't know. Fallout just needs to be turn-based and third-person, like in the old one. The only way I could see upgrading it would be with 3D graphics vs. the 2D the first two used (like modern third-person games where you can rotate the display and such). An FPS would not be enjoyable at all.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.